Does a cruisetour count towards the 7 nights max cruise?

welshrich

Hello

We have a bucket list cruise booked for June next year to Alaska, we have everything crossed it will go ahead.

it's a 5 night tour before the cruise and then a 7 night cruise, my question is with the CDC saying cruises can be no longer than 7 days if this will be affected since we are not on the ship, but will be part of a tour?

Thanks in advance.

The consensus among the cruise lines don't seem to think the CDC order applies to cruise tours. They still offer cruise tours for booking.  

I was talking about that with my travel agent when they first started pulling longer cruises from the website.

What happens if anyone on the bus tests positive before the cruise?  Not sure but I don't imagine you'll like the outcome of that occurring.  

Edited by twangster

13 hours ago, twangster said:

The consensus among the cruise lines don't seem to think the CDC order applies to cruise tours. They still offer cruise tours for booking.  

I was talking about that with my travel agent when they first started pulling longer cruises from the website.

What happens if anyone on the bus tests positive before the cruise?  Not sure but I don't imagine you'll like the outcome of that occurring.  

Thankyou, I am quietly hopeful but still mindful that it might not go ahead, buoyed with the news that a vaccine has been approved in the UK this morning so hopefully the world will be in a better and safer place by then.