Royal Reveals Test Cruises-Pinnacles

3 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

It's more than age. I don't think many could get a Dr's letter no matter what their age. Are you volunteering? and could you get the Dr's letter?  

We, I mean I, signed up first day. 

I'm game. My doctor would sign anything.😉

FWIW, we both get tested once a week. Did one this morning

• Like 2

Just now, John&LaLa said:

We, I mean I, signed up first day. 

I'm game. My doctor would sign anything.😉

FWIW, we both get tested once a week. Did one this morning

Curious why you'd get tested once a week? It will be interesting to see/hear what kind of medical clearance will be required. And saying your Dr would sign anything........wow! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Curious why you'd get tested once a week? It will be interesting to see/hear what kind of medical clearance will be required. And saying your Dr would sign anything........wow! 

58 years old

BMI 23

Avg BP 110/70

No co morbidity that I'm aware of

Yea, I think I'm good as far as Dr letter😇

We get tested as a condition of visiting Laura's brother in a nursing home.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TubT said:

But I have yet to hear of anyone receiving an invitation.

I volunteered.  And I volunteered (and was accepted) into the Pfizer vaccine test.

Thank you for volunteering for the Pfizer vaccine tests.  Appreciate it very much.  Hopefully we, older couple, will be able to receive the vaccine VERY soon!!  Thanks to your help and all the other volunteers. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, momof3cruisers said:

I know someone who got an invite. She is not Pinnacle and didn’t volunteer. Nor did she accept.

41 minutes ago, molly361 said:

What ship and date?

momof3cruisers....are you saying the person you know got invited to one of the test sailings? Did she share any other information about the Invite? 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

13 hours ago, torpeedo said:

Thank you for volunteering for the Pfizer vaccine tests.  Appreciate it very much.  Hopefully we, older couple, will be able to receive the vaccine VERY soon!!  Thanks to your help and all the other volunteers. 

I am 68, and my wife will turn 70 next month.  It's been an interesting experience.  And, if we got the real vaccine (this is a double-blind test, so you never know), our experience is that we didn't even have much soreness at the vaccination site.  Pfizer has told us that when they unblind the test (which they will do when the vaccine is approved) that if we got the placebo, they will have us come in and get the real vaccine and transfer us to the safety-followup protocol.  The good news is they pay us $119 each every time we have to go to the testing site, and $5 every time we use their app to report our health for the last week. 

A funny thing:  Pfizer says the control group took longer than they expected to reach the 150 or so infections they needed to judge efficacy.  Apparently those of us who volunteered did not assume we were immune and continued with good health practices.  Remember, there were 45,000 people in the test, half of whom they gave a placebo.

They are still recruiting young people 12-17.

• Like 4