Refaring a booking to take advantage of a 3 category veranda suite upgrade offer

Ken the cruiser

We've been getting mixed signals from our TA and Seabourn, so before engaging in round 2, I thought I'd pose the question here. It's regarding the 3 category veranda suite upgrade offer Seabourn periodically includes in some of their promotions to include the one that is currently going on now.

My question is this. If we are currently booked in a V5 cabin on a Dec 2021 Antarctica cruise on the Quest, is it possible to refare our booking to take advantage of the 3 category veranda suite upgrade promotional offer to get the V2 cabin fare applied to our V5 cabin booking? Our TA currently says no and the Seabourn 1-800 POC we contacted said yes, but then said our specific cruise didn't apply; although it currently states on the Seabourn website that it does. It's a potential $3,600 savings, so we definitely want to get it applied if we can. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

I would think no, unless you could completely cancel your current booking and then create a new booking under the current terms and get your current stateroom. Usually, I'd think Seabourn would push you back to your TA, but if you can get someone at Seabourn who yes, why not tell them, "okay, then do it."

But I think your premise is wrong, and the Seabourn agent is correct. The 3-category upgrade is only available on "select voyages" -- and they're pretty limited in my growing. On the itinerary, you'd see this:

137104079_ScreenShot2020-12-01at11_15_18PM.thumb.png.10349244ca5f282668107fa55809ab71.png

But your cruise doesn't show those features. It shows:

1538570306_ScreenShot2020-12-01at11_20_46PM.thumb.png.1f70cfa33e26a5a5717550398e8f7e27.png

There's no 3-category upgrade shown on your cruise. I think they generally offer that only when the cruise isn't selling as well. The holiday cruise to South Georgia Island -- a once a year trip, is quite popular and probably pretty well booked, so they don't need to offer such an inducement to help sell it. Sorry. 😉

9 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

I would think no, unless you could completely cancel your current booking and then create a new booking under the current terms and get your current stateroom. Usually, I'd think Seabourn would push you back to your TA, but if you can get someone at Seabourn who yes, why not tell them, "okay, then do it."

But I think your premise is wrong, and the Seabourn agent is correct. The 3-category upgrade is only available on "select voyages" -- and they're pretty limited in my growing. On the itinerary, you'd see this:

137104079_ScreenShot2020-12-01at11_15_18PM.thumb.png.10349244ca5f282668107fa55809ab71.png

But your cruise doesn't show those features. It shows:

1538570306_ScreenShot2020-12-01at11_20_46PM.thumb.png.1f70cfa33e26a5a5717550398e8f7e27.png

There's no 3-category upgrade shown on your cruise. I think they generally offer that only when the cruise isn't selling as well. The holiday cruise to South Georgia Island -- a once a year trip, is quite popular and probably pretty well booked, so they don't need to offer such an inducement to help sell it. Sorry. 😉

Thanks for your detailed response! This is our first booking with Seabourn, so we're not as in tune with their promotional practices as we are with some of the other cruise lines we sail with. Thank you sgain.

Since you're new to Seabourn, I wanted to share that our first Seabourn cruise was in 2015-16 to Antarctica/SGI and the fare did drop before final payment which was a nice surprise.  So be sure to keep an eye on Seabourn's site as they will let you re-fare the cruise if the price drops.  Keep in mind that if you do find something lower, any perks you get will be what is in effect with the new fare.  

That itinerary is SO amazing that we're booked to do it again in February 2022!  

Do you already have a referral from someone for the $250 OBC for new guests?  If not, I've got one I'm happy to share.

• Thanks 1

Zelker, we are scheduled to sail with you in February (God willing).  If it is a go, I would love to take advantage of the referral coupon if you still have one available. This will be our first time to Antarctica and our first Seabourn cruise.

Just now, scottjeanne said:

Zelker, we are scheduled to sail with you in February (God willing).  If it is a go, I would love to take advantage of the referral coupon if you still have one available. This will be our first time to Antarctica and our first Seabourn cruise.

Happy to share. 🐧

Email me offline at barb dot h at comcast dot net    

Barb