RCCL Prices

Alcairns

On 12/2/2020 at 4:47 AM, Alcairns said:

am astounded at the prices RCCL are now charging.

When they canceled December cruises, the cruise we are booked on went up 300%. This is pretty much par for the course for them every time they cancel a month. "Well, we gave them a 125% FCC, so lets raise the cost of all the cruises by 50-500%!!!"

It is always easier to start high and see if the public buys it. If not, the price will drop until the ship sails. Why start low, when they know some people will pay whatever they ask. 

There are a few bargains out there. We just booked Voyager for June 2022, 11 day Baltics for inside $860. For June, that is a good price. You just have to look.

Cheers

Len

• Thanks 1

IMO they raised the prices for summer of 2021 as there is still so much uncertainty (when they will sail, how many and which ships will sail, what ports will be open, etc. etc. )  as well as a lot of itineraries they will have to change or cancel that were 8+ nights for sailings out of US ports.   

The prices for 2022 seem decent.    The new Europe sailings for 2022 have decent prices, most cheaper than what we paid in the past.     

Yes, I would love to find another deal like we did for those suites on the Jewel 10 night baltic sailing.   they GS/OS were sold out by the time I got home from work but getting a JS for 2 for $1700 or $1800 all in is sweet too!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

It is always easier to start high and see if the public buys it. If not, the price will drop until the ship sails. Why start low, when they know some people will pay whatever they ask. 

There are a few bargains out there. We just booked Voyager for June 2022, 11 day Baltics for inside $860. For June, that is a good price. You just have to look.

Cheers

Len

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

IMO they raised the prices for summer of 2021 as there is still so much uncertainty (when they will sail, how many and which ships will sail, what ports will be open, etc. etc. )  as well as a lot of itineraries they will have to change or cancel that were 8+ nights for sailings out of US ports.   

The prices for 2022 seem decent.    The new Europe sailings for 2022 have decent prices, most cheaper than what we paid in the past.     

Yes, I would love to find another deal like we did for those suites on the Jewel 10 night baltic sailing.   they GS/OS were sold out by the time I got home from work but getting a JS for 2 for $1700 or $1800 all in is sweet too!

Prices must have already gone up as I couldn't find anything near these prices 

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Everything was a great price on that sailing

• Like 1