Let the cancellations begin

pacmom

Just received information yesterday that Road Scholar is cancelling our May barge trip in Southern France.  We had rebooked after it was cancelled this year,  We are going to see what Croisi Europe is offering.  Road Scholar was chartering the barge from Croisi.  Or maybe we will try the Mississippi here at home. At least we have time to make plans.  Still taking things one day at a time.  Right now it is time for more Christmas baking.  Be safe and stay well.  Pat

We had only put down a deposit. It has been refunded.  Have thoroughly enjoyed all our trips with them and were looking forward to barging in France.  As we often say these days.  This too shall pass, hopefully not as painful as a kidney stone.

Pat

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I've been wondering how Road Scholar was doing in this pandemic, especially when they had just signed a long-term lease on the Aegean Odyssey cruise ship.  Are they offering cash back, or just FCC?

Pre-COVID - I know someone who had 2 cruises cancelled last minute with Road Scholar. She joined us on our Norway trip. I don't know if she is incredibly unlucky or what but 2 cruises cancelled with about 45 days of sailing. I have other friends who have had gone with them on their land trips and swear by them.

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Pre-COVID - I know someone who had 2 cruises cancelled last minute with Road Scholar. She joined us on our Norway trip. I don't know if she is incredibly unlucky or what but 2 cruises cancelled with about 45 days of sailing. I have other friends who have had gone with them on their land trips and swear by them.

I think the issue with the cruises was that both were on the Aegean Odyssey in the summer of 2019. The ship had engine problems that they tried to fix, but ultimately they cancelled all the trips to the end of August. I was supposed to be on Aegean Odyssey (not with Road Scholar - at the time they were just separate groups on regular sailings) and had a cruise of the Norwegian Fjords cancelled. Ultimately, 2019 would have been the last year of Aegean Odyssey sailing for Voyages to Antiquity, before Road Scholar was to charter the ship for three years.