Any National holiday date 2022?

phabric

I know it is early for 2022.  We will arriving May 25 (LHR) for our cruise May 28 (Southampton) and returning to Southampton June 11 returning home June 12, 2022.

I will be looking for hotels May 25-27, June 11.  Is there any National Holiday during that period?

2 hours ago, phabric said:

I know it is early for 2022.  We will arriving May 25 (LHR) for our cruise May 28 (Southampton) and returning to Southampton June 11 returning home June 12, 2022.

I will be looking for hotels May 25-27, June 11.  Is there any National Holiday during that period?

There will be a Bank holiday in England and Wales on the last Monday in May which is 30th. so things will be busy on the Friday night. Traffic will be really bad on the Friday as it is a popular time for families to go on holiday 

The dates change in May 22, because HM Queen Elizabeth II will have been on the throne for 70 years on June 2, so the Bank Holiday at the end of May will move to  ThursdayJune 3, plus an additional BH on Friday June 4. Quote below from www.gov.uk

The May Bank Holiday Weekend will be moved to Thursday 2 June and an additional Bank Holiday on Friday 3 June will see a four-day weekend to celebrate Her Majesty The Queen’s  Platinum Jubilee - the first time any British monarch has reached this historic milestone.

• 3 months later...