Viking Air

islandwoman

7 hours ago, sharkster77 said:

We used Viking Air.  The price was acceptable, and did include transfers between airport and ship at both ends of the trip.

By "acceptable" do you mean that the price was about what you would have paid if you had booked air and transfers on your own? Did Viking put you on convenient flights?

DH and I will be taking a Princess cruise out of Southampton, England that ends the day before our Viking cruise begins.  I am trying to compare both price and schedules of Viking Air with Princess EZ Air, but it's difficult because I can't see Viking Air options online.

3 hours ago, islandwoman said:

By "acceptable" do you mean that the price was about what you would have paid if you had booked air and transfers on your own? Did Viking put you on convenient flights?

DH and I will be taking a Princess cruise out of Southampton, England that ends the day before our Viking cruise begins.  I am trying to compare both price and schedules of Viking Air with Princess EZ Air, but it's difficult because I can't see Viking Air options online.

We had researched flight schedules and prices prior to sitting in on a phone call between our TA and Viking.  We were allowed to pick our own flights (paid the $50? AirPlus fee for that) and found the cost to be better than we would have gotten doing it ourselves (it was for early October).  We got exactly the flights we wanted.

We also paid a $100 deviation fee because after the cruise we did not go directly to the airport, but took a train from Basel to Lucerne to extend the trip by a few days.  Train from Lucerne to Zurich took us directly to the airport.

Did you book  with Viking yourself?  There's no reason why you cannot call Viking Air and discuss flights with them.  Happy Hunting.

Edited by sharkster77

35 minutes ago, sharkster77 said:

Did you book  with Viking yourself?  There's no reason why you cannot call Viking Air and discuss flights with them.  Happy Hunting.

We booked through a TA.  Reading about your experience is helpful.  Now I know enough to wait until December 21 when Viking tells me they will be open to discuss flights for our cruise.  Princess EZ Air and the airlines' frequent flier flights are already posted for the dates we need.  I was getting a bit anxious, lest the best prices and award seats sell out. 

11 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

We booked through a TA.  Reading about your experience is helpful.  Now I know enough to wait until December 21 when Viking tells me they will be open to discuss flights for our cruise.  

If you are paid in full you can do flight choice early for best selection but I'm not sure if TA involvement interferes with you contacting V-air yourself. If TA in loop, give them specific short list of preferred choices.

NOTE: At least for Delta, maybe others, if you price add-on seating like Comfort, Premium, you need to do with V-air reservation selection.  I tried to add on Comfort+ later myself and Delta doesn't allow due to the contract rates with travel businesses.