Alaska southbound on Celebrity Millenium

NonnaTLC

Hi,

Very quick question.  Traveling Southbound from Seward, which is the better side, Port or Starboard for best views from balcony?

Thanks in Advance!

I'm sorry if it's under the wrong topic, this and Australia or River cruises were my only choices 😞

NonnaTLC

Edited by NonnaTLC

6 minutes ago, NonnaTLC said:

... I'm sorry if it's under the wrong topic, this and Australia or River cruises were my only choices 😞

Howdy!! emo22.gif

To help you out, I have moved your thread posted in the 

Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020 forum to the Ports of Call - Alaska forum. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers about Alaska that will be of interest to you.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

IMO, as well as others on CC, it is an "error" to primarily remain in one's stateroom when the ship is cruising in a scenic area.  One ought to be "out and about" in order to have the best opportunities of seeing the sights.  

Thanks for posting this.  I have an oceanview on an upcoming alaska cruise because I personally would rather be up top viewing than in my cabin.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 3:22 PM, NonnaTLC said:

Hi,

Very quick question.  Traveling Southbound from Seward, which is the better side, Port or Starboard for best views from balcony?

Thanks in Advance!

I'm sorry if it's under the wrong topic, this and Australia or River cruises were my only choices 😞

NonnaTLC

Honestly, I can't recommend one side over the other. 

All views are amazing and (as another poster mentioned) you rarely are in one place on the ship for very long and you can always move to another location if needed. 

Enjoy your planning!! 

Did this trip in 2019...agree with posters above that your view is better from other areas of the ship than your balcony.  Plus, in the glacier areas, they turn the ship several times so that all have a great view for some of the time without having to move across the ship.