Vaccine rollout

With the rollout due to start tomorrow I am wondering who will be the first to post on this board having received the jab.?

personally it can’t happen soon enough for me, then perhaps we can get back to  something like normal.

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Had my flu jab BJ but I don't think that's the one you are posting about💉🤭

Hi PC.

I was alluding to the Covid jab but on re reading my opening post not really clearly.😄

Hope all is well with you, 😉

• 1 month later...

Read the article and they say they are pushing there restart date to May 4 to allow passengers to get vaccinated in time for their cruise.

Do they know something I dont?

JCV rollout not expecting my vaccine till some time in May and thats on the basis things go according to plan

1 hour ago, so,ton saint said:

Had  phone call to day we are 40 doses  short and never a had a delivery so sorry we will ring you back you are next on the list . ok thats fine,

That's disappointing and a little worrying, I have had a call from my doctor today asking me to have mine early next Tuesday instead of Friday, but will not cancel my Friday appointment until I've had my the Tuesday one, I would imagine it's a logistical nightmare for them at the moment but hopefully it will work out for us all in the end. Good luck. 🤞

• 4 weeks later...

I am a fit and healthy 47 year old and I have just been contacted by text to book in for my first vaccine which I will receive on 26th Feb, I'd say that is quite some effort by all involved in providing the vaccine to the population and it would suggest that a target of May wasnt as unrealistic as maybe first thought.

Hubby and I had  ours today - I felt quite excited!  Really getting through them in our area, local docs did 600 today so we have high hopes all targets will be met.  Not sure what will happen then though, cruises will be limited what ports they visit.  Think there will be lots of changes.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my jab a couple of weeks ago and since then confidence is slowly returning regarding going out and about,  but still following the distancing/hand washing regime. We have even started to look at itineraries towards the end of this year It does seem to me that the prices have increased quite a bit compared to similar cruises in2019. 

Edited by Brummijam
Ok

Despite having had vaccine not sure we want to cruise this year - there are bound to be restriction in place on board ship for some time to come, nobody is likely to tell us what they may be. Better to wait, we are booked on Explorer2 for June 2022 - at least something to look forward to. 

5 hours ago, ormy said:

Despite having had vaccine not sure we want to cruise this year - there are bound to be restriction in place on board ship for some time to come, nobody is likely to tell us what they may be. Better to wait, we are booked on Explorer2 for June 2022 - at least something to look forward to. 

Hi Ormy.

On the Marella website there is a page entitled “What to expect onboard” in it there is info regarding what measures we can expect to see when we are allowed back on the ships.

Keep well.

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/info/cruise-what-to-expect-onboard

2 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Thanks for the link BJ Looks OK but good luck keeping the sunbeds in possision 😂

You’re welcome PC.

Regarding sunbeds it should be ok,

We’re a civilised nation allegedly.😏😂

Thanks BJ - just looked it up - too many restrictions for our liking at the present time - wearing a mask on ship, no way I'm afraid rather stop at home. If they are going to space sunbeds will there be enough to go round. Hopefully by 2022 there will be no restrictions.

Thanks again BJ

1 hour ago, ormy said:

Thanks BJ - just looked it up - too many restrictions for our liking at the present time - wearing a mask on ship, no way I'm afraid rather stop at home. If they are going to space sunbeds will there be enough to go round. Hopefully by 2022 there will be no restrictions.

Thanks again BJ

You’re welcome.👍

Edited by Brummijam

21 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Hi Ormy.

On the Marella website there is a page entitled “What to expect onboard” in it there is info regarding what measures we can expect to see when we are allowed back on the ships.

Keep well.

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/info/cruise-what-to-expect-onboard

Hello Ormy

As well as the recommendation from Brummijam check

https://www.tui.co.uk/destinations/info/cruise-with-confidence.

Best read before "what to expect onoard". 

After reading that the other day I definitely will not being going anywhere this year.