How much cheaper without included air?

sverigecruiser

9 hours ago, bohaiboy said:

Yes economy airline tickets are included in the Silversea fare but you can elect to not use their airline and get reimbursed.

On the Silversea website go to the cruise you are interested in.  For this example I will use an Alaskan cruise.  At the top it will say "Offers included in this Cruise".  Under that it will say "Alaska All inclusive" and say it includes airfare CLICK ON THIS TAB.   Sometimes the tab also has other promotions like International cruises will usually say how much business class is.   After you click on the tab at the very bottom it will say how much they will reimburse you if you choose not to fly with them, Alaska in my example is $750 each (Australia $1500).  Take the price of the cruise subtract the number.

I haven't cruised on Silversea but I'm quite sure if you don't take their air you need to arrange and pay for your own transfers.  You can probably use Silversea transfers if available at a cost.  First night hotel promotions may also not be included but I'm not sure of that.

17 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Yes economy airline tickets are included in the Silversea fare but you can elect to not use their airline and get reimbursed.

On the Silversea website go to the cruise you are interested in.  For this example I will use an Alaskan cruise.  At the top it will say "Offers included in this Cruise".  Under that it will say "Alaska All inclusive" and say it includes airfare CLICK ON THIS TAB.   Sometimes the tab also has other promotions like International cruises will usually say how much business class is.   After you click on the tab at the very bottom it will say how much they will reimburse you if you choose not to fly with them, Alaska in my example is $750 each (Australia $1500).  Take the price of the cruise subtract the number.

I haven't cruised on Silversea but I'm quite sure if you don't take their air you need to arrange and pay for your own transfers.  You can probably use Silversea transfers if available at a cost.  First night hotel promotions may also not be included but I'm not sure of that.

My example above shows where it is, under is the first tab you need to click if you can't find it.  Sorry for the mess Im technically challenged.

Edited by RetiredandTravel

5 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Good summary!  A couple of notes:

1. If you don’t take SS air, the SS transfers are still available, but you must pay for them.  We’ve found when sailing the classic ships we can usually arrange a transfer at 1/2 to 2/3 less than SS cost.

2. We didn’t take a SS hotel transfer upon arrival in Santiago, Chile for an expedition voyage, but was still able to use the first night hotel and transfer to the airport the next day for the Antarctica charter flight.

47 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Good summary!  A couple of notes:

1. If you don’t take SS air, the SS transfers are still available, but you must pay for them.  We’ve found when sailing the classic ships we can usually arrange a transfer at 1/2 to 2/3 less than SS cost.

2. We didn’t take a SS hotel transfer upon arrival in Santiago, Chile for an expedition voyage, but was still able to use the first night hotel and transfer to the airport the next day for the Antarctica charter flight.

Yes I found out from experience (Regent) that if you don't use an included airflare  find out specifically what transfers & hotels are included (if any).  Our first Regent trip they wanted ridiculous amounts for transfer.  LHR to Southampton they wanted $500 for two to use the bus.  We hired a town car and it cost 200 pounds.  In Dublin they wanted $500 for a car from the port to town, I arraigned a car from the hotel for $35.  The second trip was very reasonable for transfer from ship to Narita, I think they may have changed their policy.

• Thanks 1