Latest promo.

macmax

1 hour ago, macmax said:

AZ recently posted new pricing for most sailings March 20/21-May 13/22 that offers 40% off and free WiFi.

I just had our Dec.23/21 cruise refared and saved a bundle.😊

AZ promo.pdf 2.54 MB · 4 downloads

May I ask if you had a previous promo rate/special and were you able to maintain it?

I booked (directly with Azamara) under a special that gave me $500 OBC.  The agent I spoke to  today told me I will lose that OBC if I take the new promo.  While the new promo is a marginally better price -- even with losing the credit -- I was hoping to hold onto the OBC.  I have delayed making the change for now.  Any thoughts/suggestions is appreciated.

We received the email today and thought it was a great deal.  However, the prices doubled from the advertised category prices when we actually tried to book a cabin. It was WAY more than we have paid in the past. A CC went from $6500ish for 2 to over $13000 for 2 😳. It was an easy decision to pass on something we were giving serious thought to booking.

1 hour ago, mchell810 said:

May I ask if you had a previous promo rate/special and were you able to maintain it?

I booked (directly with Azamara) under a special that gave me $500 OBC.  The agent I spoke to  today told me I will lose that OBC if I take the new promo.  While the new promo is a marginally better price -- even with losing the credit -- I was hoping to hold onto the OBC.  I have delayed making the change for now.  Any thoughts/suggestions is appreciated.

My TA is closed right now, the downside of working with someone on the other coast!  Our cruise has dropped enough that we have to take advantage of this, even if we lose all of our OBC.  I will post here after I speak to them tomorrow.

Thank you so much for posting this.

7 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

My TA is closed right now, the downside of working with someone on the other coast!  Our cruise has dropped enough that we have to take advantage of this, even if we lose all of our OBC.  I will post here after I speak to them tomorrow.

Thank you so much for posting this.

I look forward to knowing what you learn.  It's likely I, too, will give up the OBC but don't want to if there is another way.

The PDF flyer states “up to 40%”. Apparently our cruises in Aug/Sep 21 already enjoyed a price, when we booked, with more than whatever percentage discount is now being offered - lucky us.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mchell810 said:

I look forward to knowing what you learn.  It's likely I, too, will give up the OBC but don't want to if there is another way.

In the past I have often struggled to spend OBC on Azamara and would much rather save an amount off the bottom line instead. This is what I've always looked at if I've had to rebook to make a saving. Of course with covid and whatever remnants of protocols there are and depending on ones departure date it might be very useful to cover for tours.

I really hope that going forwards we are allowed off the ship on our own to do our thing. I can't imagine wanting to do a cruise otherwise. Keeping fingers crossed we can get back to normal soon 🤞

First person vaccinated in the UK today I see. 

Phil 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AJCM said:

The PDF flyer states “up to 40%”. Apparently our cruises in Aug/Sep 21 already enjoyed a price, when we booked, with more than whatever percentage discount is now being offered - lucky us.

Our cruise is still $2k cheaper than this offer too. 

17 hours ago, macmax said:

AZ recently posted new pricing for most sailings March 20/21-May 13/22 that offers 40% off and free WiFi.

AZ promo.pdf 2.54 MB · 22 downloads

This promotion does not offer 40% off.  It offers "UP TO" 40% off.  5% is up to 40%.  So is 10%. There may be a few cruises on the list that aren't selling well that have a 40% discount, but I'm guessing there aren't many.

Internet is already included on many of Azamara's competitors, and it should be on Azamara too.

This "UP TO" promotion has been used for years. Some will benefit, many others will not. It never hurts to check.

Edited by tgg

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

In the past I have often struggled to spend OBC on Azamara and would much rather save an amount off the bottom line instead. This is what I've always looked at if I've had to rebook to make a saving. Of course with covid and whatever remnants of protocols there are and depending on ones departure date it might be very useful to cover for tours.

I really hope that going forwards we are allowed off the ship on our own to do our thing. I can't imagine wanting to do a cruise otherwise. Keeping fingers crossed we can get back to normal soon 🤞

First person vaccinated in the UK today I see. 

Phil 

I agree Phil, I would rather have the lower price than the OBC but I just didn't want to make the move only to find that could have had both.  As for excursions, if we can't move around on our own I would rather delay than take the trip.  It's not until October so hoping things will work out. 🤞🤞

• Like 1

I had to cancel and rebook the same cabin (cat. V1) & lost $200 OBC/pp but still have $75pp from an agency promo. The new price was exactly 40% lower and I saved $1400cad/pp.

The promo does read "up to 40% on a wide variety of cruises" so the price can vary depending on sailing.

It's definitely worth checking out.

• Thanks 1

This is just a further example of how all over the place the pricing is on Azamara. I've commented about it here many times. I will never again book a cruise thinking "that is a lot of money, but I really want to do it so to heck with it" because I can wait and the prices have dropped like a stone prior to sailing. Not always, but a number of times. It's why I don't book onboard any longer. The discount I would get from being an Azamara Circle member is meaningless.  

It's all a game and I hate it. A few hundred ok, but 1000s?  No way is the Azamara product worth that. 

Phil 

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

This is just a further example of how all over the place the pricing is on Azamara. I've commented about it here many times. I will never again book a cruise thinking "that is a lot of money, but I really want to do it so to heck with it" because I can wait and the prices have dropped like a stone prior to sailing. Not always, but a number of times. It's why I don't book onboard any longer. The discount I would get from being an Azamara Circle member is meaningless.  

It's all a game and I hate it. A few hundred ok, but 1000s?  No way is the Azamara product worth that. 

Phil 

I agree, Phil.  We feel the same.  Hate to mention competitors but the HAL cruise we did last year was a delightful surprise.  Food and service on par with Azamara in some respects and even with buying a drinks package it came in much cheaper than an Azamara equivalent.  Although our cruise was curtailed due to Covid we did, in fact, have a longer cruise than planned.  Plus full refund and 100% FCC.  They gave everyone free WIFI too and phone calls.  We're still waiting for a refund for our booked and paid January 2021 cruise.  We're told up to three months' wait!  

I promised I would get back when we had a result.  To say I'm over the moon is putting it mildly.  Ours is the last one on the list of the cruises that are included in the sale, May 2022.  We save almost $5,000US which is a million CAD haha..  We had a large OBC which I was prepared to hand back but we only had to give back $500 of it.  Did I say I'm pumped?

I have always envied those who can take advantage of a sale as we usually see our cruise price go up from when we booked.  Maybe we paid a lot this time but it really was not much more than the two Princess cruises we had booked for this same itinerary, which both cancelled.

Speed up the clock.....I want to enjoy this cruise!!!

Thank you macmax for posting about this.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I have always envied those who can take advantage of a sale as we usually see our cruise price go up from when we booked.

When this happens it makes me feel almost as good as getting a discount.  Of course, I've never gotten a discount as big as yours.  Congrats!

On 12/7/2020 at 4:15 PM, macmax said:

AZ promo.pdf 2.54 MB · 28 downloads

TYVM for the heads up.  We were able to save another almost $900 and so were our friends. 🍹😁  OK I had to give up $100 TA OBC but the deal is still better cause that's not out of pocket. 

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

C’mon who’s kidding who…………

Greek Island Cruise 04 Sept - 14 Sept 2021.

Booked... Club Spa Suite total price (cruise only) £8960, booking includes $900 OBC and $200 Spa Credit.

Present Club Continent Suite offer with 30% discount, cost £11538(cruise only)

Blatant overpricing to the extreme.  Your choice.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ceejilly said:

C’mon who’s kidding who…………

Greek Island Cruise 04 Sept - 14 Sept 2021.

Booked... Club Spa Suite total price (cruise only) £8960, booking includes $900 OBC and $200 Spa Credit.

Present Club Continent Suite offer with 30% discount, cost £11538(cruise only)

Blatant overpricing to the extreme.  Your choice.

Sadly, this is not restricted to just now. Prior to all of this Covid-19 I came across some serious overblown pricing and it just put me off. It's another reason I have no desire to dip my toe in the water early. You'd be crazy to pay this sort of pricing for Azamara. 

Phil 

• Like 1