Nautica Reviews

tjm0701

5 minutes ago, tjm0701 said:

Going on the Nuatica in August 25, 2022 (Valetta to Jerusalem). Any comments om the ship, possible refurbishments upcoming, the itinerary? Tom

While Oceania's other 3 "R" ships have had the major "NEXT" extensive interior makeover, Covid forced Nautica's to be delayed until 2021.

At less than 700 passengers, with excellent crew and space ratios along with boutique hotel ambiance, luxurious cabin amenities and stellar dining venues, you will not be disappointed.

As for the itinerary, it looks like you've chosen only a single 10 day segment when there are also interesting adjacent segments some combinations of which are offered as "extended journeys" (including significant fare discounts when compared to the sum of the freestanding cruises.

IMO, Oceania shines best on longer journeys of 3+\- weeks with a few scattered sea days in the mix. But, you'll still have a terrific time on your itinerary.

if you are new to O, I strongly suggest that you read through any and all CC threads regarding O in general and Nautica specifically. There's much to learn about O Life selection strategies, the option of air credits, the importance of using the right TA for valuable added perks, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tjm0701 said:

Going on the Nuatica in August 25, 2022 (Valetta to Jerusalem). Any comments om the ship, possible refurbishments upcoming, the itinerary? Tom

just be sure you are aware the cabins are a lot smaller than most main stream lines  the W/C  especially in the lower cabin categories A to G

The  word on the street is she will be refurbished next year   hopefully they have the funds left  after  the COVID is over

if you check here for the reviews  there are some photos of Insignia after her  "NEXT"  refurb

enjoy

• 7 months later...

My Wife and I just signed up for this Cruise yesterday.  It's our 2nd Oceania Cruise, the first time on the Marina.  It was a great Cruise.

We wanted an Aft Balcony, but, they're all taken at this time.  So, we took 6031.  Has anybody stayed there before ?  Anybody have any info on this room ?  Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.  Facing out, there isn't a room on the right, but, there is a blank spot to the right back of the room.  Anybody know what that is ?  

We want to take a tour of the Holy Land at the end of the Cruise.  We're looking at Gate1 tours.  We've used them before.  Any other suggestions ?

We're from Northern Calif.

Thanks in advance,

Dave & Leona

On 7/20/2021 at 9:32 AM, daveispar said:

My Wife and I just signed up for this Cruise yesterday.  It's our 2nd Oceania Cruise, the first time on the Marina.  It was a great Cruise.

We wanted an Aft Balcony, but, they're all taken at this time.  So, we took 6031.  Has anybody stayed there before ?  Anybody have any info on this room ?  Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.  Facing out, there isn't a room on the right, but, there is a blank spot to the right back of the room.  Anybody know what that is ?  

We want to take a tour of the Holy Land at the end of the Cruise.  We're looking at Gate1 tours.  We've used them before.  Any other suggestions ?

We're from Northern Calif.

Thanks in advance,

Dave & Leona

Hi -   If you look at photos of the side of the ship, you will see that there is a smaller "boat" next to those rooms that is on what looks like a platform.   I wonder if that blank space is an access chamber to that boat.    If you look at the photos, you can definitely see it is not another room.

Joe

1 hour ago, JoePDX said:

Hi -   If you look at photos of the side of the ship, you will see that there is a smaller "boat" next to those rooms that is on what looks like a platform.   I wonder if that blank space is an access chamber to that boat.    If you look at the photos, you can definitely see it is not another room.

Joe

I don’t have the picture to look at. But if you say it’s a “small boat,” it may be a RIB.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

Does anyone know if Nautica is actually going into "Next Upgrade" in 2021?  

Per today's press release, the NEXT upgrade will be completed April 1 of next year.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/oceania-cruises-debuts-2022-europe-122600967.html

Edited by edgee
Add info

daveispar Israel was our first Gate 1 tour (big group) and we have taken several since.  There was something for everybody and we did an add on to see Petra and the Red Sea.  We have since tried their small group tours that are even better.  Only one think to think about:  Petra would be a great place to stay overnight to see at dusk or dawn.  Enjoy Nautica!

1 hour ago, goletans said:

We thought these early 2022 itineraries for Nautica would be released on July 21, but the website has nothing until June 30.

Your citation was a press release. It may be a bit before it makes it onto the web. Also, check with your TA. If s/he is a preferred O partner, they may get some advanced notice.

As a Shareholder and past guest, we received the new Nautica and Regatta itineraries 7/21. As mentioned above,  Nautica sails April 1, 2022 for her Post Covid NEXT Inaugural cruise. The itineraries are open for booking July 28. 
We expect her to be quite beautiful with her NEXT refurb.  
Ciao,

The press release included in #12 above lists out the Nautica and Regatta cruise dates and itineraries, but no pricing, that will be out shortly. Normally O Class ships have a slight cost difference on similar cruises than the R Class but I am sure I can be wrong here and there. Personally I think the ports of call on these Nautica cruises look awesome, a great blend of large and small ports that are not normally combined. 

Since so many currently available cruises have significantly less availability, I am expecting a mad rush of people booking and shuffling cruises to use their FCC before expiring at the end of 2022. Covid and variants keep us pushing travels back a bit at a time.  September we will see more 2023 and 24 and maybe even into 25 itineraries released and then the booking frenzy will settle down. JMHO

Ciao

On 7/22/2021 at 11:01 AM, tvmovielover said:

daveispar Israel was our first Gate 1 tour (big group) and we have taken several since.  There was something for everybody and we did an add on to see Petra and the Red Sea.  We have since tried their small group tours that are even better.  Only one think to think about:  Petra would be a great place to stay overnight to see at dusk or dawn.  Enjoy Nautica!

Yes, definitely a lot to see !  And yes, Petra is on our list !  Thanks for the info.

Here is what I received from my contact at Oceania a few weeks back....

Nautica’s Re-inspiration will take place during the first quarter of 2022 and she will re-enter service on April 1, 2022. Better than new and more beautiful than ever, she will feature 342 brand new suites and staterooms and dramatically re-styled public spaces.

I am hoping that they will put a Red Ginger on Nautica like they did on the Sirena.

• Like 1