Southwest opens dates to 1/2 of August!

helene109

6 minutes ago, helene109 said:

Not sure if $133 is a good rate for Orlando from Chicago! Can only buy one way. As the other date isn’t open yet.  Torn might just wait till January ugh

I would wait. Our second half just opened for our April cruise, and the fare is high for SW. I don’t book airfare until it’s between 90-120 day. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, helene109 said:

Not sure if $133 is a good rate for Orlando from Chicago! Can only buy one way. As the other date isn’t open yet.  Torn might just wait till January ugh

$133 sounds quite fair to me, but who knows these days...even the airlines are going to be guessing more than usual. 

• Like 1

Just keep in mind that Southwest no longer blocks the middle seats.  That being said we recently (2 weeks ago) flew Southwest from BWI to FLL and there were only 52 souls on our flight (lots of room).  The other day we flew from Tampa to BWI and again had fewer then 60 on our flight.  The airports (BWI, FLL, TPA where all pretty empty and we felt quite safe throughout the travel/flying process.   One suggestion for those who must fly and have COVID concerns is to book the first flight of the day.  The aircraft will have been cleaned/sanitized overnight and the earliest flights tend to be pretty empty as are the airports.

Hank

• Like 1