Grand World Voyages for 2023

wesport

Got an email for two grand world voyages for 2023. There is a world voyage, and a circumnavigation of South America in and out of Miami.  Looks interesting, but no prices that I can see for the South America one. HAL has been doing this for itinerary for years, so it will be interesting how Seabourn's itinerary compares. Stay tuned

9 minutes ago, zelker said:

Is the South America cruise on Quest by any chance and did they include a map of the itinerary that you can copy and paste here?  Thx.

In case Westport isn't around right now. Yes it is on Quest, no map or detailed itinerary just yet. Hopefully very soon. Departs from Miami, goes via Panama Canal. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zelker said:

Thanks.  Does it mention anything about visiting Antarctica?  Or maybe it will just visit the Falklands and call it good.  

Yes, 'five days' in Antarctica, and Falklands plus South Georgia. 

Edited by Isklaar
  • Thanks 1

Copied from the email -

Patagonia, Antarctica & Atlantic Isles
A Ventures by Seabourn® team adds expert insights and adventures in the Chilean Fjords and your five unforgettable days exploring the breathtaking White Continent. Visit two isolated wildlife havens in South Georgia and two windswept Falkland Islands enroute to Buenos Aires.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, guys!  A friend who received the email just forwarded it to me so I could see both itineraries.  Sure wish we could be gone long enough to do that World itinerary - looks perfect!  Maybe we'll do part of it.  As for the one on Quest, we're also booked on her to return to Antarctica/SGI in February of 2022 but might consider waiting to 2023 and doing part of this new itinerary. 

Darn Seabourn!  Stop tempting us!!  😉

On 12/12/2020 at 7:58 AM, wesport said:

Got an email for two grand world voyages for 2023. 

Thanks for the heads-up.  Apparently, the Seabourn website decided that we wanted to opt out of all communication from them!!??!! 😠

This has happened before, so it looks like we may need to check more often.  When we spoke with Seabourn yesterday, we were told that the website has been "optimized" to run on Chrome, and Safari would not work well.

Back on topic, we might be interested in parts of the world cruise.  At present, they do not know what the segments might be.  We had the same experience with the 2022 world cruise when it was first announced.  After the specific segment info was released, we booked the first leg from Los Angeles to Sidney.  In 2023, the cruise would start in Miami and go through the Panama Canal, which would interest us if it does not end in the middle of the Pacific, as some of the previous cruises did.

17 hours ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

Thanks for the heads-up.  Apparently, the Seabourn website decided that we wanted to opt out of all communication from them!!??!! 😠

This has happened before, so it looks like we may need to check more often.  When we spoke with Seabourn yesterday, we were told that the website has been "optimized" to run on Chrome, and Safari would not work well.

Back on topic, we might be interested in parts of the world cruise.  At present, they do not know what the segments might be.  We had the same experience with the 2022 world cruise when it was first announced.  After the specific segment info was released, we booked the first leg from Los Angeles to Sidney.  In 2023, the cruise would start in Miami and go through the Panama Canal, which would interest us if it does not end in the middle of the Pacific, as some of the previous cruises did.

I check periodically on my preferences. I opt in for emails, and the next day when I log in I am opted out. Not sure what the problem is. I do like to get the emails, so I check frequently. 

2 hours ago, sunshineocean13 said:

We just put down $400 on the South America and Antarctica this morning. The price will determine whether we proceed further, but it sounds like an amazing itinerary!

My estimate would be around 50K pp with port fees. HAL is about 29K pp without HSC or drinks for 78 days. 

Wesport, if that's the case then Seabourn is cheap. I have been on one HAL cruise, a week on Eurodam, and it was ok. But nothing on Seabourn. 

You get what you pay for. HAL is a mass market drudge, and there is nothing luxurious about their ships, with their long lines, nickel and diming for everything, and mediocre food in noisy 2 seating dining rooms. Some of their ships are very old and atrocious, not a patch on Seabourn's modern and spacious ships! . That said, the cabins that are equivalent in size to those on Seabourn as regular veranda cabins are not cheap, and their penthouses that are as large as Seabourn PH cabins are not cheaper. No way. Nothing personalised about it, and it would only be worth considering if you had very limited funds or waited too long to book Seabourn and got shut out.

The offer Seabourn is showing for the full cruise includes business or first class air, a hefty onboard spend, incl laundry, internet, transfers, precruise hotel, luggage forward. Does HAL even think about things like that?

Happy and healthy sailing!

15 hours ago, markham said:

if that's the case then Seabourn is cheap. I have been on one HAL cruise, a week on Eurodam, and it was ok. But nothing on Seabourn. 

You get what you pay for.

That's a view of HAL that is a bit "over the top" in my opinion.  Of course, HAL is not the luxury cruise line of the likes of Seabourn, Silverseas, etc.  If you booked your cruise on the Eurodam expecting such, I wonder how much research you did of what the HAL experience was like before you made your booking?  

About Eurodam, and as I said, it is ok. That is all I mean to convey about it, and the cruise was cheap- a week in the Caribbean. It was corn syrup instead of maple syrup as on Seabourn with breakfast. That is an example of what a mass market line has to do to make money. Ditto the cramped, noisy 2 seating restaurant, whose wine waiter scrambled from our table with a "I'll get you something good" when I asked what wines were included in my embarkation-bought package. Who needs that behaviour? None of that on Seabourn, obviously.

Anyway, the HAL next year on this cruise is the old R ship Volendam with 1432 passengers. Have you read the reviews on this site from past passengers of that South America cruise? Pretty disappointing, and nothing like I have experienced on a Seabourn cruise on the beautiful and luxurious 450 passenger Odyssey and Quest to that region. The price difference is very much worth what it is. You will have to pay up big time to get anywhere near the experience of a Seabourn ship.

We also put $400 down on the World Cruise as we are in much need to have dreams of travel.  We sailed to Antarctica on the Quest 2 years ago and highly highly recommend that choice to others as it changed our lives. We do have a dream of taking a World Cruise at some time in our lives, and we would do it only on Seabourn.  Have seriously considered other lines (actually booked Crystal a few years ago, but cancelled due to bad experiences with fellow PAX on Crystal), so 2023 may be the year for us!  Itinerary looks good, Africa and the commitment to focus on the ecology of the South Pacific.  Plus it's Seabourn which we love.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

When will there be details about these two 2023 itineraries on the website? 

According to my contact at SB, itineraries and pricing for the 2023 World Cruise and the 2023 Grand Voyage are expected to be released to the general public in Feb 2021. 

2 hours ago, MightyQuinn said:

According to my contact at SB, itineraries and pricing for the 2023 World Cruise and the 2023 Grand Voyage are expected to be released to the general public in Feb 2021. 

And what about the non-general public?  Is this information coming from your TA's?  I am a Seabourn customer, albeit not a long-time loyalist.

What I know about the itineraries was supplied by my TA. He said that Seabourn will release the itineraries in mid-January, and so I expect to hear back then. Apparently, Seabourn wants to gauge interest from those interested in the entire WC and South America/Antarctic voyages at this point and reserve cabin numbers. I put down my deposit on the latter which sails on Quest.

I am glad to see this, and I suggest you contact your TA for whatever information you can get. This is a big shift by Seabourn as they were always many months later than their competition to roll out new cruise schedules of this nature. Probably this is due to new president Josh Leibowitz picking up the pace and reemphasising how important selling is, especially in these dreary times.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 7:52 AM, tv24 said:

We also put $400 down on the World Cruise as we are in much need to have dreams of travel.  Itinerary looks good, Africa and the commitment to focus on the ecology of the South Pacific.  Plus it's Seabourn which we love.

I would caution people about cruising the South Pacific in a Seabourn ship like the Quest or Sojourn - as nice as they are you will be limited to the ports of call because of the size of the ships.  To see the real South Pacific you need to be on a genuine expedition vessel which can call at tiny islands, not just places like Apia and Suva.  My idea of a South Pacific cruise is this one - follow the link to the subsequent two cruises, from Fiji to Papeete to Easter Island.  Stunning!

https://www.hl-*****/cruisefinder/SPI2111#/