Grand World Voyages for 2023

wesport

We are currently looking at the 78 day cruise on Quest and our TA is currently fielding our questions to Seabourn. The T&C’s have glaring mistakes or typos and with the advance payment discounts no indication of what cancellation policies have changed to accommodate. Have a hard time with the pay in full in either Apr /21 or May /22 for a discount with cancel options not understood.

The amount to “reserve you pre-booking” is nominal and apparently refundable but at this point I don’t see any benefit to take it up even though we are very interested in this itinerary.

This is a new type of offer presentation from Seabourn, it seems to their benefit vis a vis uptake. Would appreciate insights anyone may have.

This is what we’ve learned. It is expected when cruising re-commences there will be a huge demand for all cruises as people are sitting on cash waiting to spend. The world cruses always have strong bookings and in this case the South America/Antarctic grand cruise is new and Seabourn is looking for customer interest.

There is however no guarantee that any or all of the Amenities listed in this offer will be included when it is formally released. Additionally the itineraries are yet to be formalized.

This offer is simply … pay to get in ahead of the “crowds” and book within a set time frame when the cruise amenities, itinerary and price are released.

11 hours ago, markham said:

What I know about the itineraries was supplied by my TA. He said that Seabourn will release the itineraries in mid-January, and so I expect to hear back then. Apparently, Seabourn wants to gauge interest from those interested in the entire WC and South America/Antarctic voyages at this point and reserve cabin numbers. I put down my deposit on the latter which sails on Quest.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Thank you.  What ship is doing the WC, do they know?  As for Quest, which I've been on, I can't help but think it's a bit small for such a long voyage.  But then I guess all the Seabourn ships would seem like that to me. Just my two cents.  (I did part of a SA circumnavigation on RSSC Mariner, 700 pax, and that was, to me, the perfect size for that type of trip.)

Fletcher makes some good points.  Yes, small yachts can explore tiny islands.  But there is a trade-off.  The larger Seabourn ships offer more services and activities that small yachts cannot support, and that appeals to us.  And the Seabourn ships are still small enough (they're not the Queen Mary) to get into some small ports.  Plus the Sojourn has a marina deck which will be used in the South Pacific for water sports, which will be great fun.  And I understand that Seabourn intends to bring on board some scientists who will educate us about what we will see, as they always do on the Antarctica adventure, which we loved.  So to each his own.

I received an email from Seabourn with this link to world cruise info: https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/cruise-destinations/worldcruise/2022-world-cruise.html?VID=6059693314&camp=CME:121920_SE2103SEG&rmid=121920_SE2103SEG&rrid=3807856182&stop_mobi=yes&XID=SEMDZ20125547

The itinerary is available, I did not see any prices. Never knew Fanning Island was also called Tabuaeran.

The latest focus is on the 2023 world cruise and grand voyage for which travel agents are registering interest with Seabourn. You can see lots of information at seabourn.com including the wc ports, some of the ports for the gv, and some highlights and incentives. (The 2022 itineraries and pricing have been out for several months and are on the Seabourn website.)

The full 2023 itineraries and pricing will be revealed after 15 Jan., 2021 to those who preregistered, and they will be expected to complete the booking with additional deposits. I assume that the website will be updated then, too.

There is some info on the Seabourn website now about the itinerary for the 2023 WC.  It's already a tad bit different than the first itinerary proposed with the email that cane to us via our TA.  I'm a little unhappy as Cairns and some Indonesian ports have been dropped and the new additions like Esmeralda, Ecuador and Christmas Is., Australia seem a little meh.  But we are still in and interested.  I'm sure the itinerary will change many times as we slowly move toward 2023.

destw-map-worldcruise-2023.jpg

The 2023 route is what I like to see in a world cruise - lots of South Pacific islands and West African countries I would never visit by any means other than a cruise. We won't be aboard, but anyone that is should lobby the captain to cross the equator at the prime meridian.

Yes, we really like the African ports.  And the visit to the South Pacific will be enhanced by the promised team of scientists who will educate the passengers on the environment.  And then there will be the great water sports from the Marina deck.  So we are still in.

We just put down the $400 entry fee - I guess to the lottery for suites - for the world cruise. Have done or will have done the SA cruise with via cruise on Regent and the Quest for Antartica and will do Amazon leg in 2022.  For me the two best parts of the World Cruise are the islands of the Pacific and the south western swing of Australia.  Have scuba'ed the GBR and done Port Douglas/Cairns/Brisbane/Gold Coast so the Melbourne/Perth/Broome/ is more interesting. Just have to keep the wife out of the jewelry stores.

We are thinking we need something bigger than a veranda suite for the full world cruise to prevent "cabin fever".  Any tips from folks who have don the 100+ day cruises?

Edited by klkaylor78

On 12/19/2020 at 9:48 PM, markham said:

The latest focus is on the 2023 world cruise and grand voyage for which travel agents are registering interest with Seabourn. You can see lots of information at seabourn.com including the wc ports, some of the ports for the gv, and some highlights and incentives. (The 2022 itineraries and pricing have been out for several months and are on the Seabourn website.)

The full 2023 itineraries and pricing will be revealed after 15 Jan., 2021 to those who preregistered, and they will be expected to complete the booking with additional deposits. I assume that the website will be updated then, too.

I just noticed your post, Markham.  So we will look forward to Jan. 15 to find out the bottom line and how much we have to commit.  Thanks for the info.  TV

tv24,

Yes, we can all look forward to the 15th as well as the 20th, dates that will deliver the goods which, in turn, will ensure 2021 is a heckuvalot more agreeable than 2020 was. In the coming few months there will be plenty of news about ramped up vaccine rollouts worldwide to deliver more and more of us up and away from the stasis we suffered during 2020. 

We live in strange and frustrating times and yet we know this era will end soon. What better sweetener is there than anticipation of a couple of Seabourn cruises?!

I look forward to greeting you both on deck 6 forward at one of those caviar and Montaudon parties that only Seabourn executes with such relaxed and genuine warmth and service. Remember our last one together on Sojourn about 18 months ago? 

• 4 weeks later...

While I did not get anything official from either my TA or Seabourn I saw that there was a booking number and I had a suite assignment for the 2023 world cruise.  I was told that they would call to discuss your cabin preference but ... I am however satisfied with what I was assigned. While I have different suite in mind what I have will work nicely.  I also know that this is a long way off and things will change.

The booking however was just a empty shell - no itinerary, shore excursion or even the ability to do the registration - but we have a slot !!!

Now if I could get the COVID immunization - it sucks being healthy, no bad habits -other than martinis - and 64.  If cruises/airplanes/trains make COVID shots a requirement I am screwed for about a year here in CA.

On 1/24/2021 at 9:59 AM, klkaylor78 said:

While I did not get anything official from either my TA or Seabourn I saw that there was a booking number and I had a suite assignment for the 2023 world cruise.  I was told that they would call to discuss your cabin preference but ... I am however satisfied with what I was assigned. While I have different suite in mind what I have will work nicely.  I also know that this is a long way off and things will change.

The booking however was just a empty shell - no itinerary, shore excursion or even the ability to do the registration - but we have a slot !!!

Now if I could get the COVID immunization - it sucks being healthy, no bad habits -other than martinis - and 64.  If cruises/airplanes/trains make COVID shots a requirement I am screwed for about a year here in CA.

I couldn't fine a booking number for our pre-booking of the 2023 South America-Antarctica cruise. Did you find it in the "My Bookings" section of your account?

On 1/1/2021 at 12:49 PM, markham said:

tv24,

Yes, we can all look forward to the 15th as well as the 20th, dates that will deliver the goods which, in turn, will ensure 2021 is a heckuvalot more agreeable than 2020 was. In the coming few months there will be plenty of news about ramped up vaccine rollouts worldwide to deliver more and more of us up and away from the stasis we suffered during 2020. 

We live in strange and frustrating times and yet we know this era will end soon. What better sweetener is there than anticipation of a couple of Seabourn cruises?!

I look forward to greeting you both on deck 6 forward at one of those caviar and Montaudon parties that only Seabourn executes with such relaxed and genuine warmth and service. Remember our last one together on Sojourn about 18 months ago? 

After a year stuck on shore I might even look forward to the Block Party!!  🤭😝

Edited by florisdekort
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

florisdekort, that would be the Howdy Doody Git To Know Yer Neyber Party, right? 
My friend Mel had such a good time at these Seabourn Signature Events that he just won’t let it go. So many friendships. What a hoot!

Hope to see you then and there.

• Haha 2

Mr. SLSD and I are standing by and ready to resume cruising as soon as it is happening and safe  The good news for us is that Mr. SLSD is now willing to cruise  many more days a year! This is one silver lining of the pandemic.  Seriously though, we are waiting for our second dose of the vaccine, but watching as many suffer during these perilous times for both health and financial security.  We know we are fortunate and we are mindful that many are not.  Markham, I would love to run into you at one of the Howdy Doody Parties. I know you don't like them, but you just have to look for the possibilities.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My travel agent has just been contacted by Seaborn regarding the 2023 world cruise. They are now quoting prices and availability for The full world cruise only. They are not quoting at this time any segments or segment pricing.  I have put down a deposit for a veranda category V3 and found out there were only two available.

It appears from what Seaborn is telling my travel agent there is a strong demand for the full world cruise. I know at this time Seaborn is trying to develop interest in the cruise so they possibly will completely sell out this cruise shortly.  Segment pricing will only be offered later in the month.

On 1/1/2021 at 8:49 AM, markham said:

tv24,

Thanks Markham.  Just noticed your posting today as I have been MIA from CC for a while.  I also look forward to seeing you on board.  I'll post more in a minute.

Yesterday we received a formal booking document from our TA for the full 2023 WC.  We will need to make a real deposit and a real financial commitment by Feb. 10.  They even assigned us a stateroom!  The itinerary was included, day-by-day, and it is a tiny bit changed from the map shown on the web site.  For instance, Esmeralda, Ecuador is gone, but Cairns is now included as well as more of Indonesia.  As of today, we are leaning in the "yes" direction as a Seabourn WC has been on the bucket list for a long time and after this long confinement, I are ready for an adventure.  And with so many segments included in 140 days, there will be many Block Parties to look forward to!

• Like 1

We've booked two segments of the cruise, and are very excited to be joining!  We were on the Sojourn last year for the Miami to Capetown segment, and we had an amazing adventure.  The crew were outstanding, and the Seabourn ambiance was welcoming.  Like many others, we're going a bit stir crazy here.

Thanks for the posting about the changing itinerary.  I expect we'll continue to see more as we get closer to sailing.