12-17-20 Thursday Weigh-In....Happy Holidays To Everyone No Matter How You Celebrate!

Belle

🎅One week to go till Christmas day

With another weekday to weigh

So beware of the sugar bug

He/she will want to give you a warm hug

Will tell you it's alright

but then you could feel ill at night

So tell the sugar bug you will but less

That way on the scale you won't see a mess

You'll be happy eating less food

You will feel so good

The scale will say same or will go down

You'll have a smile not a frown

Then all you have to worry about  I say

Is the week between Christmas and the New Year's Day🎅🥂

(hope you all had a loss or stayed the same today...no gains)🙂

• Like 1

I was the same through Tuesday.  Yesterday I made manicotti and garlic bread .... bad mistake ... mostly water weight (I think - I can't get my rings off this morning).  Alas I seem to be up 2.8# I would check tomorrow, but we are having left-overs tonight!!!  

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.  I think I am done shopping, so today I will spend wrapping presents.   Jan

Belle again you out did yourself with Thursday’s greeting

Diana great for maintaining.

Jan — the water wt will get us every time.

I am addicted to sugar and salt.  Was increasing salt intake until last weeks dramatic change in diet — NO sweets or added salt. Lots of water.

i am down drumroll🥁. 5.6 lbs this week.  Sure most water wt but will take it. (I’ve met my December wt loss goal already yay and firmly in 170’s club)

Salvation Army picked up all my stuff including 3 TVs. (Had 5 in my house and I live alone-  now have one in family room and one in bedroom)

on way home from walking Jazzper my 16 lb poodle chihuahua mix, we were greeted by a pit bull mix (beautiful dog).  Had to pick up Jazzper because he acts fierce, the pit bull just looked at us - definitely friendly but didn’t  jump.  I was yelling at him to go home.   A nice young man stopped in his pickup to make sure I was okay.  Wonderful feeling to have such attentive kind neighbors.  

• Like 1

Belle, Thanks for the poem. 

Diana, nice that you have been the same for a while now.

Jan, I'm with you this week.  

Izena, great loss - that's awesome! Welcome to the 170's club. 

Over the course of last week I was up over 7 pounds because of those stupid tortilla chips! I've lost some of it and finally landed at being up 3 pounds for the week. UGH! Did I mention I'm off chips for a while? DH is working late and picking up Zoe's Kitchen on his way home - this is my last double wedding weekend, and our kitchen is a hot mess and will be until Saturday night. Leftovers until then. We also got our meal delivery today. We'll make those over the weekend. DH has to work a few hours on Saturday and then he's on vacation until January. We have a tendency to be bad when he has time off, so I'm going to really try to be better than usual this week. Hoping to maintain into the new year. 

• Like 1

Diana, I understand.  Quieter here than previous years. 

Jan, ooh!! Garlic bread 🍞 ! Love it but it doesn't love my weight loss journey 💔 

Izena, kudos on the 170 club. I'll join you soon (according to my dtr's scale). I can do without salt but not sugar or dairy 

Belle, you're always so upbeat!! Even during this yet-again shutdown. 

• Like 1

Hi, 

Jan, oh carbs. We love them. Especially during these difficult times. Hopefully the lbs. come off soon.

Izena, wow, huge loss. Congrats and congrats on getting into the 170's club. Awesome.

Mel, oh goodness on that gain but you reigned things in and lost a few lbs, impressive. I know the rest will come off. Have nice time off with your hubby. 

Ombud, I'm with you. Can live without salty stuff but not sugar or dairy. Hubby loves the salty stuff.

We went grocery shopping today. Wanted to stock up so we don't have to shop (or leave the house except for takeout) until after xmas. Most people masked AND everyone making an effort to stay apart. 

Store a bit busy but we had a list and charged through. I'm now wearing a surgical mask then a cloth mask over that. Extra layer of protection. 

Our area shutdown 1 week ago. Was reading today the local health officer says we will probably be shutdown another 7 weeks until early February. Cases increasing a lot and tracing goes back to gatherings. Ugh...

Have a nice evening, 

Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Hello all this week before Christmas. Thank you for kind words about my posts.

I try to put a smile on your face and make you think at times.

Had my son over today, had lunch and he did a few things for me.

Had a some what healthy lunch.  Chicken salad.  (then a cookie)

I keep thinking positive about cruising. Booked the cruise before my Hawaii one.

Deal that I couldn't pass up.  Can do b2b in Nov. if everything goes as planned.

Think so with the vaccine. Really it's just wait and see, Got a year.

I to stayed the same barely. Hard month for us and everyone I would think.

Diana...Glad no gain this week. Even if have nothing to say please say Hello once in awhile so know your alright.

Jan...I know it's so madding one meal can put us up so much. You'll get it off after the holidays.

Glad your shopping is done.

Izena..Your doing really GREAT on losing weight, Losing so much during the holidays.

I to live alone too and 3 TV's. Family room, bedroom and computer room!

Mel...It's nice you got some of the gain off.  Good job. Know your weekend wedding

cakes will be a hit.  Enjoy the vacation. Hope people will time with your husband.

Ombud...Yes quiet in here. Use to be so many people. Miss them and the talking.

Maybe the New Year will change how people feel and the vaccine.

Everyone take care out there. Hope they will follow the rules better than Thanksgiving.

The counts are really bad from that time.

Rise and Shine...One week today will be Christmas morning.

You got to practice getting up early to see if Santa came..🎅

Wishing you a nice Friday and weekend. Any last minute things you have to do?

I'm keeping our Christmas very simple and relaxing this year.  "Kids" are for that

too. They will be here but not as early as we usually do. Will be nice a day but just

different. Main thing we're together and everyone is well.

Hi Belle,

Guess I can't stay away🙂.

I made fresh chicken stock yesterday. Yesterday we bought a bean and rice mix and lots of veggies. So have a nice soup for tonight. And fairly lowfat. 

Belle, nice you had your son over and will have your kids for xmas. 

Ooh, nice too you added to your Dec. 21 cruise. 

We have no plans for xmas. Staying home. Don't want to mix households. 

Diana

I've gained an inch in my waist but it's Hanukkah so that's pretty good!! A lot of water gain with salty matzo ball soup, latkes, cookies, pie ...... and the eating feast ends at tomorrow's lunch. Plus it'll be dry & relatively warm so we can get out. The kids will be over but our houses don't go anywhere else.  Felt sorry for a neighbor who needed to vent but I cannot let her in or the kids won't come. 

I picked up another can of yard trash (yes that mistake is getting less noticeable) and the trash company just picked up the can. I'm not artistic like some of you (especially Mel) more of a worker bee

Good Afternoon

Diana... I'm glad you can't stay away, would miss you to much.

The soup sounds good. Think I'm on a pot roast kick. Got

another one , might cook tomorrow.

My cruises if sail go are Nov. 27th and Dec. 7th.

Diana you and your husband will have a nice Christmas together. You will make

it a good day.

Next year will be different we all hope.

Ombud...I hope you enjoyed your Hanukkah Celebrations. I'm sure most of the 

weight gain will come off fast once back to normal. Holidays are the worst.

I'm glad the yard is looking better after all that "stuff" dumped.

I'm not artistic either and not a worker bee all the time but have my moments!😀

Enjoy the weekend all but stay safe. Wear the masks.😷

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

Sohnjay just called. Apparently his roommate caught covid when she was going back-and-forth to Modesto. The most infected zip code, in the most infected city, in the most infected county, in the most infected state. So he appropriately canceled 

58 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Sohnjay just called. Apparently his roommate caught covid when she was going back-and-forth to Modesto. The most infected zip code, in the most infected city, in the most infected county, in the most infected state. So he appropriately canceled tomorrow's lunch

Correction: Roommate's sister, mother, father tested positive for Covid-19 & roommate visited them over last weekend. So SF Public Health tested S & roommate.  Whew!! Sounds better than when I got the call while hiking (missed a few words)

Yes they should know soon, according to public health maybe as soon as tomorrow. But I still think that he does not want to come to lunch tomorrow. Which is fine. We can see him in early January. And hopefully she won't go to Merced until California has a handle on this or she moves into her new apartment (think that's January)

My daughter and my son's girlfriend took the test (both work with public)

They weren't close to anyone who had it. Just took the test because working.

Both came back negative today.  So glad.

Still will take all precaution at Christmas because you never know about this virus

because they still have a week to work before Christmas.

Plus  we/everyone have to still take precautions anyway, I bet till next summer or fall 

at least. The counts keep going up because of Thanksgiving (one reason) what's going

to happen after Christmas?

I'm happy that we're all fine in here and let's keep it that way. You Hear!

• Like 1

Belle, glad your daughter and son's girlfriend tested negative. I hope you cruises go. 

Ombud, I hope Sohnjay's test come's back negative too! I'm sure your Hanukkah gain will come off soon. 

Diana, your soup sounds good. Soup, chili, and stew always sound good to me when it's cool out. DH could eat it year round, but I just can't when it's hot outside. He made some ham and bean soup last week and we froze some.  

We need to finish our grocery list and schedule a pick up. Hopefully we can get everything we need and not have to go into a store too. I still have to wrap the kids' presents.

I think they have been scheming with each other. Yesterday they came to me separately saying they wanted to get the other something for Christmas. They both said the other wants to collect all the different kind of the same toy. Of course it's not at our local stores, so off to Amazon we go! They're supposed to be here on Monday, but I warned the kids that shipping is way behind right now. I have two other packages (one for me, and one for my MIL) that are somewhere in the postal system. They'll get here when they get here. 

I have found the limit of my refrigerators with these two weddings today. I have one cake fully stacked, one I will have to add the top tier at the venue because I ran out of room in my cake fridge, and a cookie cake that I always stack at the venue because they are just so heavy. The cookie cake is sitting on our main fridge. I think I could take on more business if we got a third fridge, but this started as a hobby 12 years ago, and my hobby really feels like a job now. Especially when I have to wash all my cake pans and piping bags.  😆   

Hello all that are reading the post this weekend.

Mel..I think you making and selling cakes is a job!🙂  Hope you got everything

done for the weddings and can rest now. Only get the fridge if you want to work more.

Do you?  The cleaning up must be a pain.

Yes kids are smart, they come up with so many ideas. Of course we weren't like that.

We were so sweet!  Hope the packages come in time.

Take care

Both deliveries went fine, and I'm done until New Year's Eve. I don't mind it being a job as long as it doesn't feel like work. 😉 Plus it pays for our vacations. I don't want more business though - we would have to stop homeschooling. There just aren't enough hours in the day. 

Belle, glad your kids tested negative. I know you'll be careful over the holiday......

Mel, wow, lots of work. I used to enjoy baking but as my hubby and I have gotten older I don't enjoy it that much. My hubby has become like a 5 year old. When we bake every surface is dirty (we have a huge kitchen so....), there is stuff all over the floors, my fingers get sore cleaning up. Ugh, not worth the hassle.

Hubby asked me if we could make sugar cookies this week. No decorations just cutout cookies. I said ok. We have everything. I just need to make sure we do it together so I can clean up as we go. Oh, hubby also doesn't like following recipes so we get not great cookies. I'll have to be in charge of this operation😀.

Congrats on getting your cakes done. 

Diana

I'm sorry. I have to vent. I worked as a Poll Inspector for 20 years and 22 years in Hospital Administration before that so I know county can log apps / tests in as received.  Vent to my sister yesterday, who by the way is a provider in a major hospital in Santa Clara County, that we still don't have S's test results. She stated the problem is bigger than I thought and stated that when patients come in for a test they are done by a nurse. At the end of the day the nurse logs all of the tests into the computer. Then they are processed. Then the results loaded. So unlike the elections department that logs things in a computer when they arrive or normal hospital procedure where the lab tech logs as they go (really quite efficient) this is all done after the fact as there aren't any computer or tablets where the tests are being done. Hence there could be as much as a 3 days delay in receiving results. She sent her nurse home 2 days ago and they still don't know the nurse's status although she had ALL the symptoms (which is why she was sent home) 

Sorry. I know I'm off topic -- just frustrated due to inefficiency. 3 handling each test (instead of 1) prior to lab getting it

Added: so frustrated I absent-mindedly ate both donuts I put on the table for the 1 grandkid that spent the night & me. Oh well, Hanukkah is over so I will be responsible again

Edited by Ombud

Belle again you out did yourself with Thursday’s greeting

Diana great for maintaining.

Jan — the water wt will get us every time.

I am addicted to sugar and salt.  Was increasing salt intake until last weeks dramatic change in diet — NO sweets or added salt. Lots of water.

i am down drumroll🥁. 5.6 lbs this week.  Sure most water wt but will take it. (I’ve met my December wt loss goal already yay and firmly in 170’s club)

Salvation Army picked up all my stuff including 3 TVs. (Had 5 in my house and I live alone-  now have one in family room and one in bedroom)

on way home from walking Jazzper my 16 lb poodle chihuahua mix, we were greeted by a pit bull mix (beautiful dog).  Had to pick up Jazzper because he acts fierce, the pit bull just looked at us - definitely friendly but didn’t  jump.  I was yelling at him to go home.   A nice young man stopped in his pickup to make sure I was okay.  Wonderful feeling to have such attentive kind neighbors.  

I’m happy to hear every one who has received test results were negative.  

Mel. I’m so impressed with your cake projects.  What a lot of work, sounds very satisfying.  I don’t like cooking -  it is just me.  I can make a mean batch of fudge.  Uses cocoa sugar etc good to soft ball stage etc.  also a great peanut butter fudge.  only problem is I will eat all the fudge in 2 days. 

Ombud the wt you’ve gained will come off quickly. 
I understand your frustrations with the  test results.  Take a deep breath.  I wish people would tell us up front about the process or realistic timelines. 

Everyone stay safe.  Hopefully this time next year we will be in happier times.

• Like 1