A few basic questions . .

bitob

We just booked our first Silversea cruise (actually our second as the first one get cancelled due to Covid).  We will be on the new Dawn for a TA in November.

What are the "rules" for book dining reservations?  How many days out?  Is it according to Suite booked?

Are the rules the same for Spa reservations?

One of us loves gourmet food; the other would eat nothing but hamburgers and pasta if possible.

Is there a section of the menu in any of the restaurants called "always available" with some simpler selections?

We have done many luxury cruises, mostly on Crystal.  Is there anything in particular someone new to Silversea should know about before cruising?.  I've read a lot of posts so I know about dress code, each of the restaurants and the like.

You wont have any problems. At the 180 day mark from your voyage you can start making diner and spa reservations on MySilversea. Your travel agent or Silversea rep will help you log on if it becomes a problem. You should be able to order off the Room Service menu in any of restaurants if someone wants a hamburger. 

Have fun and don't stress, just make it fun to explore what's available while onboard. 

• Thanks 1

Might add that your suite status has no stated or obvious impact on booking priority for any reservations.   We’ve sailed in Silver, Medallion, and regular Verandah suites and have always gotten the same outstanding service from the staff and crew.   Not once have I seen anything that passed as preferential treatment.   Yes some cruisers are frequent passenger and may be well known by the staff but I don’t see that as necessarily preferential treatment.   

I wouldn’t say we’re veterans on SS, but we have three cruises on them, and one on Crystal. The SS ships are smaller. I think that gives you more of a chance to make a connection with another passenger.

I am sure you can get pasta or something informal in most any restaurant on board, except maybe La Dame.

Hi🙂 welcome......SS is very accommodating when it comes to your food choices.  I cannot

recall seeing an "always available", but they are so good about whatever you want😃

I agree with the previous poster......the only restaurant that wouldn't have an "informal choice"

would be La Dame.   

The food and service are both awesome.👍

I believe that one needs to be in a Deck 4 restaurant (Atlantide) to order from the room service menu.  The room service galley is on that deck and is shared with other outlets on that deck.  Of course, you can also order from you suite.  

Regarding spa reservations.  Do not despair if you do not find what you want online.  They offer only a portion of the available/times treatments online.  If you go to the spa on embarkation day you might find much more availability.

I am no expert but on the two cruises I have done I asked for two ‘one off’ meals. I gave them 48 hrs notice 😊 and they didn’t bat an eyelid.

I did ask about the ‘Always available’ menu and was told that the new equivalent is the Room Service menu ... and you can ask for anything off that in the restaurant.

54 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

I am no expert but on the two cruises I have done I asked for two ‘one off’ meals. I gave them 48 hrs notice 😊 and they didn’t bat an eyelid.

I did ask about the ‘Always available’ menu and was told that the new equivalent is the Room Service menu ... and you can ask for anything off that in the restaurant.

I'm sure it will all work out.  I found an old room service menu on line (nut sure it is current) but the options were plentiful.

• Like 1