Amenities

sheila1947

15 hours ago, jg51 said:

... We think that Elite/Elite-Plus loyalists should be offered the Simply-Sail fare as an option whenever they book (and on all cruises, not just some) -- not just within the final 90 days!  That would be an excellent enhancement for Captain's Club officials to implement, in our opinion.

This sounds that a solid compromise for those who are non drinkers. Yes! There are some still around. As “grandgeezer” said ‘people are upset because now they have to pay hundreds of dollars more for things they don't want or need.’ 

In any case, cruises should be chosen for reasons other than perks given...but...it is warming to be rewarded for loyalty. 

Have a wonderful holiday season, a very happy Christmas and a healthy New Year. 

Stay safe and be well so we can enjoy cruising again...

• Thanks 1

Some lines give discounts on fare based on the level of loyalty. I believe that Celebrity should discuss offering discounts once the financial situation improves or bookings suffer. Recently Celebrity offered an "exclusive 10% off " discount to Zeniths if they book a balcony or above by a certain date. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

You still have priority tendering.  That's priceless on some itineraries.

Many E+++ do not go ashore where tendering is required, so that amenity is useless...LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I enjoyed the product at 1/2 of what they want to charge now.   We'll see if "the cruise line hasn't changed".

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

No, people are upset because now they have to pay hundreds of dollars more for things the don't want or need.

well these are issues with all inclusive pricing, not loyalty perks. As the person I quoted mentioned, I believe that they said they do still intend to offer non-inclusive pricing after final payment date. 

3 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

No, people are upset because now they have to pay hundreds of dollars more for things the don't want or need.

There are still people on this board who believe that by waiting until 90 days before departure, they can book any cruise with a "cruise-only" fare and avoid paying for the AI items that they don't want or need. They are overlooking Celebrity's intention of making such an offering only on select sailings, the criteria for which haven't been published. I draw their attention to Celebrity's FAQ on Always Included, in particular this Q&A:

Q. #29: What is Simply Sail? When is it available?

A: Simply Sail will offer a cruise-only rate for select sailings within 90 days of departure. Simply Sail will replace Exciting Deals with a new creative look and feel but maintain the same offering parameters.

any cruise

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL_Always_Inlcuded_FAQs.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orator said:

Some lines give discounts on fare based on the level of loyalty. I believe that Celebrity should discuss offering discounts once the financial situation improves or bookings suffer. Recently Celebrity offered an "exclusive 10% off " discount to Zeniths if they book a balcony or above by a certain date. 

So X hasn’t abandoned you entirely.  Sounds like a nice perk to me. 😊

16 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Recently Celebrity offered an "exclusive 10% off " discount to Zeniths if they book a balcony or above by a certain date.

The "exclusive offer" was 5% for classic/select 10% for Elite, Elite+, Zenith.  Not that exclusive.  Would think that Zenith at 3000 points would get more than Elite at 300 points.   Still 10% off when the prices are double is still a deal!

21 hours ago, sheila1947 said:

Now that drinks and internet are included in the cruise price, what happens to the CC amenities we had prior to the change?

I just booked one without always included, through big box TA. It does exist but you have to hunt a bit. Always included isn’t a good value for me personally. 

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

The "exclusive offer" was 5% for classic/select 10% for Elite, Elite+, Zenith.  Not that exclusive.  Would think that Zenith at 3000 points would get more than Elite at 300 points.   Still 10% off when the prices are double is still a deal!

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:
  4 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Recently Celebrity offered an "exclusive 10% off " discount to Zeniths if they book a balcony or above by a certain date.

Please be careful when quoting. I did not make that statement, Orator did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

That’s my disappointment. I’ve checked a couple of cruises we are interested in for when we feel safe cruising again, but the rise in price, with an included drinks package and Internet, is horrific!  I understand wanting to make up for some of the dreadful losses because of Covid19, but this will cause a pause from loyal cruisers. 

I saw someone saying it might be possible to get base price with certain conditions. That could please some of us. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

I am hoping you find another line that offers 100% of what you expect, want and need.  If/when you do. please share.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I am hoping you find another line that offers 100% of what you expect, want and need.  If/when you do. please share.  

I don't believe it has to be 100% of what they expect. It just needs to be better, IMO.  That wouldn't be hard for some to find with the new pricing and AI if they don't desire all that's force included.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Please be careful when quoting. I did not make that statement, Orator did.

Sorry you are correct.   I didn't realize that using partial quoting it will let you quote from a quote section which I did by mistake.  To me that's a CC bug which I will report.  At least it was a fact and not an opinion🙂

10 hours ago, LGW59 said:

My expectations were based experiences from previous cruises. I have the choice of lowering my expectations, look elsewhere, or stay home. My choice is to stay home as I see no cruise lines coming even close. Makes no difference to me one way or the other.

If you lower your expectations enough, you’ll never be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2020 at 4:12 PM, C-Dragons said:

So X hasn’t abandoned you entirely.  Sounds like a nice perk to me. 😊

The email implied that this was an excusive offer for Zeniths. Since then we've all learned that Elites and higher received the same offer and Classic and Select received a 5% discount. Charging for drinks and internet, which are perks and removing Zeniths from MC/Retreat clearly indicates to me that they've abandoned us and some will abandon them until they change direction when possible.

15 minutes ago, Orator said:

The email implied that this was an excusive offer for Zeniths. Since then we've all learned that Elites and higher received the same offer and Classic and Select received a 5% discount. Charging for drinks and internet, which are perks and removing Zeniths from MC/Retreat clearly indicates to me that they've abandoned us and some will abandon them until they change direction when possible.

If this was in the email you received, I can see why you thought the email was exclusive to your tier level. Apparently they were addressed to each CC member by their individual tier level.This is what mine said:

As a valued ELITE PLUS loyalty member, we’re thrilled to extend you 10% savings on cruise fares when you book a veranda stateroom or higher on sailings departing between July 1st, 2021 - December 31st, 2021.*

It’s our way of saying thank you for your loyalty.

But hurry, this offer ends January 31, 2021.

As far as perks go, I seem to recall that X stated Zeniths were temporarily not allowed into the Retreat, not forever.

6 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

If this was in the email you received, I can see why you thought the email was exclusive to your tier level. Apparently they were addressed to each CC member by their individual tier level.This is what mine said:

As a valued ELITE PLUS loyalty member, we’re thrilled to extend you 10% savings on cruise fares when you book a veranda stateroom or higher on sailings departing between July 1st, 2021 - December 31st, 2021.*

As far as perks go, I seem to recall that X stated Zeniths were temporarily not allowed into the Retreat, not forever.

I received an email today, Captains Club Members Only Bonus save up to 10% - Better Hurry Now Through January 31.  I am not elite, +, Zenith etc, no where near it.  Wonder if they will let me use it towards my Aug 2021 cruise?  

5 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

It might be evaluated at a later date according to a Zenith who spoke to a contact at Celebrity. I can fully understand why they want to keep the crowds down when we start cruising, but that's not what Celebrity has been saying! As you well  know there aren't usually very many Zeniths that visit MC/Retreat. Perhaps they can restore the benefit if there are under 10 Zeniths on board. I have observed that other than TAs there are usually 6-8 and often DW and I are the only two.The downgrading of the Loyalty program started long before the pandemic. Look at what I said about the downgrading of the importance of loyalty  special luncheons and the "top cruiser" recognition in my past posts. I don't argue that Celebrity has the right to modify their program at any time in any way. I just don't think that it's good business to alienate people who take between 10-15 and more cruises a year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orator said:

It might be evaluated at a later date according to a Zenith who spoke to a contact at Celebrity. I can fully understand why they want to keep the crowds down when we start cruising, but that's not what Celebrity has been saying! As you well  know there aren't usually very many Zeniths that visit MC/Retreat. Perhaps they can restore the benefit if there are under 10 Zeniths on board. I have observed that other than TAs there are usually 6-8 and often DW and I are the only two.The downgrading of the Loyalty program started long before the pandemic. Look at what I said about the downgrading of the importance of loyalty  special luncheons and the "top cruiser" recognition in my past posts. I don't argue that Celebrity has the right to modify their program at any time in any way. I just don't think that it's good business to alienate people who take between 10-15 and more cruises a year!

Charles, I am sorry that you see things this way. You and I apparently value things differently. I could care less about “loyalty luncheons”, being recognized as the “top cruiser”, getting a “free meal” at a Specialty restaurant or eating at the Captain's table. If X would choose to offer me any of those, it would be nice and I might accept, but I don’t cruise to get them. If I want access to the Retreat, I will book a suite and receive all the amenities that come with it.

Imo, X looked at their bottom line and determined that it wasn’t good business to continue doing things the way they had been, especially now when they’re financially strapped. Situations change, and businesses have to adapt and change too. And we can either accept it and modify our expectations, or we can move on to something that provides us more of what we value most.

I hope that going forward situations will improve and you will be back in the Retreat.

☮️🎄❤️

(BTW, on our last X cruise there were more than a dozen Zeniths on board.)

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 5

On our last crossing, Reflection, there were 12 or 14 Zeniths on board and most were in Michael’s in the prime before dinner hours.   We could never get a seat and could not even get served even by standing at the bar.   All seats at the bar were always taken as were all other seats.   Luckily we were in a RS so we went to a different, non suite, non elite non happy hour bar.   I hope things have changed with the Retreat, but we have had much better service on Azamara and Seabourn.    If the Zeniths already had the Premium drink perks I don’t know why they crowded Michael’s Club.   Of course, we also had Blue Chip members in Michael’s.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

On our last crossing, Reflection, there were 12 or 14 Zeniths on board and most were in Michael’s in the prime before dinner hours.   We could never get a seat and could not even get served even by standing at the bar.   All seats at the bar were always taken as were all other seats.   Luckily we were in a RS so we went to a different, non suite, non elite non happy hour bar.   I hope things have changed with the Retreat, but we have had much better service on Azamara and Seabourn.    If the Zeniths already had the Premium drink perks I don’t know why they crowded Michael’s Club.   Of course, we also had Blue Chip members in Michael’s.

Unfortunately the Retreat/Michael’s Club venues are not even large enough to accommodate the majority of the Suite Guests, so giving others access creates a problem.

• Like 2

I find it interesting that the limited time discount being offered to CC members is for new cruises that are booked by 1/31/21 but are only valid on cruises from 7/1/21 through 12/31/21. Does anyone see the July 1st date as an indication about when X feels cruising will either be somewhat back to normal or possibly a new start date. We already know that March 1st is their current start date. Could April, May and June also likely be cancelled soon?