So Disappointed Today

klfrodo

"Scheduled" to sail out of Rome in late June 2021

"Scheduled" to fly into London for 4 days in mid June and planned on taking the Eurostar to Paris for a few days also.

Today was the day to buy our Eurostar tix, our London Eye tix, our Oyster Card tix, and our WB Studio tix.

Just can't do this today with everything going on. Everyone is offering to reschedule dates if needed but nobody is offering full refunds if the current situation requires us to cancel.

Oh well. Just wait and hope for the best.

Rereading this I see how I'm lacking in the compassion department.

In all reality, I hope everyone stays safe and has a wonderful holiday season.

It is so tough.  I don't think you are lacking in compassion.  It's just human to feel some distress over a vacation you looked forward to for so long, now being totally up in the air.

My cruise is set for August out of Dover.  I have no idea if it will go forward or who knows if the cruise line needs to change the embarkation port to elsewhere.   Bucket list cruise, very reasonable price for Baltic but it's still a lot of money.  It all seems a huge gamble.

I wouldn't book anything now.  I was supposed to go on a 14 night cruise leaving out of Southampton in May.  I cancelled last week, got all my money back but a company in Iceland went out of business and I'm out $350.00!  

• Like 1

No, I booked way back in January of this year, before it seemed like we were all heading for this.  Will be keeping a close eye on the cruises that do go forward, and the payment due date.  Thanks for the heads up on the tour company.  My original plan was to fly back via Iceland Air & do a stop over there for a couple days.  A golden circle tour was the only thing I've booked so far, I better cancel it until I'm sure.  

On 12/25/2020 at 7:33 PM, TYTY said:

I booked with Fab Travel and still waiting for my refund, also FYI Saga Travel has gone out of business.  

Huh? Saga is just up the road from me and still operating (although from home at this time!). Closed over Christmas until 2nd January. Unless it is some other business that uses that name. 

1 hour ago, PhilbeachTraveller said:

Huh? Saga is just up the road from me and still operating (although from home at this time!). Closed over Christmas until 2nd January. Unless it is some other business that uses that name. 

In this case it's a tour company in Iceland.

• Thanks 1