Royal Caribbean & New Orleans

cantgetaname

Cause of the pandemic I have kind of lost touch with a lot that's gone on.   I remember not that long ago that Royal Caribbean had a cruise out of New Orleans.  I've read that Majesty of the Seas has been sold, does that mean that there is no more cruises on Royal Caribbean out of New Orleans?   Any hope that there will be?

Yes it has been sold. Not sure what they will send there if any in her place. Would love to see a larger ship there. I have been on the Dream and the Gory out of New Orleans. I love RCCL but the Maj was just to small of a ship for me. 

I'm sure there will not be an Oasis class ship but possibly one of the 168k ton ones. Who knows. 

• 1 year later...

Maybe old news for some, but I just found Royal is coming back to New Orleans in November! Now I can more easily use the last of my FCC's to cruise from closer to home. Booked Radiance Dec. 17 to 24, 2022. SO excited! And I got in under the wire for the "Cruise with Confidence" offer that expires 3/31/22 as well as my FCC that needs to be used by 12/31/22. Looking forward to Royal's return to NOLA!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wikoffclan said:

Maybe old news for some, but I just found Royal is coming back to New Orleans in November! Now I can more easily use the last of my FCC's to cruise from closer to home. Booked Radiance Dec. 17 to 24, 2022. SO excited! And I got in under the wire for the "Cruise with Confidence" offer that expires 3/31/22 as well as my FCC that needs to be used by 12/31/22. Looking forward to Royal's return to NOLA!!

Just a heads up that only cruises sailing before Sept. 30, 2022 are currently covered under cruise with confidence.  “For sailings booked by March 31, 2022 that depart by September 30, 2022, you can cancel up to 48 hours before your sail date and get the full paid value in a Future Cruise Credit.”  Unless RCL extends this, it’s a smart idea to book all cruises sailing Oct. 1 2022 and later with a fully refundable deposit.  This can always be switched back to a NRD before final payment date.  

Another important point, while CWC allows you to cancel sailings before Sept 30, if you get sick onboard, RCL’s Covid assistance expires April 30.  Make sure you have adequate medical/travel insurance .

COVID-19 Assistance

Vaccinated guests and children not yet eligible to be vaccinated who are sailing on or before April 30, 2022 will have the following COVID-19 Assistance at no extra charge.

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Travelling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal.

• Pro-rated cruise fare refund if your cruise is cut short for reasons related to COVID-19.

• If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Royal Caribbean will cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you and your Traveling Party.

On 3/30/2022 at 6:56 AM, 4Nathan said:

Just a heads up that only cruises sailing before Sept. 30, 2022 are currently covered under cruise with confidence.  “For sailings booked by March 31, 2022 that depart by September 30, 2022, you can cancel up to 48 hours before your sail date and get the full paid value in a Future Cruise Credit.”  Unless RCL extends this, it’s a smart idea to book all cruises sailing Oct. 1 2022 and later with a fully refundable deposit.  This can always be switched back to a NRD before final payment date.  

Oh well... at least I got a convenient cruise in before the end of the year and can use up my last FCC.

1 minute ago, wikoffclan said:

Oh well... at least I got a convenient cruise in before the end of the year and can use up my last FCC.

.... and I'm VERY happy Royal is coming back to New Orleans!

• Like 1