Hotel with cruise parking OR strictly cruise parking in Galveston

dfminor

I am scheduled to cruise with Carnival on May 1st out of Galveston.  I've only cruised twice before and both times we stayed at a hotel with cruise parking/ shuttle to pier.  I know a lot of you are MUCH more experienced than I, so...do you stay at a hotel with cruise parking or do you stay at a regular (cheaper) hotel and then park at a cruise parking lot?  I am trying to save some cash, but I don't really want a lot of hassle either.  What are your thoughts, experiences, etc????     Thank you in advance.

I've always done the parking lots, even when I've stayed the night in Galveston. I've used EZ Cruise Parking and Galveston Park & Cruise. EZ has a shuttle; Park & Cruise is directly across the street and it's an easy walk. Park & Cruise has indoor spots available. Both have discounts if you reserve in advance. 

Two years ago I used PortParking.com. I was very pleased with the facility. You park you own car inside an old warehouse. It may cost about $10 more than the others, but it is well worth it.

While on the cruise, Galveston had a large storm with some flooding. My car did not even get wet. I will definitely use them again.

• 4 weeks later...

I find that hotel prices are jacked up when cruises are happening. I prefer to stay in the Webster area and then make a 30 minute drive on embarkation morning to one of the parking facilities. I have used EZ, Lighthouse, and Falstaff.

Falstaff was a great deal last year but they have since increased their prices to where they are in line with the other indoor parking facilities. Just about all of them have increased their prices in the past year.

These prices are current as of August. I'll update them again this summer.

https://saintgregtravel.com/galveston-cruise-parking/

Edited by Saint Greg

• 3 weeks later...

I have used Port Parking several times - Indoor and Outdoor Parking - I have used the indoor parking 9i do not want to be worried about the dreaded hail storms...and flooding (the building is raised several feet above the local area).

Parking is self park - Keep you own keys. I did some research and could not find any issues - i just feel generally better with keeping my own keys - and putting the car in a garage.

In addition, I have a Tesla and they offer Level 2 charging. So I can come back to a full charge for drive home (to North Texas) - so they get MANY points for that also. (But I also used them before I got the Tesla

• Like 1