Cancelled cruise after final payment

ranchette

31 minutes ago, ranchette said:

I have a cruise booked for May 2021 if this cruise is canceled after I make final payment can I have the payment transferred to a cruise already booked in 2022?

No.  Once a cruise is cancelled by Royal you can no longer move money. You can get a refund or a FCC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, gmerick said:

I had Anthem booked 26 Jan 2021 and 31 Jan 2022.  I intend on applying the 125% FCC from 2021 to the 2022 cruise.  That will pay off the 2022 cruise, and leave me enough for deposit on a fall cruise this year.

So If my cruise in May is canceled I would be able to apply a FCC to my cruise in February 2022?

I used 8 different FCC vouchers to apply to late 2021...and indeed yes...early 2022 cruises.  The ones that were deposits...it helped pay them down.  The big one (only FCC I took instead of cash refund for after final payment) I used to almost pay off one cruise...now only owe 212.00. 

All the rest...I simply got on line immediately after announcement of cancellation to ask for cash refund (which I prefer to FCC) back to my credit card.  The last few of those have only taken a few weeks, versus months.  

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Somewhere between 2 and 4 weeks lately

I asked for cash back to credit card on cancelled by RCI January Freedom cruise, same day they announced.  Got credit back to card in two weeks on December 12th.  

My sister, on same cruise, let it go to FCC...wanting that 125%.  She still has not received her FCC email with voucher number as of yet today.  

FCC seem to take longer I guess.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

I asked for cash back to credit card on cancelled by RCI January Freedom cruise, same day they announced.  Got credit back to card in two weeks on December 12th.  

My sister, on same cruise, let it go to FCC...wanting that 125%.  She still has not received her FCC email with voucher number as of yet today.  

FCC seem to take longer I guess.   

I believe you can call RCI and get the FCC number and amount.

(800) 256-6649 have the reservation number that the FCC was given for.

11 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I believe you can call RCI and get the FCC number and amount.

(800) 256-6649 have the reservation number that the FCC was given for.

I would have done that...but my sister is patient I guess.  Will mention that to my sister if she still doesn't see anything in the next week (holidays don't help prompt refunds either I am assuming).  

It has been exactly four weeks for her.  The cruise she wants to apply it to is not due until 3/1/21.  

• Like 1