Golf in Sicily

sportsfather

My wife and I would love to play golf in Sicily. I'm sure one of you may have planned this from one of the ports that Windstar docks. (Giardino, Catania, Porto Empedoclo and Trapani) Please let me know the port, distance to the course from the dock and golf course)

Thank you in advance. Please stay safe.

I am not a golfer and have no first hand experience.

I have cruised on Azamara when there has been a golfing group touring with Perry Golf tours. I took a quick look at their site and saw in 2021 there is a tour that will stop at Trapani. The golf course for that port stop is - quoted from their web page

"MONASTERI GOLF CLUB: SICILY, ITALY

Founded in 2012, the I Monasteri Golf Club surrounds an old Benedictine monastery that’s also home to a prestigious 5-star hotel and spa. The par 71 course plays through a plantation of orange, tangerine and mandarin trees plus lemons and Indian figs whose scents flavor mild breezes in classic Sicilian fashion. Architects David Mezzacane — president of the Italian Association of Golf Course Architects — and Vincenzo Mazzacane have designed a muscular 7,130 yard layout but with five sets of tees. The white limestone surrounding holes two, three and four is something to see."

So you could do a search for that golf course and get a sense of how much of a drive it would be to get to the I Monasteri Golf Club. If you look around there website you may find additional golf courses.

edited to add: It looks like the course is closer to Catania.

Edited by MNgardens