cruise cancelled

george35

15 minutes ago, george35 said:

If RCL cancells your cruise, what do you have to do? Do they tell you what to do when they notify you that your cruise is cancelled or are you auto. on the refund list?

george35

If Royal cancels your cruise they should notify you and/or whomever you booked with.  If you do nothing you will get a FCC for 125% of the cruise fare.  Port fees will be refunded.  If you want a refund you will have to let them know

• Like 2

Interesting.  When our 3 Jewel cruises were cancelled because they moved the ship from Barcelonato Amsterdam, we automatically got our deposits refunded to cc.  When a March 2020 cruise was cancelled we had a choice of money or fcc.

When our May 2020 cruise was cancelled by RCI we got an email letter from RCI with an apology and all the specific details involved about our options.

When our Freedom ship was changed to Explorer we got a similar email.

13 hours ago, George C said:

We will do the 125 and booked a November cruise.

Just be sure those November cruise prices are not more than the 125% FCC. Every RCL cruise we can take in 2021 has skyrocketed beyond the FCC and in many cases 2x of the 125% FCC. I am not paying 150% - 250% premium for the same cruise. We will take a refund when March is canceled and book with CCL or NCLH for the amount of our refund.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigrednole said:

Just be sure those November cruise prices are not more than the 125% FCC. Every RCL cruise we can take in 2021 has skyrocketed beyond the FCC and in many cases 2x of the 125% FCC. I am not paying 150% - 250% premium for the same cruise. We will take a refund when March is canceled and book with CCL or NCLH for the amount of our refund.

The 4 (3 2021 & 1 2022) cruises we have booked using L&S are less expensive than any previous cruise we have ever taken with Royal. 

M8

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigrednole said:

My carnival cruise costs as much as rcl. All those $600 obc have driven up carnival prices. Now carnival is pushing cheers on us and including drinks. I saw princess is including all 5 perks even tips to match celebrity and ncl. Maybe it depends on the port but Galveston prices for carnival sure arent less. Everyone is including more or obc to push up prices. 

Prices are up across the board imo. Rebooking at higher prices each time now. Might be better if you leave from florida. I had to laugh at some msc sale prices I was sent over xmas ....only for the first 4 months of 2021. 

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The 4 (3 2021 & 1 2022) cruises we have booked using L&S are less expensive than any previous cruise we have ever taken with Royal. 

M8

Ours were as well. All three of our L&S cruises were less than the ones that were cancelled. On the five that we cancelled, the FCCs were moved to existing 2021 bookings, which reduced the out-of-pocket costs for those as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Ours were as well. All three of our L&S cruises were less than the ones that were cancelled. On the five that we cancelled, the FCCs were moved to existing 2021 bookings, which reduced the out-of-pocket costs for those as well.

I was going to lift and shift to May after doing it 4 times already!  Since cruises are out until March I thought it'd be safer to just go with May, but when I looked Oasis is not in Ft. Lauderdale in May😝  Now what.  Guess I'll just let them cx it or hope we get to go by then.  I already booked flights...but Delta will give us a credit voucher.

Edited by BecciBoo

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I was going to lift and shift to May after doing it 4 times already!  Since cruises are out until March I thought it'd be safer to just go with May, but when I looked Oasis is not in Ft. Lauderdale in May😝  Now what.  Guess I'll just let them cx it or hope we get to go by then.  I already booked flights...but Delta will give us a credit voucher.

Did you look at other Florida ports? I don't believe the port is the trigger, but rather it is the itinerary and length of the new cruise. If you go out to the L&S site and put in your existing booking #, it should show you what L&S options are available.

19 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

The latest date you can shift to is April 30, 2022

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The latest date you can shift to is April 30, 2022

A possibility as things go forward that date will also...fingers crossed. RCI rep said yesterday any thing is possible to be patient.

20 hours ago, yogimax said:

If these were normal times, the 125% credit would make sense.

These are not normal times.

I agree.  I think it would be fair for them to just allow people to change cruises if one gets canceled, or refund the money or offer 100% credit.  It's costing them too much money for having to keep moving the cruises and it's not really their fault that we can't cruise yet.  I'd like them to still be in business.

If it were normal times, as you suggest, and they canceled for some other reason, and infrequently, that would be a different story.

Tom

22 hours ago, george35 said:

If RCL cancells your cruise, what do you have to do? Do they tell you what to do when they notify you that your cruise is cancelled or are you auto. on the refund list?

george35

Once I get an email, or simply go to the RCI website (I book direct) and find the official cancellation notification...I scroll down to "options".   I then pick the "refund" option, fill out the form, and get confirmation.  Easy Peasy...just takes a couple of minutes.  🙂   

I don't want FCC vouchers, want the cash back.  

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I only see it happening going forward for cruises cancelled by Royal....not a wide open free for all as it was. 

Yes...sorry I didn't make that detail clear...but she gave me the impression that things are in motion but moving slowly...keep an eye open just after the first of the year for additional announcements.

22 hours ago, george35 said:

george35

I personally call and ask for refund for all the cruises we had cancelled by Rcl.  Although I do have a couple Fccs from cruises cancelled early on in the pandemic.