Waiting for Refunds AFTER Final Payment?

nini

I am curious if it has been common to receive refunds AFTER

final payments were made?

Or was the majority of refunds mainly deposits?

Our final payment is closing in (January 18th) and we are needing to make

a decision. In 2020, we waited for deposit refunds but not for full payments.

And I know many of you had to wait a very long time for deposits and full payments.

When I canceled before Princess did a mass cancelation I got my refund in 2 weeks (September 2020). When Princess cancels me it can take up to 5 months (waiting 5 weeks on last mass cancelation but they established 12/31/20 as the final date for submitting a refund form so I don't anticipate any action until after that) 

its totally up to you how you choose to roll the dice -- 100% refund ASAP or 125% FCC at a much later date. I'd rather have my $$s

I had 6 cruises canceled so far, 4 of which had been paid in full.  It did take at least 3 months for refunds on 2 of the cancellations in phases 1 and 2 and I was able to move the funds in the other two bookings to another due to special circumstances....so, that was quick.  In one of the later phases, I had a booking that was not yet paid in full and I got that compensation back very quickly ... maybe around a month.  I have one more cancelation underway that they won't even start the reimbursement process until next week (after the end of the year).  That still gives me three days to decide what to do with the money I had put down even though it was canceled by Princess over a month ago.