12-31-20 Thursday Weigh-In...Happy New Year Eve and Day...Are you Ready For 2021?

Belle

New Year...New Start...For Everything/Everyone...Virus Being Gone...Everyone Healthy Again...

Family...Friends...Us In Here...USA...The World

Now we need do our best from this weigh-in till our next  weigh-in January 7th.

(Weigh-ins are hard from Dec. 24th till Jan 7th as we know)

Jan. 7th we can begin a new staring point for us all whether we've done good or bad.

So my wish that we all could have loss's today and on the 7th, if not at least stayed the same.

Know it's very possible some of us could have gains and if so wishing their small. 

All we can do is try harder because our lives are going to be the same for awhile.

Staying home, being careful. So we will be home and the food will be there calling our names because

we're bored, depressed, family at home or just plain fed up...million of reasons.

We can do it, we're done good this last 10 months and didn't have big virus gains.

We just have to try and help each other. Give more tips, what's helping you. What foods you like

that are low cal or low carb or both.  We're a team.

Giving you each a hug and happy you all come back each week.  Happy New Year!🎈🎉🥂

• Like 1

Thanks for posting Belle  This has been such an interesting year and for the first time ever I'm glad that 2020 is almost over!!!

I unfortunately have a gain this week 0.6#  ... could have been worse.  I checked by calendar from the beginning of the year and I have gained a total of 10#  So, hopefully in 2021 I will lose it again!   Jan

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks for starting the thread & your thoughts on losing weight & what we can possibly look forward to.

Jan ~ good idea looking back to see how we've done since this strange year began.

I'm surprised I'm only up 0.2 lbs this week with the amount of chocolate I've eaten! I've had a  few cookies too.

I wonder if 2021 will be the year I get serious about snacking less.

WIshing you all a very happy, healthy 2021 & let's hope we get to cruise again soon!🍾🎆

~ Jo ~ 😊

Hello,

Belle, thanks for the poem/sharing your thoughts. 

Big news for me, I lost 1 lb. I've been the same for so long. Not that I'm complaining. Maybe all the yard work I did the past couple of days helped.

Jan, small gain. You're up some from when the virus situation started but it's not a horrible number and you will get it off.

Jo, small gain. Glad you enjoyed the chocolate though. Must have some enjoyment.

Take care everyone,

Diana

• Like 1

Happy New Year's Eve everyone!

Thanks for starting us Belle!

Diana - Congratulations!

Jan, Jo, and Ombud - I'm with you this week.

I am up the 1.4 pounds I lost last week. I'm okay with that because I was up quite a bit more than that earlier this week, and all the food I don't normally eat is out of the house.

Like Jan, I did a comparison as well - I'm down 6.4 pounds from January 1 (was down 12.3 a couple weeks ago. Oops!), and I'm down  26.1 pounds from my heaviest. I was in a really tight size 16 at my heaviest and I'm in a (mostly) 12 now.

I had a BMI of 38.2 at my heaviest (just a couple of pounds from the morbidly obese category), I started the year at a BMI of 34.6, and it is now at 33.2 (both still in the obese category). I'm now just 10 pounds from just the overweight category though! I know the BMI charts don't take in all the factors, like athletic muscle weight, but my goal range is the top 10 pounds of the normal category - I still have 40+ pounds to go. The last time I was that weight, I was a size 6. I can't imagine being at the bottom of the normal category. For my height it's 98 pounds, so I think I would be skin and bones.

Has anyone set a goal for 2021? I would like to lose an average of .5 pound a week or 26 pounds by the end of 2021.

• Like 1

Diana 👍 for your loss. 

Belle you did us a huge favor by starting this topic.   It has kept me motivated and encouraged.  

For everyone who gained pat yourselves on the back — only small gains over Christmas is phenomenal.

I started 2020 at 226#  by June had dropped 10 without effort.  Realized I lost my appetite.   I had a health wake up call that scared me in late June.

everything was okay except high glucose numbers.   Since then have lost another 45# for total of 55.

My weekly goal is 1.25#  that’s 5 # a month.  
Would like to get rid of all clothes with an X

SHOOTING  for wt of 150 by next cruise.( haven’t seen 150 since 2000)

Fantasy is to get to 125 (last seen in 1993)

Everyone be safe.

• Like 4

Izena - you have done amazing this year! Congratulations!

Ombud - I agree. I was last at high end of normal for me (122-132) when DH and I started dating 16 years ago. I will be shouting from the roof tops when I get there again! It may take a couple years, but I just have to remember that I didn't put it all on overnight. 

• Like 1

Happy New Year Everyone!  Thinking of you all on this day, that the year

will and a better year is ahead.

I think this week has been pretty good considering it's the Holiday and all the

stuff going around with the virus and the president.  As I said before

we've done pretty good the last 10 months. 

Izena is the Winner. You have really done well sticking to your plan and losing

this year.

My scale kept going from staying the same till a 1/2 lb gain.  Think I'll take the gain

because have ate a few things I shouldn't and have tonight and tomorrow to finish

up leftovers and start fresh on Monday.

Like I said could be gains on the 7th (wish not but it's the truth)

The number on the 7th will be our starting point for 2021.

So enjoy this last four days but not to much...........

Then we will all try even harder to have more loss's in 2021. Know We Can Do It.

• Like 1

Belle, little gain. No big deal.

Ombud, gorgeous photo. I agree, good riddance 2020. You'll get that 1" off, will happen.

Mel, congrats on being down so much from your heaviest. You have a great goal. I know you can do it. 

Izena, you too have lost so much this year, congrats. You and Mel have lofty goals. That's great. Great encouragement for the rest of us.

I'm down 20 lbs. from my heaviest 6 years ago when I quit working. It's taken me all those years to get to this point. 

Our CA region will continue in the Saty-at-Home order (most likely) as ICU capacity dropped today below 15%. Oh well. 

Happy New Year everyone. stay safe, stay healthy.

Diana

Edited by winewanderer

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

I spent New Year’s Eve at a hotel, to get away from fireworks. My street has turned over owners the past few years - lots of kids.  Neighbors are great.  They do love there fire works.  Jazzper ( 16 lbs poodle mix) stresses over load noises , so this works.

I had an odd experience at the hotel.   There were no computer issues at the front desk.   I got the keycard for my room — struggled with my bag and Jazzper.   Got to room used key card—-door didn’t open all the way.  The safety lock/bar was in place.  THE ROOM WAS OCCUPIED.  

Thank goodness for the safety lock.   It is a big wake up call to continue using the bar when everyone is in the room.  The receptionist wasn’t upset. She said someone else pre registered me -  implying it was someone else’s fault.   You can be sure I will leave a review about lax employee and safety issues.

Happy New Year!

Belle - sorry about the gain, but it was small. 

Ombud - great photo!

Diana - you're doing the hard part - maintenance. 

Izena - our pups don't do well with fireworks either. It was raining here last night, but we still heard a few. Yikes! Good thing the other people in the room had the lock on! Why would it matter who pre-registered you? You would think the person who hands you the key card would make sure that room is unoccupied.

The rain stopped this morning, and the water that collected in the pool is draining on it's own pretty well. It doesn't look like we had any real damage; the benches and ledge are still there so I think we're ok. 

I walked with ankle and hand weights this morning. I always forget I have them when I'm walking. DH is grilling chicken for lunch, and I think we're making bell pepper and pork bowls with Thai chili sauce tonight. I need to plan our meals for next week, but I'm lacking motivation. What's everyone eating this week?

• Like 1

I'm making sushi. Thinking about udon or ramen later in week and will definitely do gnocchi trefungi .... gotta use up the mushrooms

The dog park was packed!! I left when it was about 50 people on the small dog side (1/2 acre)

Izena, Koda understands Jazzper's issue with fireworks. He wears his thundershirt on July 4th. Also what a mishap by the hotel!! And I agree, the receptionist who checks you in needs to make sure the room is available.  

HI all!

Wow some great losses Izena & melmar02!! WTG!👍

I too am on the obese scale with my BMI on Wii. I'd like to get to normal but won't ever be the weight it suggests, 116!!

I went back to check my weight at the beginning of 2020 & am down one pound. Of course there were pounds gained & lost throughout the year!

We made the mistake of taking our dog to a fireworks display many years ago & he sure didn't like it. A dog around here went missing after the July 1st fireworks & another is missing from around the area now.

Fireworks don't seem to be a part of New Year's celebration here but my DD in Nfld has had them banging for a couple of nights!

Have a nice weekend & stay safe!

~ Jo ~ 😊

Mel, glad the rain didn't reap too much damage on the pool. 

What we're eating: We have some leftover pork so hubby is making a pork, rice, vegetable dish. Tomorrow we need to use up some riccota cheese so hubby will make his lasagna casserole thingy again. That's as far as we've gotten.

Jo, You've done ok for the year. 

Cold, rainy day today so just watching tv. I can't believe how bad things have gotten in CA with COVID. 

Stay safe everyone.

Diana

Hello all on this Sat. Jan. 2nd 2021.

I hope you all had more of an exciting New Year's Eve and Day then me.

Was so boring.  So sad what our country/people are going through.

The virus, the vaccine going out slower then they thought and the idiot

still fighting his loss.  2021 has to get better.

Wed. was a better day. Son came over and we had lunch. People came

and took the stuff away I wanted gone from the garage.

Son took some stuff to Goodwill for me. He took a few things home.

I hope I can keep up this cleaning things out. Haven't done anything

last few days.

Hope your all having a good weekend. Getting geared up to start eating better on Mon.

if haven't started already. See that some of you planning meals already that's good.

I'm going to make a chicken dish Sun. with veggies that will last me a few meals and 

maybe freeze some. Depends how much I make.

Diana see you just posted, yes the counts are really bad in CA. Are the people

of CA that stupid that they can't follow simple rules to not get sick, pass it on 

and then people die because of them. Of course it's not all people but to many.

Am I/you and others having to stay in our houses this year for months and months

again to be safe?

Take care and stay safe. 

So far this year for me is great.  
Not so for a friend.  She fell New Year’s Eve (age not alcohol) broke her wrist.  Luckily a clean/ simple fracture.  She is 71,  her  disabled  son lives with her.  

She is one of  10  single women who met at the dog park.   We are all blessed for this friendship.  When there is an illness, injury  any kind of need  — there is support.   It is wonderful to not have to worry about  —grocery shopping, getting prescriptions , dr appts,   Etc.  

I have been on both sides needing help and providing help. 

Izena so sorry about your friend. If it had to happen glad a clean break.

Also glad it wasn't a hip or leg with her taking care of her son. As we get older 

we all have to be careful.

So nice you have a group of 10 women who help each other. What a blessing.

Going into 3rd day of the new year and hope everyone is enjoying the last of the

weekend and what we consider the end of the holiday for the most of us. Some think

the 6th or 12th of Jan. is the end.

Didn't make the chicken today but will Sun. Think will take down my tree and

the few other things I have up. Have you put your Christmas stuff away?

Always make the house seem empty for awhile then it gets back to normal.

Heard some people leaving their lights up longer because of the year we've

had they want the brightness and cheer longer. What do you think of that?

I say do what ever makes you happy.

Eating makes me happy but comes with a side effect...weight gain!😄

• Like 1

Belle - It sounds like you are really making progress cleaning things up. I need to purge a few rooms in our house. My side of the closet seems to be the only place stuff doesn't accumulate. I'll start taking down a few things, but the majority of Christmas will come down next weekend for us. I always feel better when I take the Christmas decorations down. I love them, but I guess having the extra stuff in the room makes me anxious on some level. 

Izena - I am so sorry to hear about your friend, but I am glad there is a support system in place for her! My mother in law broke her ankle a few years ago, and it was about as bad as an ankle break could be. Fortunately my father in law was still alive at the time and her sister stayed with them for a while, but she still walks with a limp.

Diana - Your meals sound good. I know I said lasagna is my favorite, but anything close to Chinese is a close second. 

Ombud - we miss sushi! We have this revolving sushi restaurant close my DH's office where dishes move throughout the restaurant on a conveyor belt. The kids love the novelty of it, but man it's never cheap when we go! I've thought about taking the sushi making class on one of the cruise ships just so we can do it at home. Surely I can find something on youtube. 

Jo - Even one pound is the right direction! My weight chart for the last year looks like a heart beat rhythm.

We're making panko breaded chicken with spaghetti for the kids tonight. DH and I will add lots of veggies on the side (sautéed butternut squash, bell pepper, and collard greens and a salad) and skip the pasta.  He's back to work and the kids and I are back to school tomorrow. I think I'm the only one ready to get back into a regular routine. 

Mel, I learned what I was doing wrong on a port stop (Akita). I walked into their tourism office and was asked (by a TV reporter) why I picked a cruise with their port. Then invited to be a guest on a brief segment in a cooking show. Another guest turned out to be from the other side of my hill. I had been using Jasmine rice when I should have been using Nishi!! By the end of the taping I knew how to make sushi!! Here we are at the end

20171019_102027.thumb.jpg.1a9c8478f4c2d9ba5e87017a73b6d1d4.jpg

in my slimmer days (2017). Yes, I'm all stomach 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

Belle, Nice you saw your son. Good you're thinking about eating better. Hope the chicken/veggie dish turned out ok. 

This whole virus thing gets me down. So many careless people making things so unsafe for everyone by having parties, gathering, traveling. And it's only going to get worse. I'm hoping now that the holidays are over, maybe in 2 months, we see transmission numbers easing up but who knows.

Our region in CA had the stay-at-home order extended as our ICU capacity dropped over the weekend. 

Mel, your dinner sounds. You and you hubby are great for skipping the pasta. Back to "normal" for you, school, etc. 

Izena, sorry about your friend. Nice you have a group that helps each other. That's how our neighbors are on our small street. 

Ombud, nice photo. How nice you were able to make sushi. Looks great. 

Have a nice evening everyone. Stay safe.

Diana

Edited by winewanderer

This put it this way--my writing sounds better than I'm doing at

the moment.

Didn't make the chicken yet.

Not eating as well as I was going to.

Haven't cleaned out things for two days. (but have done good so far)

Sat. and Sun. just---Did Nothing!

The world at this moment (crazy), the weather (cold, wet)or what ever the reason

I can use any excuse,  just didn't feel like being good at any of the above.

Monday is a new day even with more rain that will be here. Don't have to

go outside for any of the things I want to do, should do.

Sushi--You all can have mine if ever together, I don't even like cooked

fish, alone raw.  Now pasta is another thing. Give me some lasagna, yes!

Hope everyone has a good start to the week on Monday.

Take care