12-31-20 Thursday Weigh-In...Happy New Year Eve and Day...Are you Ready For 2021?

Belle

Ombud - how fun! DH and I like to take cooking classes, even though I don't like to cook. 

Belle - I know I go through motivation cycles. This week I'm ready to get stuff done and my to-do lists are made. Of course I'm here instead. 😆

Diana - I hope improvements come in a couple months too. Not only are holidays behind us, but hopefully vaccines will start to ramp up and there will be a decline in the number of people who would have otherwise gotten it.

We're having the pepper and pork bowls tonight. It's one of the meals we ordered, and it came with rice. I'm going to replace the rice with cauliflower and broccoli rice instead. Cauliflower has started to grow on me, and since it will have sauce on it, I think it will be ok. We just finished school a little while ago, and I need to get up and walk or do something active for a little bit. Good numbers are coming on Thursday!  

Belle, I'll take it!!! But I only make / buy vegetarian or vegan sushi (I'm vegetarian). 

Went to my son's to watch his kids while he went to work today. He was supposed to leave at 8:30 but the company decided to keep everyone on WFH!! So relieved. We need to stay in our bubbles. 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👧

Can't walk, raining again. But we need it too

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Belle, you worked so hard last week, you deserve a couple of lazy days. 

Mel, your dinner will be good. I wish my hubby liked veggies more. 

Ombud, crazy weather this morning. I think you'll have dry weather tomorrow for walking. 

We went out in the windy, rainy weather this morning to grocery shop. 

Right now we have blue sky. Tomorrow I'll be in the backyard cleaning up the patio. So much debris/leaves/bark blown around.

Have a good day. Diana

• Like 1

Ombud, I'm glad you are getting the much needed rain. I hope you get some dry times so you can get out. That's great that your son's WFH was extended.

Diana, dinner turned out great. I think that's one we will re-order if it comes back up in the selections.

DH started back to work yesterday. He was going to start the day at home and decide if he needed to go into the office or not after checking his emails, but his passwords all expired over the break and had to go in anyway. Then he had a meeting this morning he had to be there in person for so he went in. They showed up to put in the rebar today though, so he came home after his meeting. He has to go in the next couple of days too. Hopefully he'll be back to mostly WFH soon.

Afternoon All  Hope the day started out right for everyone.

Did a few things before getting on here. Yesterday did a little cleaning

and made the chicken dish. Was good, in fact daughter came by after

work to give me something and she ate some, This way she didn't have to

fix something after work to eat. Perfect timing. Good I didn't make it

days earlier. See was a reason why I was lazy!😊

Edited by Belle

Above post froze and couldn't write any more.

Ombud   glad your husband gets to work from home, safer that

way for now.

Mel hope your husband can stay home to work soon. Sounds like your

pool is on schedule.

Diana hope you enjoyed the day in the backyard. More rain coming.

I'm not a winter person, I know we need the rain but been so cold too

even with the sun shining. Eating more comfort food. Not good.

Starting weight to lose for 2021 is Thursday.

Did notice it's staying lighter a few minutes longer each day. Like that.

Take care and be safe in this world that's off center right now in more

ways than one.

1 hour ago, Belle said:

Ombud   glad your husband gets to work from home, safer that

way for now.

Oops. Just another one of my kids (I was going to babysit grandkids). @melmar02hope your DH is just as lucky 

Walked today. If it's getting light earlier each day than we might be heading into another drought. 

Morning all,

I vacuumed the blinds in 5 rooms and our stairs this morning, so I'm counting that as my workout today. 😄

The kids are not happy that we are back to our normal routine. I let them do their school work in the living room yesterday so we could watch the progress in the backyard. My living room is a mess now with papers, books, and teacher manuals everywhere, so I want to get that all taken back upstairs today too.

Our county opened up a registration for 1A and 1B categories to schedule their vaccine appointments. Someone I know registered her parents pretty soon after it opened up, and they were 18,000 and 23,000 in line (registered one right after the other). We have over 1 million in our county and the news last night reported our county has only received about 1,200 doses to give out, so I don't expect to be getting it anytime soon.

Hello,

Belle, glad you (and your daughter) enjoyed the chicken and veggies. Sad the decorations are down.☹️

I agree about the cold. Not a fan. Last night I had on a long sleeve shirt, a sweater, a fleece jacket, the heat was on and I just couldn't get warm.....

I never made it outside yesterday to clean up the patio. Got sidetracked by the workbook we got from our CPA🤣.

Ombud, great you got our for a walk.

Mel, I'm sure your kids are so excited about watching the pool go in but yes, the mess of papers, etc. in the living room would drive me crazy. 

Last night we had a good dinner: a pork chop marinated in ginger and soy sauce. Hubby made an asian noodle/cabbage/carrot/celery salad. Fairly healthy.

We have no idea in our area what is happening with vaccines. Our healthcare provider sent us an email saying when they know something they will send another email🤒.

Today we have to go to Home Depot for a couple of light bulbs. Getting burger takeout. Will do my usual small meal and let hubby eat most of it😊.

Have a good day. Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Sorry I know this is a weight loss forum but so sad today

that one man can cause what is going on today in the US.

The world thinks we're....weak, stupid..whatever. So sad.

Will we ever get back to normal?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1