Costa internet site

gerryuk

3 hours ago, gerryuk said:

Not seen any from Japan, there are defiantly cruises to Singapore and there are cruises to and from Dubai, i am booked on one, i believe next March.

I think as the situation starts to ease more cruise destinations will be added. 

There are no world cruises showing on the UK site but i believe BVILady has said that she has booked a world cruise with Costa in 2023?

Give it some time drsel and keep checking. 

when you look for the world cruise when it brings up the date it brings up Jan.22 just click to the right to go to Jan. 23 then you should be able to book, I didn't find any other cruises past March 22 to book. That is on the US-site which only allows for reservations from the US and the Caribbean. I have also booked the World cruise 2022 from there. Maybe if you check with one of the wholesalers like icruise or *****...

Edited by BVILady

1 hour ago, BVILady said:

when you look for the world cruise when it brings up the date it brings up Jan.22 just click to the right to go to Jan. 23 then you should be able to book, I didn't find any other cruises past March 22 to book. That is on the US-site which only allows for reservations from the US and the Caribbean. I have also booked the World cruise 2022 from there. Maybe if you check with one of the wholesalers like icruise or *****...

The Costa US site is more expensive I believe.

Is it because the mandatory service charges are included in the fare?

Edited by drsel

no the service charge is not included. It is included in the German site I noticed but estimating the exchange rate Euro/US it seemed to be on par, but I didn't check the exchange rates online.  Concerning the internet site still not being fully up, I had previously checked on HAL internet sites and they had been having problems there also which seems to have been fixed by now. So looks like all Carnival group sites were hacked and are getting worked on now one by one. 

50 minutes ago, BVILady said:

no the service charge is not included. It is included in the German site I noticed but estimating the exchange rate Euro/US it seemed to be on par, but I didn't check the exchange rates online.  Concerning the internet site still not being fully up, I had previously checked on HAL internet sites and they had been having problems there also which seems to have been fixed by now. So looks like all Carnival group sites were hacked and are getting worked on now one by one. 

you are spot on about HAL.

I couldn't see any HAL cruises on at least 2 online US TAs.

Kindly compare the price of Costa US with Costa UK, Costa NL and Costa Germany and let us know the difference after exchange rate conversion. Use xe.com for the exchange rate

2 hours ago, drsel said:

you are spot on about HAL.

I couldn't see any HAL cruises on at least 2 online US TAs.

Kindly compare the price of Costa US with Costa UK, Costa NL and Costa Germany and let us know the difference after exchange rate conversion. Use xe.com for the exchange rate

drsel, seems to know I am bored. Okay checking on the rate for my cruise, NL is slightly less, Germany I can't determine since it includes service charge and I can't find the daily rate for the service charge anywhere. These 2 are priced in Euro and Costa being Italian and therefore based on Euro makes sense. The price in the UK has been higher (but not much also not priced in Euro),  UK also without service charge.

8 hours ago, drsel said:

Costa diadema is supposed to be the best ship of Costa even better than the new Smeralda.

we are sailing on Costa diadema as a Barcelona round trip, but I believe the ship also goes from Barcelona to Dubai and Abu Dhabi in November.

I sailed on Diadema almost 4 years ago and really liked her.  Before going, I wasn't sure I'd go for the more modern decor but it worked. Definitely the best entertainment options of all the Costa ships I've been on too. 

5 hours ago, BVILady said:

drsel, seems to know I am bored. Okay checking on the rate for my cruise, NL is slightly less, Germany I can't determine since it includes service charge and I can't find the daily rate for the service charge anywhere. These 2 are priced in Euro and Costa being Italian and therefore based on Euro makes sense. The price in the UK has been higher (but not much also not priced in Euro),  UK also without service charge.

service charge on Costa is 10 euros per person per night for adults and 5 euros per person per night for children

This price comparisons are assuming that the xe-rate is the rate the credit card companies are using and it is yesterdays rate, so not the date when Costa established the prices. They don't mention the daily service charge on the rates for 2023, so figured they might be changing and calculating E 10.00 per day Germany would be slightly more expensive then the US. but these differences are really minimal, like NL to US it is a total of $ 450.00 for a 128 days/127 nights cruise.

48 minutes ago, BVILady said:

This price comparisons are assuming that the xe-rate is the rate the credit card companies are using and it is yesterdays rate, so not the date when Costa established the prices. They don't mention the daily service charge on the rates for 2023, so figured they might be changing and calculating E 10.00 per day Germany would be slightly more expensive then the US. but these differences are really minimal, like NL to US it is a total of $ 450.00 for a 128 days/127 nights cruise.

what is the minimum starting price for the 127 night world Cruise?

I noticed that world Cruises are always overpriced, even on a cost per night basis.

And there will be many nights without any shows or night entertainment.

Also remember you will have to pay the mandatory service charges of 2540 euros for a couple at the end of your Cruise.

This is in addition to your Cruise fare, port fees and taxes already paid, and in addition to any cash tips you may want to give your waiter, room steward, etc

Edited by drsel

drsel, the prices I have compared are the listed prices in the category I booked. I naturally have budgeted the service charge, excursions, wifi, spa-treatments, bottled water for the cabin and laundry separate. This will be my first World cruise, the longest trip we made was around South America, I think 30 days and as far as I know there has been entertainment every night, so not sure why that should be different on the World Cruise. Personally I like a good Comic but otherwise am not so interested in Nightlife, enjoy more having a long day. The minimum prices you will find on the websites, also for single if you search for 1 person.

51 minutes ago, BVILady said:

drsel, the prices I have compared are the listed prices in the category I booked. I naturally have budgeted the service charge, excursions, wifi, spa-treatments, bottled water for the cabin and laundry separate. This will be my first World cruise, the longest trip we made was around South America, I think 30 days and as far as I know there has been entertainment every night, so not sure why that should be different on the World Cruise. Personally I like a good Comic but otherwise am not so interested in Nightlife, enjoy more having a long day. The minimum prices you will find on the websites, also for single if you search for 1 person.

On a 29 night Costa neo Riviera Cruise,  there were no shows for the first eleven nights and four production shows in the next eleven nights, along with some Italian singers and guest artists.

these four shows were repeated in the last seven nights

On a 14 night Costa Victoria Cruise there was only one show in the first seven nights and three in the next seven nights. Along with some Italian singers and 1 acrobat.

A guest comedian  forced a few members of the audience to come on stage and do silly things so that everyone could laugh at them.

The crew had a talent show and there was a singing competition for passengers, which was repeated in the second week.

So I am wondering how they will provide different shows and entertainment for 127  nights

Edited by drsel

19 hours ago, drsel said:

1 hour ago, drsel said:

what is the minimum starting price for the 127 night world Cruise?

As BVILady has kindly replied you need to compare the prices with the different websites yourself.

2 hours ago, gerryuk said:

Has anybody managed to contact Costa by phone?, i have been trying for days, with no luck. The option for them to call you on their UK site has also disappeared. I emailed them a couple of days ago, but no reply.

Well just one hour after posting this, Costa have just emailed me and changed my booking that i requested. There are obviously some people around.

1 hour ago, gerryuk said:

Well just one hour after posting this, Costa have just emailed me and changed my booking that i requested. There are obviously some people around.

looks like they are carefully monitoring every thread on the Costa forum of cruise critic.

we have to be extremely careful what we post

Edited by drsel

On 2/21/2021 at 8:39 PM, maryann2 said:

As BVILady has kindly replied you need to compare the prices with the different websites yourself

Hi Maryann, nice to see your post after a long time.

I was only trying to help BVI lady get the best price for her cruise.

I did compare the prices of The Cruise that I am interested in and I found huge differences in price on the different country websites

Edited by drsel

1 hour ago, gerryuk said:

Glad to hear that Gerry.

27 minutes ago, drsel said:

Hi Maryann, nice to see your post after a long time.

I was only trying to help BVI lady get the best price for her cruise.

I did compare the prices of The Cruise that I am interested in and I found huge differences in price on the different country websites

Yes you are right , there are huge differences.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update from me on the rebooking of our April cancelled cruise and website experience.  There's always plenty of messages about poor customer care here, so thought I'd share our recent positive experience.

I rebooked with our deposit voucher, a cruise for me and my son in Oct on  the Luminosa.  Nice itinerary going from Trieste to Greece - 7 days.  It was pretty reasonable - inside cabin for 2 was £740 total.

This week I noticed that it was on a special and Costa via email rebooked me for the new price, no problems.  So now we have a similar cabin but is £520 including the drinks package!  Think that is probably my cheapest cruise ever.   ( Just needs to happen now).

Sadly, their website still isn't fully functioning - specifically the My Costa area.  I have a confirmed email with attachments but on My Costa the only way I can see reference to the booking is on my profile page, if I click on the Customise it just goes to the 500 Work in progress error.  Hopefully this will get sorted soon. 

18 hours ago, dritan said:

It was pretty reasonable - inside cabin for 2 was £740 total.
This week I noticed that it was on a special and Costa via email rebooked me for the new price, no problems.  So now we have a similar cabin but is £520 including the drinks package!  Think that is probably my cheapest cruise ever.   ( Just needs to happen now).

this is indeed good news.

my 7 night Costa Diadema cruise price is the same, but a 7 night Costa Pacifica is available at a lower price, same departure port, similar date and slightly different itinerary.

but I don't think I should change, because costa Diadema is supposed to be their best ship, so I would like to experience the best of Costa

Edited by drsel