Costa internet site

gerryuk

I got an email this afternoon with changes to my Costa Luminosa itinerary for Oct.  Split and Santorini exchanged for Piraeus and Katakolon.

And got a pleasant surprise when I did my usual check on the website and found that I could get on.  As you say, Gerry, no excursions but good to see the other parts all functioning.    Thought I would be coming on here to share the good news but you both got here before me 😄

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gerryuk said:

Not allowing bookings on excursions, yet. Port calls will no doubt change before you board.

Yes, it is disappointing and you are correct ports will change. But there is light at the end of the tunnel now, even I am still worried that the cruise in January will be cancelled.

12 hours ago, BVILady said:

Yes, it is disappointing and you are correct ports will change. But there is light at the end of the tunnel now, even I am still worried that the cruise in January will be cancelled.

by Jan 2022, many ports around the world will still be closed.

So if Costa doesn't cancel, then you will be on a world cruise with too many sea days!

I wonder if Costa will have a show every night.

And what variety of entertainment they can provide for so many sea days.

Edited by drsel

As it looks other cruise companies like HAL and Princess have similar itineraries like Costa and Costa's website it still under construction but the others do already have excursions up. As worrying the Covid Situation is, a lot of people including me will stay positive. 8 month is a long time. And no matter what entertainment is offered on a cruise, it is not Broadway anyhow 🙂 🙂 🙂 so I am not concerned about it. Maybe I start exercising more lol, bring some educational kindle-books besides my usual one's. Lot's of options.

Booked this cruise a couple of months ago and received this conformation email this morning with boarding requirements. Seems you now need covid insurance.

BOOKING: 
USEFUL INFORMATION FOR YOUR CRUISE

Dear Gerry,

Thank you for choosing a Costa cruise.
72 hours before departure you will need to access the web check-in where we will ask you to confirm all the guests details. You are reminded that the web check-in is essential for accessing your travel documents and that it needs to be done for all passengers.
Booking: ---------
Boarding: 24/09/2021
Ship: Costa Diadema
Disembarkation: 08/10/2021
To ensure the safest interactions amongst guests and crew, we devised outstanding technical and digital solutions ashore and aboard:

WEB CHECK-IN
Every passenger must do the web check-in to avoid crowds and to limit interactions with the crew inside the boarding terminal.

TESTING AT EMBARKATION
All passengers from the age of 6 will be required to undergo an antigen test (nasopharyngeal swab), at Costa’s expense.

SELF-CERTIFICATION FOR EVERYONE
Before boarding, we will require all our passengers to complete a self-certification of your health status.

MEDICAL STATEMENTS
Passengers boarding our ships will be subject to the following requirements and will need to show that they do not have the following conditions:
• not suffer from severe respiratory insufficiency
• not require oxygen or mechanical ventilatory support

AREAS AT RISK
If you live or have been in close contact (a distance of less than 2 metres for more than 15 minutes) with people in one of the risk areas in the last 14 days, you will have to undergo the molecular RT-PCR test on the day of your departure (nasopharyngeal swab) before boarding. The wait for the result is about 4 hours. To view the list of hotspots (first page) or the countries from which boarding is not permitted (second page), click here.

COVID INSURANCE
We remind you that if you do not have an insurance policy that covers the risks associated with Covid during the cruise (such as: medical expenses, room and board expenses for extended stay ashore for quarantine, return home costs if you fall ill abroad, even with protected vehicles for people who have tested positive, reimbursement of the portion of the booking for cruise interruption), you will have to pay for the expenses. If you do not have this insurance policy, you can purchase it (*) through Costa Cruises by calling the Contact Centre or by contacting your Travel Agent; alternatively, if you prefer, you can buy a policy that covers the same risks from an insurance carrier of your choice.

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You can find the general terms and conditions at the following link.
Discover MyCosta

You can now get on to the excursions page on MyCosta. I thought that they were doing deals on packages of excursions? As you can not leave the ship unless its with a Costa excursion, all the excursions on my cruise are being sold individually.  

The package is available on my September booking but not my October one. Suspect in process atm. Also not all excursions are on there yet some ports have none as yet. 

App also back up and working (well for now )

Edited by latin princess

2 hours ago, gerryuk said:

You can now get on to the excursions page on MyCosta. I thought that they were doing deals on packages of excursions? As you can not leave the ship unless its with a Costa excursion, all the excursions on my cruise are being sold individually.  

Won't a general travel insurance which covers hospitalization, also cover Covid treatment and quarantine in a hospital on land?

What about vaccination ?

Are all required to be fully vaccinated or do an RT PCR test on the morning of the Cruise?

Either or both?

Edited by drsel

8 hours ago, gerryuk said:

Booked this cruise a couple of months ago and received this conformation email this morning with boarding requirements. Seems you now need covid insurance.

BOOKING: 
USEFUL INFORMATION FOR YOUR CRUISE

Dear Gerry,

Thank you for choosing a Costa cruise.
72 hours before departure you will need to access the web check-in where we will ask you to confirm all the guests details. You are reminded that the web check-in is essential for accessing your travel documents and that it needs to be done for all passengers.
Booking: ---------
Boarding: 24/09/2021
Ship: Costa Diadema
Disembarkation: 08/10/2021
To ensure the safest interactions amongst guests and crew, we devised outstanding technical and digital solutions ashore and aboard:

WEB CHECK-IN
Every passenger must do the web check-in to avoid crowds and to limit interactions with the crew inside the boarding terminal.

TESTING AT EMBARKATION
All passengers from the age of 6 will be required to undergo an antigen test (nasopharyngeal swab), at Costa’s expense.

SELF-CERTIFICATION FOR EVERYONE
Before boarding, we will require all our passengers to complete a self-certification of your health status.

MEDICAL STATEMENTS
Passengers boarding our ships will be subject to the following requirements and will need to show that they do not have the following conditions:
• not suffer from severe respiratory insufficiency
• not require oxygen or mechanical ventilatory support

AREAS AT RISK
If you live or have been in close contact (a distance of less than 2 metres for more than 15 minutes) with people in one of the risk areas in the last 14 days, you will have to undergo the molecular RT-PCR test on the day of your departure (nasopharyngeal swab) before boarding. The wait for the result is about 4 hours. To view the list of hotspots (first page) or the countries from which boarding is not permitted (second page), click here.

COVID INSURANCE
We remind you that if you do not have an insurance policy that covers the risks associated with Covid during the cruise (such as: medical expenses, room and board expenses for extended stay ashore for quarantine, return home costs if you fall ill abroad, even with protected vehicles for people who have tested positive, reimbursement of the portion of the booking for cruise interruption), you will have to pay for the expenses. If you do not have this insurance policy, you can purchase it (*) through Costa Cruises by calling the Contact Centre or by contacting your Travel Agent; alternatively, if you prefer, you can buy a policy that covers the same risks from an insurance carrier of your choice.

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You can find the general terms and conditions at the following link.
Discover MyCosta

GerryUK - I read that differently - that it was up to you to sort out your insurance, but they offer one.  And if you don't have insurance then you pay the full expenses incurred. 

Also it took a few days for the Passportour offer to show up on My Costa and suspect more excursions will follow.

21 minutes ago, BVILady said:

and at "Area's at risk" click here - download and it will tell you that you are not allowed to cruise (Page 2) coming from the UK

Although from the UK, i am resident of Spain. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dritan said:

GerryUK - I read that differently - that it was up to you to sort out your insurance, but they offer one.  And if you don't have insurance then you pay the full expenses incurred. 

Also it took a few days for the Passportour to show up on My Costa and suspect more excursions will follow.

Yes you are right, insurance is not mandatory BA optional.
What is a Passportour?

Edited by drsel

On 4/30/2021 at 4:30 PM, drsel said:

Yes you are right, insurance is not mandatory BA optional.
What is a Passportour?

It's the name given to the offer of 5 excursions for 99 euros - although it shows as 159 euros on the website. 

image.thumb.png.5a608d68a18d31a25148e8a4ac537fc2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dritan said:

It's the name given to the offer of 5 excursions for 99 euros - although it shows as 159 euros on the website. 

image.thumb.png.5a608d68a18d31a25148e8a4ac537fc2.png

Thanks dritan, 99 euros for 5 is a steal

On mycosta, for my cruise in december 2021 I cannot see the Passepartour package. Maybe because there are many months until the cruise?

Dritan when will be the cruise for which you could activate the Passepartour package?

On 5/1/2021 at 8:58 PM, bcs said:

On mycosta, for my cruise in december 2021 I cannot see the Passepartour package. Maybe because there are many months until the cruise?

Dritan when will be the cruise for which you could activate the Passepartour package?

Hi

My cruise is 17th October.  It appeared just a few days ago, if that helps.  But odd that it originally said 159 euros per adult but a further discount to 99 euros for Club members, but that last part has disappeared.

When it appears ( the 159 euros) you can click a button to activate package and it can be reserved on your My Costa.  Although not all the excursions are showing yet ( as there is nothing for a few ports), the ones included in the deal are marked and can be reserved online as part of the package. Will keep an eye out to see if the original deal is mentioned.

If anyone wants more info there is a LIVE thread  here from the Smeralda from last year which has screen shots etc. 

The passportour packages include mainly to and fro transfers or short half day panoramic tours.

I don't think any full day guided sightseeing tours are included in this package

• 3 weeks later...

Cruise Companies like Royal Caribbean issuing letter's now that passengers have to be fully vaccinated to sail. Royal Caribbean currently is age 16 and over and will change by August to 12 and over since children over 12 can now be vaccinated. Children age 2 and up to vaccination age will need tests. Have not found anything like that on Costa yet, if it is there can somebody please provide a link. Thanks.

It's a good question as I was looking on the site yesterday.  From reading through the 10 steps to a safe cruise and the video, it appears that you just stroll up to the terminal, get a test there and go on board.  Unlike MSC, no need to show vaccination record or negative test ( if you aren't vaccinated).  These are the requirements for my upcoming MSC cruises as I'm going to be travelling with kids so will have to take a test when out in Italy just before we board.  Then the UK govt wants a test done before we leave Italy and on day 2 of return - whether you are vaccinated or not!

1 hour ago, dritan said:

It's a good question as I was looking on the site yesterday.  From reading through the 10 steps to a safe cruise and the video, it appears that you just stroll up to the terminal, get a test there and go on board.  Unlike MSC, no need to show vaccination record or negative test ( if you aren't vaccinated).  These are the requirements for my upcoming MSC cruises as I'm going to be travelling with kids so will have to take a test when out in Italy just before we board.  Then the UK govt wants a test done before we leave Italy and on day 2 of return - whether you are vaccinated or not!

I think you also need an insurance which specifically covers Covid treatment, hospitalization, etc.

Can U get a general travel insurance which SPECIFICALLY  includes Covid related claims /treatment or do you need a cruise specific travel insurance which also includes Covid related claims/treatment?

I think that only the cruise line can sell you this specific insurance

29 minutes ago, drsel said:

I think that only the cruise line can sell you this specific insurance

Most companies who deal with cruise insurance, whether it's for a single trip or it's for multi-destination annual cover, will include Cov -19 as standard. The level of covid cover will vary from insurer to insurer. Best to study the small print :-

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/travel-insurance/cruise/

• 3 weeks later...

So another oddity with the updated website.  Wonder if it's just me or the UK site.  

If I go to do a mock booking, even if I select a Basic package, when it goes to the final payment screen, the price is getting bumped up by several hundred pounds.  Is this a glitch?  Basically a two person cruise goes from approx £1600 all the way through to £2000 at the end?