Costa internet site

gerryuk

I book through Costa UK, though i have to pay more due to the exchange rate, Today if i buy a cruise at  £1,500 on the UK site, i will actually be paying €1,750 in euros as i live in Spain. You have to take the exchange rate into account if you purchase a cruise with Costa from a site outside your country. 

I was referring to the the lowest priced websites after considering the exchange rate.

In the case of USA, Austria and Germany you have to also consider that their prices include the mandatory service charges of 10 euros per person per night.

Taking the exchange rate and the mandatory service charges (whether included or not) into consideration,  I find that Costa UK, Costa Netherlands or Costa Austria have the lowest prices.

So you can compare prices among these 3 for the best deal.

Also very significant is the fact that cruises sailing this year are much lower priced than cruises one year away.

And as the sailing date approaches,  the prices will keep falling

so it is better to wait and book Costa Cruises 4 to 6 weeks prior to sailing, unless you are very fussy and want only 1 particular cabin or 1 particular itinerary or 1 particular Cruise ship.

Note that prices may not fall on world Cruises.

Edited by drsel

drsel when I started to look into booking the cruise costacruises.de and Costacruises.eu had the best price, with eu having the price less the Euro 10.00 per day service-charge. I had put a hold on the cabins at eu and then the price went up. When I checked uk it was already a higher price. So you need to also catch it at the right time. So in my case more then 1 year in advance.

Did you check Costa Netherlands and Austria.?

This may not work for World Cruises, but for regular Cruises they usually have last-minute price drops 4 to 6 weeks prior to sailing.

It is very rare for the price to go up, it's usually the same for many months on end

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, gerryuk said:

On board credit, can you use it to purchase excursions on board? 

Lorraine is right of course, but you can also book excursions and other services in advance at home and pay with your OBC. Costa charges everything booked in advance only onboard, when you are actually using the service. OBC will always be used before your CC is charged, only that you can’t pay the service charge with OBC, if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kremerlorraine said:

Yes, absolutely.

20 hours ago, Stefan_Varong said:

Lorraine is right of course, but you can also book excursions and other services in advance at home and pay with your OBC. Costa charges everything booked in advance only onboard, when you are actually using the service. OBC will always be used before your CC is charged, only that you can’t pay the service charge with OBC, if I remember correctly.

Thanks all, i will purchise via internet, as i think it costs more to buy on the ship.

47 minutes ago, gerryuk said:

Thanks all, i will purchise via internet, as i think it costs more to buy on the ship.

I always pre book excursions especially as the English speaking ones can be sold out on board.  Good that they don't have to be pre - paid on Costa as other lines do.

51 minutes ago, gerryuk said:

Generally there are no price differences between booking online and on board. But if prices are raised across the entire fleet early bookings let you get the original price. I had this with a drinking package once and I already upgraded the package for my 2023 cruise. In case of limited capacities booking excursions as soon as possible is not a bad idea. In many destinations this is no problem, but in others it might happen. Things might be very different at this moment, because Costa right now only allows line sponsored excursions.

2 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

I always pre book excursions especially as the English speaking ones can be sold out on board.  Good that they don't have to be pre - paid on Costa as other lines do.

Hello Maryann, you was a few seconds faster! How are you?

1 minute ago, Stefan_Varong said:

Hello Maryann, you was a few seconds faster! How are you?

Hello Stefan. Have many fond memories of sailing with you on the Favuloso and Fortuna..

I miss being at sea so much as we all seem to do.

I have 2 Costa cruises booked  Diadema Dec 1st Barcelona to Guadeloupe.  Not sure if it will sail as Guadeloupe is not doing well with Covid and their reluctance for vaccinations.

Also booked on the Firenze from Dubai to Marseilles March 18th 2022. Transferred that booking from Dubai March 2020.

Our sailing on the Fortuna was my last one. Way too long ago! I planned just a short break in the Mediterranean last year, but after three cancellations it might happen in October. I decided to stop with working full time at the end of this year and I really hope to go around the world with the Deliziosa next year. I hope your voyages will happen as well!