Has Anyone Booked for 2021?

Beckett

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone.

Now, I know most people will think I'm bonkers but I really needed something to look forward to so..........I've just booked for a 7-day British Isles cruise in late June 21 on Queen Elizabeth.

Working for the NHS isn't much fun at the moment and I felt the need to have something in reserve to brighten up some dark days.

It probably won't even sail but for now my little bit of sunlight is assured.

Does anyone else feel the same or has anyone else been as reckless (or stupid) as me?

Best wishes all.

Jane 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone.

Now, I know most people will think I'm bonkers but I really needed something to look forward to so..........I've just booked for a 7-day British Isles cruise in late June 21 on Queen Elizabeth.

Working for the NHS isn't much fun at the moment and I felt the need to have something in reserve to brighten up some dark days.

It probably won't even sail but for now my little bit of sunlight is assured.

Does anyone else feel the same or has anyone else been as reckless (or stupid) as me?

Best wishes all.

Jane 

Many are like yourself.

As an aside, did you claim your NHS Cunard Discount?
If not, go back to Ch add and have your booking corrected 

I also had a QE in May cancelled Hattie and I'm under no illusion that this one won't be cancelled too but until it happens I've got a little spark of hope. I was warned by Cunard that one can only leave the ship on a conducted tour but I don't mind that.

Port Royal, I did ask for my NHS discount, and got it, but thanks for the reminder. It's a nice gesture to get that bit of discount and and I appreciate it.

Have a good day.

Best wishes.

Jane

• Like 1

Had Mays QE cancelled -  which now becomes about the 6th cancellation..Have my eye on several QV Nordics and others but I think my new policy is now going to be wait until we know a little more and then get on the first ship - I dont care where its going 🙂

I keep thinking - "But its 6 mths away" - but then again I have been thinking that since last March.

Edited by ighten

I have booked on QV in September which is the last trip booked before Covid so hopefully that one will not be cancelled.  Three already have (Aug 20, Dec 20 and May 21).  I am in two minds about booking a replacement for May 21, but I am not confident it would happen. 

I think I will wait and see how the vaccine roll out goes and then decide.

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I also had a QE in May cancelled Hattie and I'm under no illusion that this one won't be cancelled too but until it happens I've got a little spark of hope. I was warned by Cunard that one can only leave the ship on a conducted tour but I don't mind that.

Port Royal, I did ask for my NHS discount, and got it, but thanks for the reminder. It's a nice gesture to get that bit of discount and and I appreciate it.

Have a good day.

Best wishes.

Jane

Another reminder:

Don’t forget to purchase some FCDs when on the QE, for future use as/when required.

Yes we have a transatlantic 14 days booked in June not confident it will sail, then 4july and 18 July on QE hopefully could be sailing and then Dec 1st on two back to backs should definitely be sailing by then fingers and toes crossed really missing our cruises and should have been on one now.

No doubt we'll learn a bit more soon but I'm glad some of us are mad enough to feel optimistic - or should that be unrealistic!

I feel like ighten in that I don't care where it goes. Fingers and anything else that moves crossed.

Best wishes

Jane

• Like 2

I'm worried about  our April 2022 never mind 2021, do not have high hopes for 2021

From a UK point of view , by April or hopefully by end March we will have vaccinated all the most vulnerable people who account for 95 to 99% of deaths and hospitalisation .  Hospital admissions will have plummeted. All very good news.  There will be justifiable pressure to relax restrictions. However we will not have reached herd immunity,  so with increased mixing cases will explode, but with a 1/100th to 1/1000th of the current death rate it will be relatively harmless, much less than ordinary flu.

However Europe will not be in so good a state, they only have the Pfizer vaccine,  and only ordered enough for 25% of population,  they not started to evaluate  the Oxford AZ, as they had pinned hopes on French Sanofi vaccine now not due till second half 2022. With their vaccination only half way through will they look at the high case rate in the UK and say no thank you.

Think cruises will have to switch to round UK cruises.

No, and won't book until shared dining tables can return.  I was to be embarking on an EB TA tomorrow and to sail on the QE for Alaska in August but both were cancelled.  For me cancellation was a good thing because I would otherwise be financially committed to sailing under restrictions that are unacceptable to me.

• Like 1

We had a 9-day Baltic trip on QV originally scheduled for June 2020 (cancelled), which we rescheduled for June 2021 at the time of cancellation, not knowing if it would be possible. Given the length of the cruise and the timing shortly after QV is currently scheduled to start sailing again, I have little expectation that it will occur. Even if the ship sails as planned, the existing passenger limitations would make it an undesirable experience.

Yes, on QM2 in September.   My optimism waxes and wanes daily.

However, aside from that and working for the NHS, I'm a local port guide on board and on shore in my local port, and I really can't wait until the cruise ships to return as I've missed this more than being an actual passenger.

Booked oct 20 12 day Norway northern lights and Nov 1 Canary Islands. Just booked business airfare from sfo to LHR on united using miles and got two saver awards on a direct flight. 

looking to add a three days after the cruise to somewhere in England I have not been. Been to Winchester and the Isle of wight. Any suggestions? Would be nov 15,16 and 17. Flight leaves at 1:45 pm on the 18 th from LHR. 

2 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Booked oct 20 12 day Norway northern lights and Nov 1 Canary Islands. Just booked business airfare from sfo to LHR on united using miles and got two saver awards on a direct flight. 

looking to add a three days after the cruise to somewhere in England I have not been. Been to Winchester and the Isle of wight. Any suggestions? Would be nov 15,16 and 17. Flight leaves at 1:45 pm on the 18 th from LHR. 

Mary Rose Exhibition - Be prepared to be blown away......Wonderful