Has Anyone Booked for 2021?

Beckett

20 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Just looking at USA vaccination programme,  they say they are on track to vaccinate most Americans by summer.  If that is right then  TAs may be back on before Mediterranean cruises. 

Current estimate is at  the current rate of vaccination it will be 10 years! 

• Like 2

I still have my 22 July Westbound T/A from Hamburg. I hope by the end of March when it is time to pay the final payment we will have enough clarity on the pandemic situation. My Dr. advised me I am on a list for the vaccine and need not call him further, but didn't say where on the list. I guess I have to be patient.  They are expecting more vaccine next week and they have already vaccinated or scheduled 2,500 of their patients, and all of their staff. I am in the right age group 76, but otherwise completely healthy. So it's a matter of time.

10 hours ago, schattenfell71 said:

We have booked the Norway cruise (M122) from Hamburg 15.07. until 22.07.2021.

Keep fingers crossed....this will be my 50th anniversary cruise.

🛳️

I do wish you luck and will keep fingers crossed. When QM2 returns to Hamburg, she will be my ride to NYC on the 22nd July.

We have a TA booked for September 2021 (booked before COVID 🤦‍♀️). We were planning to fly out early and spend ~5 days in New York then sail back. Will we get to go 🤷‍♀️, hoping to but am realistic on our prospects!

13 hours ago, fabnfortysomething said:

our July QM2 transatlantic was of course cancelled

there is supposed to be  FCC in my account for deposit paid but cant see it in my account

plan to ring tomorrow to find out where it is and apply to July Transatlantic 2022

Hi same here our April transatlantic was cancelled and no sign of it in our account as a FCC now waiting to hear about our 16June 14 day transatlantic will go ahead all we know is that it’s on hold.

8 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi same here our April transatlantic was cancelled and no sign of it in our account as a FCC now waiting to hear about our 16June 14 day transatlantic will go ahead all we know is that it’s on hold.

I rang Cunard today and the rep was able to see it in our account-the amount we had paid as deposit but no extra 25% as was promised.

I have applied i against a july 2022 14 night round trip Transatlantic

• Like 1

Hope springing eternal,....we're booked on a late Aug, rt NY with Norway in the middle of the sandwich. Trying to think positive here....If this is canceled it will be our 4th no go.

Figure if we continue to throw "stuff" at the wall, sooner or later something will stick....All moveable body parts are crossed!

I've just been reading the P&O forum and apparently some people (with cruises in April, May & June) have received an email from them today saying that balance payments can now be delayed until 30 days before their cruise instead of 90 days. So I assume Cunard will be doing the same.

When you made your booking we would have advised you that the full balance for your holiday is due 90 days before departure. However in light of the on-going situation regarding COVID-19 and the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office guidance on cruising, we wanted to reassure you that we will only recommence sailing when it is the right time to do so. We have therefore taken the decision to relax our balance due payments terms on this holiday to 30 days prior to departure, meaning you now have a little more time before you have to pay your final balance.

This is for cruises due to sail on or before 30th June 2021                            

Edited by Ray66
added information
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, turnip eater said:

We’ve just received a similar e-Mail from Cunard relating to our June 27 Queen Victoria cruise.

We received the same - although we are planning to join QV on June 29 (out of Hamburg). It is worth noting, though, that the booking confirmation I received originally had a 120-day period to cancel without losing the deposit, which was still correct according to the new confirmation they sent me with  newly-imposed medical limitations.

I ran into the same issue on the original booking of this cruise (was to have been June 2020). While the final payment date was moved forward, the date at which penalties (i.e., forfeiture of deposit) start to accrue did not change. 

I have note received any update emails from either Cunard or my $UNNAMEND_TRAVEL_AGENT. Currently the final payment date is before the restart of sailing date, so there is no way to judge the impact of covid precautions or vaccination rollout before payment t is due.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:50 AM, ExArkie said:

We received the same - although we are planning to join QV on June 29 (out of Hamburg). It is worth noting, though, that the booking confirmation I received originally had a 120-day period to cancel without losing the deposit, which was still correct according to the new confirmation they sent me with  newly-imposed medical limitations.

I ran into the same issue on the original booking of this cruise (was to have been June 2020). While the final payment date was moved forward, the date at which penalties (i.e., forfeiture of deposit) start to accrue did not change. 

One additional bit of information - I received an updated booking confirmation from Cunard after I posted this yesterday. It had a section that gave this information regarding final payment due now being 30 days prior to sailing. Reading further down the booking confirmation, after it listed our personal information and the amount paid/owed, there was a statement in the fine print that final payment is due by March 1, 2021, which is 120 days prior to sailing.

I'm assuming that this is an example of a stellar IT system not catching the change, but I will be asking for clarification from Cunard.

On 1/4/2021 at 11:52 AM, fabnfortysomething said:

our July QM2 transatlantic was of course cancelled

there is supposed to be  FCC in my account for deposit paid but cant see it in my account

plan to ring tomorrow to find out where it is and apply to July Transatlantic 2022

We are booked (through our TA) on a QM2 crossing in July, also.  We haven't heard anything about a cancellation in July.   What was your date?

I really don’t know what to do. We haven’t been inside anywhere during this pandemic.

we haven’t booked yet, but even though the cons are less that the pros, it really is a (first world) difficult problem!

I don’t think we are keen on not being able to go ashore and explore at our own leisure. So tempted though!

To cruise or not to cruise, that is the question!? 

Yes. I have. September Med trip on QE. Looking increasingly unlikely that we will be able to go, but on the positive side: 

1. Most vulnerable people in the UK and EU should have been vaccinated by then. 

2. It is only a week and all within Europe. 

3. Cases will naturally fall over the summer. 

4. I’m willing to have a COVID test before I travel. 

5. I suspect Spain would like to have some tourists over the summer, even if only from July/August onwards. 

So let’s see. I will start planning a 2022 back-up plan just in case! 

Even if it does go, no doubt there will be some material changes onboard. Will be it the same? Possibly not.