Vista still does micro brewery tour?

cbowls30

hi 

we sailed vista on her first season in the med a few years ago. At the time there was a one off micro brewery tour, first come first served, which we were not quick enough to sign up for on boarding day! well we're sailing on Vista again, this time out of Galveston in November (fingers crossed). Do you they still do the micro brewery tour/experience? 

thanks

36 minutes ago, stellarose said:

oh you just made my day Saint Greg!!! would love a brewery tour.  wonder where and when you sign up for that?

I think above he is saying as soon as you board head up there. It fills up. 

Me too I'm on vista again twice in a row. They raised my price so much my roll call finally quit growing, stuck at 179. I think 1100 now for a 1A lol, they seem to have raised it so high to discourage booking my cruise. I'd do the tour myself. 

1 hour ago, stellarose said:

oh you just made my day Saint Greg!!! would love a brewery tour.  wonder where and when you sign up for that?

I just checked the Vista fun times I have from January. It says Brewery Tour Signups at noon on the first day at the Red Frog Pub and Brewery. If you want the full fun times you can download it here:

https://saintgregtravel.com/fun-times/

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I just checked the Vista fun times I have from January. It says Brewery Tour Signups at noon on the first day at the Red Frog Pub and Brewery. If you want the full fun times you can download it here:

https://saintgregtravel.com/fun-times/

so check on the first day on Mardi Gras? Hopefully we are boarded by noon.

• Thanks 1

With a strong Ixnay on a few specific backstage experiences being included in any passenger tours (most notably bridge and galley) on any line, I would be rather surprised to see the brewery being offered for quite some time.  << that first part comes from some 'think tank' discussions early on in cooties season, which included some government group participation.

3 minutes ago, DGP1111 said:

With a strong Ixnay on a few specific backstage experiences being included in any passenger tours (most notably bridge and galley) on any line, I would be rather surprised to see the brewery being offered for quite some time.  << that first part comes from some 'think tank' discussions early on in cooties season, which included some government group participation.

hoping a year from now is a bit different , but one can hope. 

6 hours ago, DGP1111 said:

Agreed, i don't think there will be many tours offered onboard the ship, so no more Brewery, Galley, or Behind the Fun Tours.  They will want to limit exposure by the crew to essential only(room stewards and waiters)

5 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Agreed, i don't think there will be many tours offered onboard the ship, so no more Brewery, Galley, or Behind the Fun Tours.  They will want to limit exposure by the crew to essential only(room stewards and waiters)

I haven’t been on a brewery tour, but I doubt they go much further than the other guests do. The brewery is just behind a pane of glass in the pub. 

We did the brewery tour on Panorama, and plan on doing it again next time we sail.  DH saw a sign promoting the tour mid-way for the cruise so signed us up for later that day, YMMV.  Also, we were told that an additional tour earlier in the cruise would have allowed us to see different processes.  Normally I don't like beer, but enjoyed all the samples, and DH and I both came home with a nice glass as a souvenir.  IMO the $25 was a good use of money.

Side note...is it possible to have a thread on CC that doesn't degenerate into a "we'll never cruise normally again?"

• Like 2

One thing for sure I bet a lot will have extra obc to spend. $25 will be nothing. I've always wanted to do the twister in cozumel though I see now its paired up with a inclusive beach,  ot just the twister boat.

If cheers is paid for ...people will be in a spending mood, sign up for any tours, check, that over priced excursion, check, steak house, check, lol. $25, cheap. Sign up early as you can is my advise. 

I had my 50th cruise I think where instead of 50% it turns out you get to meet the captain and a great party, or maybe it was at 25, idk, but got the discount as obc. I never have a problem spending obc. 

• Like 1