Refund?

Lyndonn

28 minutes ago, Lyndonn said:

RCI cancelled our cruise, when can I expect a refund of our deposit?

Thank you 

Up to 45 business days.

It can vary depending on whether you booked through a TA or direct or if you are part of a group booking. If the reservation had been previously moved from another ship this could also affect the timing.

bottom line is that there are lots of variables....I don’t even bother to call until it gets to the 45 day mark. 

still waiting on refunds for cruises cancelled by Royal November 2.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Notified of cancellation on December 3. Requested a refund, not FCC. Refund hit my credit card account on December 19 (16 days). There were three refunds - one for the deposit, one for the final balance due, and one for a cruise planner purchase. 

7 hours ago, Lyndonn said:

RCI cancelled our cruise, when can I expect a refund of our deposit?

Thank you 

If you don't have it in two weeks, call.  I didn't, and it turned out that it had "slipped by them". 

The worst that will happen is that they will look it up and tell you that it will take 45 business days. 

The best outcome is that they will say that they don't see it, find it, and then it will take 45 business days. 

If you wait, it will be waiting time PLUS 45 business days.  😡

• Like 2

On Dec. 16 they announced the sale of Empress and we are still waiting for cruise planner refunds.  Called up and they basically said it was all in the hands of the backroom IT guys.

Given previous problems with RCL websites, etc. this does not give me a warm and comfy feeling.

26 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

On Dec. 16 they announced the sale of Empress and we are still waiting for cruise planner refunds.  Called up and they basically said it was all in the hands of the backroom IT guys.

Given previous problems with RCL websites, etc. this does not give me a warm and comfy feeling.

The refunds do eventually come, some just take longer than others. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Still waiting for my port charges credit from our December 6th cancelled cruise which I think was cancelled in November.  Got the FCC quite a while ago.  SAD

I still haven't had time to go over the bill to decipher what the 10 different credit amounts are for, but the math seems to work out that they cover everything. 

1 hour ago, snaefell said:

The 45 days mentioned by Royal has long gone with no refund as yet,TA tell me that RCI are being very slow,no answer to my emails from Royal,good job there is nothing worth spending it on at the moment!

Hi, Snaefell are you in the Isle of Man by any chance? I had two cruises cancelled by Celebrity on 13th January and my refunds were back on my card on 21st! Royal cancelled my April cruise in November and the refund took 4weeks! Hope you get yours back soon.Dianne

25 Jan 2021 cruise cancelled by RCI on 6 Dec 2020.  I canceled all my cruise planner items on 06 Dec, and had refunds within 10 days.  I also canceled by Air2Sea reservation, and had that refund at 6 weeks.  Received my 125% FCC on 19 Jan 2021, along with taxes and tips.  Still waiting on VPP.  Patience is a virtue.

di T,when I bought my first computer many years ago we were hardly ever away from the Isle Of Man so when I had to pick a user name snaefell came readily mind!

Our refund was originally for Anthem's repo in April 2020,after Royal changed the itinerary it didn't suit us & we wanted our money back but ended up paying to transfer it to one of Quantum's sailings from Singapore in March 2021 which they again changed causing us to change to another earlier sailing which they then cancelled,confused?😲

As long as we get it back we aren't too bothered if it takes a while!

18 minutes ago, snaefell said:

di T,when I bought my first computer many years ago we were hardly ever away from the Isle Of Man so when I had to pick a user name snaefell came readily mind!

Our refund was originally for Anthem's repo in April 2020,after Royal changed the itinerary it didn't suit us & we wanted our money back but ended up paying to transfer it to one of Quantum's sailings from Singapore in March 2021 which they again changed causing us to change to another earlier sailing which they then cancelled,confused?😲

As long as we get it back we aren't too bothered if it takes a while!

Just wondered about the user name😂We lookout to sea and the Isle of Man is right in front of us, thought we could wave🖐Hope you don’t have too long to wait for your refund! Funny enough we have a Norwegian fiords on Anthem for this July booked,would be the first time on this class of ship, don’t think it will sail so maybe I’ll be waiting for refunds yet again! Crazy times.