Be Careful Booking.

Further to my booking problem, as yet unresolved, with Princess, I have found out how it has occurred, and am warning people to be careful.

I usually check out a Princess cruise online to find which cabins we want, and what price they wish to charge. Up until this most recent booking for our group, 3 cabins, I have had no problem, the final page I normally look at is as shown in the screen shot below, and I have it in front of me as I make the bookings.

1631967827_Screenshot(6).jpg.ec74636b45cc5d83026290c9f5efde42.jpg

Now normally at this point I would take the price to be $2299.00, get on the phone and make the bookings, and NORMALLY there is no problem. However I have never proceeded to the next page, where in this case the price jumps $150.00 to $2445.00, and this is where the argument started. Apparently the cheaper prices were on another deck and had already been sold. It is my contention, and I am prepared to go to the relevant authority with this matter, that the screen shown above clearly states that the price of the green cabins shown is $2299.00.

• Like 2

If that cruise is under the 3 for Free promotion there have been some issues like that with Premium Balcony cabins. I think they've put the wrong fare on the initial pages but, even so, they should honour it.

29 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Further to my booking problem, as yet unresolved, with Princess, I have found out how it has occurred, and am warning people to be careful.

I usually check out a Princess cruise online to find which cabins we want, and what price they wish to charge. Up until this most recent booking for our group, 3 cabins, I have had no problem, the final page I normally look at is as shown in the screen shot below, and I have it in front of me as I make the bookings.

1631967827_Screenshot(6).jpg.ec74636b45cc5d83026290c9f5efde42.jpg

Now normally at this point I would take the price to be $2299.00, get on the phone and make the bookings, and NORMALLY there is no problem. However I have never proceeded to the next page, where in this case the price jumps $150.00 to $2445.00, and this is where the argument started. Apparently the cheaper prices were on another deck and had already been sold. It is my contention, and I am prepared to go to the relevant authority with this matter, that the screen shown above clearly states that the price of the green cabins shown is $2299.00.

I have had the same thing happen with us. I have contacted the person who changed our original booking to 3 for Free and still having the same cabin. I have sent screen shots of the screen as well and I had a reply which didn;t make sense, so I emailed her again a week ago and she has yet to reply. I know it's only a couple of hundred odd dollars but they should honour what they have advertised, particularly as we haven't had an upgrade of cabin.

Leigh

4 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I have had the same thing happen with us. I have contacted the person who changed our original booking to 3 for Free and still having the same cabin. I have sent screen shots of the screen as well and I had a reply which didn;t make sense, so I emailed her again a week ago and she has yet to reply. I know it's only a couple of hundred odd dollars but they should honour what they have advertised, particularly as we haven't had an upgrade of cabin.

Leigh

I agree Leigh, we are talking a matter of $150.00 per person, so $900.00 for the 3 cabin booking. We are all pensioners and $150.00 equates to 1/5 of a weeks pension. While I don't consider the situation deliberately deceptive, I do consider it extremely misleading.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

I think a way to avoid any risk is to make the booking but then put it on hold.

Double check that everything is as advertised. If not, take all the screen shots needed.

Then ring up Princess and argue the toss. Emailing proof as necessary. Princess may need time to push the claim upwards, but they will normally honour the hold until they get back to you with a yes or no.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Had a phone call about half an hour ago, backed up by revised booking confirmation emails, Princess have honoured the marked price, for all 3 cabins. 

Great news Russell, I am still waiting to hear back. I will ring Friday if I don't hear anything by then.

Leigh

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I must be the only one on here with NO cruises booked. Sad.😪

But the question is will the cruises go ahead this year? The one we have booked is not until the end of November but who knows what will be happening by then. Perhaps we would be better spending the money travelling in our own states.

Leigh

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, possum52 said:

But the question is will the cruises go ahead this year? The one we have booked is not until the end of November but who knows what will be happening by then. Perhaps we would be better spending the money travelling in our own states.

Leigh

Yes Leigh, get in the car and go. Which is what I am doing, done half a dozen mini road trips around NSW since I lost my dearest in May. Costs me 700 or 800 bucks a trip, I stay in good places and eat and drink very well, but who cares. SKI. No cruises happening. Dont want to be the richest man in the cemetry. Not sitting around here waiting to die.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Had a phone call about half an hour ago, backed up by revised booking confirmation emails, Princess have honoured the marked price, for all 3 cabins. 

Good to hear it all worked out for you.

17 hours ago, NSWP said:

I must be the only one on here with NO cruises booked. Sad.😪

Well we have our Eclipse cruise in Mar 2020 booked & hoping on that one. My sister has arranged a 60th birthday 4N cruise on P&O roundtrip from Melb to KI for Dec, but we haven't committed on that as we want to see what cruising is like when it returns.

Anyway, you are cruising the highways & byways of NSW mate, so not so sad eh.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 4:06 PM, Russell21 said:

I had a couple of conversations via email without any resolution, so phoned nearly two weeks ago and  explained about the price shown on the Princess website for the premium balcony cabins and what was charged. I was asked to send my screenshot to the resolution team which I did. Late this afternoon I had an email saying they would charge us the amount shown on the website and received the new booking confirmation shortly afterwards with the amended amount.

Leigh

• Like 2

With NCL's latest announcement - repatriating all non-essential crew on their ships, I doubt there is going to be any cruises until late this year at the earliest and with the Aussie government also stating no international travel this year. I am thinking my next two cruises in October and November (they were booked before Covid hit) will also be cancelled as even if they can go, we will not be able to get to them.

I really doubt our cruise to PNG in late November will go ahead. The number of cases in the rest of the world will have to be brought under control before our government would even consider opening our borders. I wonder even if PNG will allow cruise ships to visit. Perhaps from Australia/NZ, but will it be safe for us to visit? Will their number cases be under control? Are we helping them with providing the vaccine to their people?

Many questions to be answered yet.

Leigh

17 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

I have booked cruises working o the premise that cruises ONLY going to Australian ports will probably/possibly go ahead as things are at present with the borders

Someone who works in the industry said that he believes the first cruises in Australian waters will be in October and probably domestic. I don't think our Pacific Island cruises this year will go ahead.

• Like 1