“Concierge Level Amenities”

We are considering booking our first RSSC cruise (Viking had become our go-to lately) and am confused by something showing on the website.  Each stateroom category includes the statement “Concierge Level Amenities” but my TA says that doesn’t mean the free hotel and transfers...so if that is the case what does it mean?

TIA!

4F54C0C5-2BAF-40BE-BEA3-08D475FD1CA3.thumb.jpeg.b7791e321dabe69b97b529977dc14a2a.jpeg

I have no idea what that means as I've never seen a Regent cruise listing quite like that.

Concierge level comes with a Concierge cabin grade....overnight hotel room, early dining and shore excursion reservations, etc. 

Butler service only comes with penthouses and above.

Go to Regent's website and you can get a better idea of what's included with each cabin grade, size, etc.

8 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

.......... am confused by something showing on the website.

Which website?
For full information on Regent prices & inclusions visit the official Regent website (https://www.rssc.com/

An H grade suite, on any of Regent’s ships, does not include concierge amenities or the services of a butler.

Enjoy your cruise planning 🙂

Edited by flossie009

Clay Clayton

8 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

We are considering booking our first RSSC cruise (Viking had become our go-to lately) and am confused by something showing on the website.  Each stateroom category includes the statement “Concierge Level Amenities” but my TA says that doesn’t mean the free hotel and transfers...so if that is the case what does it mean?

TIA!

4F54C0C5-2BAF-40BE-BEA3-08D475FD1CA3.thumb.jpeg.b7791e321dabe69b97b529977dc14a2a.jpeg

The clue is that there is no entry by Concierge, nor is there by Butler.  That means you don't have those services.

The screen shot was from the RSSC website and I could have sworn I looked at the similar concierge listing but apparently I did not. There is a bullet beside the listing at that level and above and beside butler when that is included. I was hoping they had added it as an incentive post-Covid. 

Thanks for the quick responses. 

011CDB28-C56D-4066-B75B-D8A7861E02F5.jpeg

I think you need a new TA, and to make sure you're looking at RSSC.com, because that's not what their website looks like.

On Regent, the difference between Concierge and lower priced Superior cabins is only the amenities. The cabins are the same.

With Concierge, you get this from the RSSC.com website:

• FREE Valet Laundry Service
  • FREE 1-Night Pre-Cruise Hotel Package Including:
    - FREE Ground Transfers
    - FREE Breakfast
    - FREE Porterage
  • FREE Unlimited WiFi includes up to four logins, four devices, per suite*
  • Luxurious Bath Amenities
  • Interactive Flat-Screen Television and Direct-Dial Satellite Phone
  • Vanity and Hair Dryer
  • Regent Plush Bathrobes and Slippers
  • Personalized In-Suite Mini-Bar Set-Up
  • Priority Online Shore Excursions and Dining Reservations
  • 10% Discount on Premium Wine and Liquor
  • 5% savings on Pre- or Post-Cruise Hotel or Land Programs

• 5% savings on Regent Choice Shore Excursions

Without Concierge amenities, for a Superior, you get this:
  • FREE Valet Laundry Service
  • FREE Unlimited WiFi includes one log-in, one device, per suite*
  • Luxurious Bath Amenities
  • Interactive Flat-Screen Television and Direct-Dial Satellite Phone
  • Vanity and Hair Dryer
  • Regent Plush Bathrobes and Slippers
  • Personalized In-Suite Mini-Bar Set-Up
So your TA is wrong since one of the biggest expenses covered by Concierge level cabins is the overnight stay and transfers pre-cruise. If you plan to take advantage of that, it more than covers the extra cost based on our experience. We also like to have early access to excursions, and dinner reservations.
Having a butler means you would be in a Penthouse cabin, which is going to be significantly bigger, and you will have a butler assigned to you who will help you with anything you ask for or need.

• Like 1

Folks, the screen shots I have posted twice now both come from www.RSSC.com. Here  is a link: . https://www.rssc.com/cruises/SPL230328/summary
as far as I know that is the official cruiseline website so I would appreciate it if you would not continue to question my ability to access a website. Perhaps because I am using an Apple mobile device it looks different than what you see on your device.

Thanks for letting me know that what I thought I was seeing wasn’t a post-Covid promo and I AGAIN apologize for missing the bullet beside the “Concierge Level Amenities” on staterooms that receive them. It wasn’t a deal breaker (in fact we prefer to book our own hotel) but I was trying to confirm what my Travel Agent was telling me...she was right. 

Have a good evening and stay safe after this awful day in the USA.

• Like 1

One more comment, if I may . We don’t find Concierge benefits to be of that much benefit except  for the pre-cruise land accommodations. On some ships (like the Mariner) the suite in the lowest Concierge category itself is identical to an “H”. So other than pre-cruise hotel and transfers, the other Concierge benefits are pretty much “eye wash” to us. Other ships may have significant value of Concierge suite status. For example, I understand category E on the  Navigator is Concierge. Those suites are also vibration free — which is a valuable plus on this ship.

• Like 1

Cat E on the Navigator is not Concierge, you have to move to Cat D for that.  The amenities in a concierge room are an Illy coffee machine stocked with pods, a pair of (fairly average) binoculars, a cashmere blanket which is quite useful for sitting on the balcony and a Regent Tote Bag you are allowed to keep - and is quite handy.  Others have mentioned the discounts, pre night accommodation and transfers.  You need to work out if the extra cost for an identical room in many cases works for you or not.  We have never opted for one, but been in four separate Concierge suites due to upgrades.

😕 This is what I see (as of Jan 07, 2021) I don't see the same format in your shots. When I click the >>  I get the room layout screen. I don't see the gold upward caret. 🤔 Maybe they updated the layout?

image.thumb.png.43f477b4470ca7e9ddc26317d5e0c2a0.png

20 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Folks, the screen shots I have posted twice now both come from www.RSSC.com. Here  is a link: . https://www.rssc.com/cruises/SPL230328/summary
as far as I know that is the official cruiseline website so I would appreciate it if you would not continue to question my ability to access a website. Perhaps because I am using an Apple mobile device it looks different than what you see on your device.

Thanks for letting me know that what I thought I was seeing wasn’t a post-Covid promo and I AGAIN apologize for missing the bullet beside the “Concierge Level Amenities” on staterooms that receive them. It wasn’t a deal breaker (in fact we prefer to book our own hotel) but I was trying to confirm what my Travel Agent was telling me...she was right. 

Have a good evening and stay safe after this awful day in the USA.

Edited by SireDoime
clarifying edit

36 minutes ago, SireDoime said:

😕 This is what I see (as of Jan 07, 2021) I don't see the same format in your shots. When I click the >>  I get the room layout screen. I don't see the gold upward caret. 🤔 Maybe they updated the layout?

image.thumb.png.43f477b4470ca7e9ddc26317d5e0c2a0.png

Look at the mobile version of the website.....not the version from a computer.

• Like 1

OK, I think I see what you're comparing, and although I can't view it in the same way, it looks like you're comparing a Concierge Suite D and a Veranda Suite H on Splendor. The biggest difference in these cabins is the size. The Concierge D is 464 square feet, and the Veranda Suite is 307 square feet. The Concierge D on Splendor is the same size cabin as the Superior Suite F2, so if you don't need the Concierge amenities or early excursion/dining reservations, then book the F2 Suite. It's a big savings for the same cabin. The Veranda Suite H is much smaller, and the Deluxe Veranda G2  is in between in size. On a 12 night cruise, the Veranda might be fine. It's still a decent size cabin.

Since I'm prone to sea sickness, we always pick the lower decks, so we pick Concierge E instead of Concierge D since we don't want a higher deck. For a Superior, we would pick F2 instead of F1 for the same reason. On our 3 Regent cruises (1 Mariner and 2 Voyager) we've always stayed on Deck 8 (deluxe veranda on Mariner, concierge which was the same size as a deluxe veranda on Voyager, and Penthouse on Voyager for a 32 night back to back). We have a Concierge E booked for a 25 night back to back in September 2021 on Splendor on Deck 8. It's not as big as the Penthouse on Voyager, but it looks big enough with a good layout for us so we didn't splurge for a larger cabin.

$17,998
$7,099
Available
307/28
6, 7