Autumn or Christmas Cruise to Amsterdam and Brugge?

Steddiguy

I booked my first ever cruise a couple of weeks ago. Now i'm going mad and looking at a second cruise lol! A short cruise this time to Amsterdam and Brugge. P&O have a cruise in October 2022 on Britannia which overnights in Amsterdam and Cunard have a cruise on QM2  in December 2022, only one day in Amsterdam on that one but it also calls at Le Havre (thought it might be possible to visit Rouen Christmas market from there). Anyone got any opinions or suggestions that can help me make up my mind? (probably not but people can have fun discussing it lol).

Since you live in England, why would you take a cruise that gives you 1 day in Amsterdam and 1 day in Brugge.  Just get on Ryan Air or some other low cost airline, fly over and stay in a hotel for a few days.  Taking any of the cruises that you are thinking about makes no sense.

DON

Since you live in England, why would you take a cruise that gives you 1 day in Amsterdam and 1 day in Brugge.  Just get on Ryan Air or some other low cost airline, fly over and stay in a hotel for a few days.  Taking any of the cruises that you are thinking about makes no sense.

For the experience of a cruise donald combined with sightseeing - makes perfect sense to me!

and we're actually booked on the QM2 cruise now at what i consider a very reasonable price.It will probably cost no more than flights or hotels

• 2 weeks later...

Winters in Suffolk are colder than in Southampton - cross the North Sea and it's colder still.

Plus the winter seas in the North Sea (altho' autumn can be rough too).

I wouldn't even consider any ex-UK cruise in winter - unless you have an aversion to flying, consider economical fly-cruises to the Canaries or Red Sea, or splash out on places like the Caribbean or S E Asia.

One other important thing to bear in mind.

P&O's mini-cruises don't attract the usual cruiser - rather too many folk use them as booze-cruises, stag or hen weekends, etc.

I'm inclined to agree with Donald - Fly to Amsterdam, or fly or Eurostar or road-trip to Brugge (Bruges).

Having said that, we had a long-weekend visiting the Western Front around Ypres, and it was pretty damned cold. 

JB 🙂