2023 Insignia World Cruise

Cruise Wonderland

2023 world cruise on Insignia will be open for bookings on 28th Jan to the public (priority to 2020 / 2021 world cruise cancelled guests on 14th Jan / 21st Jan).

Full voyage is 180 nights roundtrip San Francisco departing on 15th Jan 2023, but additional cruises before or after can further be combined.

Brochure: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/emags/atw_2023/pubData/source/atw_2023.pdf

image.thumb.png.9d1cbcd4c03973853417f6d379418e71.png

image.thumb.png.1f9d2b7d6168b44e20fde0e57a2b9eca.png

Thank you for posting this I have been waiting for this info.  Is it confirmed?

I'm on the 2022 ATW (second ATW for us) but  have been considering pushing my reservation into 2023 to give the world time to settle back into a 'normal'.  

I wonder if that one will sail with the old rules or the new ones.  I don't want to stick to ship only excursions, that idea sounds awful to me.  (just a personal choice) 

Thanks again for the info!

It travels eastward?  Having done three world cruises I can say I would not like that.  Gaining an hour 24 times is bad enough but losing one is worse.  I am sure there have been other WC that travel east but this is the first one I have seen.

• Like 1

ATW16 traveled east and seriously....it wasn't bad losing/gaining an hour. 

I tried to get staff to change the hour during Happy Hour because no one would care whether it was 4pm or 6pm.  We changed time during the night.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

It travels eastward?  Having done three world cruises I can say I would not like that.  Gaining an hour 24 times is bad enough but losing one is worse.  I am sure there have been other WC that travel east but this is the first one I have seen.

1 hour ago, cbb said:

I tried to get staff to change the hour during Happy Hour because no one would care whether it was 4pm or 6pm.  We changed time during the night.

Generally it is better to travel westward. Most cruise ships also prefer to sail westward in their world cruises.

If there are many sea days, probably it is not a big problem to lose an hour for 24 times.

Betsy and I are thinking of booking this, especially if our 53 day Northern Odyssey is cancelled this coming July 30th.....

We would book it San Francisco to San Francisco, having already been thru the Panama Canal several times...don't need two more times, from and to Miami, nor the extension from Miami up to New York, since I have given up my NY apartment...

Palakika-- how are you and Dr Dave doing?

Yes, we are reserving a cabin Jan 14 for ATW23. 

We see it as a repeat of our 2020 which was halted in Rio.

Hopefully we'll get to complete the itinerary!!

On 1/6/2021 at 9:35 AM, cbb said:

Some cruise lines change westbound, back an hour, during the night, usually around 0200; and eastbound, forward an hour,  mid day, around 1300. 

This makes it easier on both passenger's and crew...

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 3:58 PM, bob brown said:

Betsy and I are thinking of booking this, especially if our 53 day Northern Odyssey is cancelled this coming July 30th.....

We would book it San Francisco to San Francisco, having already been thru the Panama Canal several times...don't need two more times, from and to Miami, nor the extension from Miami up to New York, since I have given up my NY apartment...

Bob:

We're also seriously considering booking the 180 day San Francisco to San Francisco itinerary. I wonder how many cabins will be available to the general public when booking opens on 1/28 given that the 2020 and 2021 world cruise passengers will have had priority booking open on 1/14 and 1/21, respectively.

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Bob:

We're also seriously considering booking the 180 day San Francisco to San Francisco itinerary. I wonder how many cabins will be available to the general public when booking opens on 1/28 given that the 2020 and 2021 world cruise passengers will have had priority booking open on 1/14 and 1/21, respectively.

I don’t know, but our TA is handling it for us, so we’ll see...Typically, the top suites and cheapest insides sell out quickly, but outsides and balconies should be available. In light of two ATW’s not going, there may be extra demand.  Wouldn’t it be something if demand was so high, they would use the new ship, although not sure if it would “fit” in all currently scheduled ports...

Edited by bob brown

1 hour ago, bob brown said:

I don’t know, but our TA is handling it for us, so we’ll see...Typically, the top suites and cheapest insides sell out quickly, but outsides and balconies should be available. In light of two ATW’s not going, there may be extra demand.  Wouldn’t it be something if demand was so high, they would use the new ship, although not sure if it would “fit” in all currently scheduled ports...

I have to put our TA to work on it next week.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

What an incredible cruise that would be! I’m a little confused though, how is it a World Cruise when she does not sail to Australia & NZ? It just got me thinking! 🤔🤔🚢🚢

It goes around the World  doesn't it ?

11 hours ago, Busy Mum said:

What an incredible cruise that would be! I’m a little confused though, how is it a World Cruise when she does not sail to Australia & NZ? It just got me thinking! 🤔🤔🚢🚢

And does not sail to Europe as well.

For some years Cunard also advertises QM2 100-day voyage as "world cruise" but it only goes to Africa, Asia and Australia. No ports in the Americas are included but it is still called as "world" cruise.

• Like 1

Since O offers world cruises annually, the itinerary changes every year.  In 2020 the itinerary included both coasts of South American but not Australia and NZ.

2021's itinerary included ports in Egypt, Turkey, and Mediterranean, UK, Iceland, Greenland but not in 2020 or 2022.

In 2022 the itinerary does not include South American but does include Aus and NZ.  2023 itinerary is almost identical to 2020--which we're signing up for since the 2020 was cancelled.

2016 & 2018 had almost identical itineraries.  Because of the lack of repetition of itineraries, many of us sign up for ATW more than once!

• Like 2

A World  cruise   does not need to stop at all Continents

It DOES  circumnavigate  the World

Some lines call then World Voyages   they do not Circumnavigate  the World  maybe only do  certain Continents  ..I mean how can you do a World cruise in 3-4 mths 

43 minutes ago, mjobtx said:

Too many repeat ports for us on this cruise. Of the 96 ports, 75 would be repeats some more than once. There are other places to see in the world and at my age, I don't have time to repeat many.

AWW  what a shame  🙄