April 13, 2021 Northwest Cruise

lesliedrew

Is anyone else booked on the Constellation for the first cruise in the Northwest on April 13 (seven days Seattle to Seattle)?  We are just a week from final payment and I can't decide whether to pay up or not.  I really want to go and am willing put up with mask wearing, distancing, etc. but realistically don't expect the cruise to go.  I hate to pay, have ACL cancel, and then have the wait and uncertainty involved in getting a refund.  

I just spoke with ACL and they said the trip is still on and they were not extending final payment date.  He said that they were currently only concerned about shore excursions.  Apparently they are still working on whether ports will allow shore excursions or passengers off the ship.  They don't want to do a cruise where passengers cannot do excursions.  I didn't ask about vaccines and covid testing.  Before committing I would like to know what their current plans and requirements are for passengers and crew.  

Thoughts, comments???  Have you made your final payment?  Thanks.

Welcome Leslie.   I am also on the same cruise.  My final payment was in December with my travel advisor.   I booked this trip for me and my granddaughter for  April 2020 —- cancelled took voucher option— rebooked for July 2020 cancelled —— rebooked for April 13,2021 and added my son.

I,’m not sure it will go as scheduled.  If not will keep vouchers and add my son and granddaughter to my Maine cruise Sept. 2021.

ACL website lists there current health plans.. Where I’m at in Houston area there are no rapid testing sites available-  still taking a couple of days to get results.  I’m just taking this mess a day at a time.  

I was lucky to get my vaccine this week.  But not confident my son and granddaughter can be vaccinated before cruise.   Wearing masks  and social distancing is easy on American cruise lines all our cabins have balcony.  The only shore excursions I’m really interested in are whale watching and deception pass.  

Just hang in there

On 1/6/2021 at 6:02 PM, lesliedrew said:

We are just a week from final payment and I can't decide whether to pay up or not. 

Thoughts, comments???

I think decision depends on what you are likely to do when/if the cruise is cancelled.

Situation A:  You really like this cruise and its itinerary.  You would be more than willing to attempt it at a later date, even a year later.  Your dates are flexible.  You like the idea that when you eventually do get to take the cruise, you will not have to pay a higher price, and in fact may be able to upgrade at no additional cost.  The fact that you'll  be out that money for an extended time doesn't bother you, because you know you'd not be getting any interest on it anyway.  YOU SHOULD GO AHEAD AND PAY FOR THE CRUISE.

Situation B:  The above is not true for you.  DO NOT PAY FOR THE CRUISE.

I think the odds are very high that April cruises will be canceled.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked  ACL site.   PUGET Sound April 6, has shown that all categories are full. Indicated by wait list.     April 13 this weekend  showed availability for all categories except single and single with balcony.  Today all categories show wait list.    

Same thing happened on the Historic South cruises. My TA confirmed that all of the March cruises were cancelled EXCEPT the March 27th cruise. Earlier cruises now show wait listed in all categories while the March 27th cruise shows available.  My guess any cruise that just changed all cabins to wait listed is probably cancelled.

On 2/1/2021 at 4:15 PM, Izena said:

Just checked  ACL site.   PUGET Sound April 6, has shown that all categories are full. Indicated by wait list.     April 13 this weekend  showed availability for all categories except single and single with balcony.  Today all categories show wait list.    

I am thinking positive.  Perhaps they are moving everything to wait list so they can work out and arrange which cabin are to be used with 75% occupancy ??  I'm also realistic and haven't started packing ...