1-7-21 Thursday Weigh-In---Starting Weight For The Year Today

Belle

I do so much take out at Panera now that they greet me by name. 

Izena, Oregon sounds like quite the character!! As to clothes, we're any purchased recently enough & still have tags on? Macy's used to accept returns up to a year later but I had the opposite problem. 

Diana, stay safe. Heard things will be dicey at state capitals

Belle, I've picked the 1 coffee pot I'm keeping but will buy a pour over cone for my son's house. Now onto the ice cream makers & all that stuff for making cheese. I never used more than a big pot & colander. Besides the goats are gone so I don't have too much milk

You know I was thinking tonight how hard it is for awhile to get back

on track after all the holiday food and sweets. Made me think of this saying...

It's Not What You Eat Between Christmas And New Year's

It's what You Eat Between New Year's and Christmas

Ombud glad you got the coffee down to one. You mention ice cream maker,

made me think I've got one plus other things in the cubboards  in the garage.

Another area to go though. Yikes! Thanks a lot for mentioning it!😄

Yesterday was another Oreo day.  Oreo is a 9 month old pit bull who breaks out of his fence so he can visit.   Yesterday he joined us near the pool.  Jazzper was his usual fierce self - Oreo thinks he’s playing. Walked Oreo home about 1/4 mile.   He  watched his house from across the street. No one home - turned around and he was gone.

nextdoor app drama, concerns he would freeze (yes it does freeze in Houston, we didn’t get any snow).  Owner came by my house- he had been at work same me on ring.   We exchanged numbers for future.   They found and got Oreo home after 2 hrs.  

I hope these good deeds will get me closer to heaven.   I went to parochial school and would lie to the nuns on a regular basis.  

Im really concerned about inauguration.  I think it will be scary. 

I'm going to have a bad day. And its fine. Today I reached the bottom of a shelf that I haven't seen in decades. Took out a stack of school reports and opened 1. They're from 1991. My son died in 1991 and these are his school reports. Apparently he was late turning in the top one. I'm still having a hard time going through his last things so I'm keeping them. Still tearing up & will eat a container of ice cream. 

Edited by Ombud

I spent last week & weekend going through plastic containers full of paperwork.  There was checks from 1973 and later.  I would a local shredding company and it is now gone.  I still have one container with paperwork that I will keep for a few more years and then will start pitching that too.  I did find a few interesting things - old passports (boy, I was young once).  Some "love" notes from DH from 1981 and a birth certificate.  It was interesting looking at memories!

Hope everyone is having a good week ... I've been snacking - don't know what Thursday will bring.  Jan

Belle, I like your saying about eating and the holidays, so true.

Our state lifted the stay-at-home order for our county, BUT, doesn't really change much for us. Restaurants, outdoors only. Won't work for us. Hubby can get a haircut though, yeah.

Gym still closed as they can't operate outdoors. Oh well. Hopefully, in the next few weeks things get better still, infection numbers decrease and more things open. 

Jan, you've done great cleaning out stuff. Hubby and I cleaned out decades of business records of his (things from even long before I knew him) when we moved 3 years ago. I was so happy to get rid of that stuff. Boxes upon boxes of it. We ran out of room in the attic, then filled part of the garage.......

Ombud, so sorry about your son. The pain never gets easier.

Izena, sorry problem with Oreo. Hmmm, hopefully the neighbors will fix their fence. Me too, worried about the inauguration.

Cruisegirl, oops on the gain. Hopefully it goes away soon.

Take care, stay safe,

Diana

Hello All  Sorry didn't write today. Had a trying day.

Some days dealing with people on the phone or computer..........

is to MUCH!

Just didn't feel like talking anymore with anyone or even typing words.

. New Day Now.

Everyone have a good Wed.  and a better day Thursday with what

I hope is a loss for everyone.

Take care

• Like 1

Cruisegirl, sorry for the gain, but yay for the loss! I almost don't want to get on the scale the next morning when I have beer. It's a much bigger swing for me than if I have wine instead. 

Belle, Customer service is terrible at so many places these days.

Diana, sorry your gym is still closed. The news said that CA was getting a little relief, and I hope it all keeps going in the right direction.

Jan, how nice to find some nice memories tucked in with the paper work. 

Ombud, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the ice cream helped a little.

Izena, I'm sure your neighbors are grateful. I know what you mean about the inauguration. Since most of it is going to be virtual, I was hoping to have the kids watch it as a living history lesson next week. I'm not so sure now.  

Hope everyone has good numbers tomorrow!

• Like 1