Your thoughts on Equinox?

phabric

On 1/8/2021 at 9:41 AM, phabric said:

I have been on Reflection and Silhouette and will going on the Apex in 2022.

I know Equinox was revolution in 2019.

What are your thoughts on the Equinox?

I have been on the Equinox several times.  It really needed work prior to the renovations.  After the renovations, the common areas were spruced up.  We have been in Aqua class and the rooms were refreshed.  New mattresses,  bedding, sofa, carpeting, curtains, etc.  The veranda furniture was downsized.  Be aware that not all rooms  on the ship were refreshed. Definitely a good ship to sail on.

On 1/8/2021 at 1:02 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We were in the PH in November 2019 and it was well maintained.  The sofa looked new, or at least reupholstered. It still had the piano and the glass dining table. It was our 1st PH so I have nothing to compare it with.

We are booked in the PH for Oct. 2022--1st time.  How was the balcony? Any tips you can offer to us to enhance our stay?

We have been on 27 Celebrity Cruises over the years.  Five times on the Eclipse and five times on the Equinox.  The Equinox is our favorite ship.  We chose the Eclipse for a few as that ship did the 14 night Southern Caribbean while the Equinox only did 10 nights.  (Equinox now does 12 nights, as the 14 days have been removed from the Southern Caribbean).  And the Eclipse did some nice European sailings out of Southampton and Rome.

We enjoy both ships a lot, but for some reason, maybe just the "feel", we like the Equinox best.  We have been on her two times "post-revolution" and found little noticeable changes.  We stay in Concierge class.  

We also have had several cruises on Reflection, but do not like her as much.  We also like the Silhouette.  

All five "S" class ships are pretty similar, so it just comes down to a "feel".  Subjective, yes, very much, but you cannot go wrong with any "S" class ship.  If you have been on one, it is very easy to navigate your way around on the other four.

The "M" class are just getting a little old, although many love that class.  We have taken several cruises on the Connie, and liked that ship, "back then."  Not so much anymore.

We also cruised on the Edge.  Did not like her at all.  We did not like the layout, having too much scrunched into the Grand Lobby Centrum area, or whatever you want to call it.  We also did not like the "Eden" concept.  And the "Infinite Veranda" idea is awful, in my opinion.  Maybe we do not use the balcony much, but we love opening the balcony door, and standing or sitting by the railing and watching the world go by.  You know you are on a balcony.  With the Infinite Veranda, you know you are still in your room, with the window open.  You do not "feel" you are on a balcony.  

The Club was pretty nice on the Edge.  Really a night-club feel, but for the week we were on the Edge, it was empty most nights.

In conclusion, any "S" class ship is terrific.  They are all good.  We just like the Equinox, and the reason is all subjective, as the layout, activities, food, etc is pretty much the same on all five "S" class ships.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Like others we have sailed on Equinox many times and love her, very disappointed that we are missing our ABC cruise on her this February. We did sail post refurbishment and had an aft corner S1 cabin that was not updated. It did have new towels and the new soaps but still the same carpet, bedding and furniture. I was a little disappointed in that they had not updated those rooms but had updated the Aqua class rooms which looked very nice. Either way it would not stop me from booking the same room on Equinox again, although after having been on the Edge I can’t wait to go on the Apex next year, fingers crossed! 

On 1/8/2021 at 9:41 AM, phabric said:

I have been on Reflection and Silhouette and will going on the Apex in 2022.

I know Equinox was revolution in 2019.

What are your thoughts on the Equinox?

We really enjoyed our last cruise on the Equinox.  My only negative comments are we miss the Lawn Club grill and porch,which is available on the Silhouette and Reflection.  Yes, it did have a mini renovation, but the suite deck was a real disappointment, no water feature or bar set up.  No shade- much too  hot.  Nothing like the Edge or Apex.  Service was excellent, and  overall we enjoyed the ship.  

• Like 1

We got off the Equinox one year ago today—— Our first time in a SS. We thoroughly enjoyed it, although the lack of a water area and bar on the Retreat Deck made it less useful. Here are some pictures: 

2DCF6D17-85CA-4049-9481-385D032A0227.jpeg

4D953906-90C8-4065-9091-B866EFB61A70.jpeg

3323E8EC-CA4B-4CAF-8720-6B4F6BF676B3.jpeg

332B0DC8-0813-44AC-AD80-B2DC0CB64664.jpeg

58C7967B-01CE-448B-8424-EE13B19E4210.jpeg

E49F54C9-716D-4806-8203-2369EFE0D077.jpeg

1FE7F61E-5041-471D-9D23-B91687DA50F4.jpeg

51631BCB-6491-44F4-89A4-8A72C09058B9.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We really enjoyed our last cruise on the Equinox.  My only negative comments are we miss the Lawn Club grill and porch,which is available on the Silhouette and Reflection.

On 1/11/2021 at 1:08 AM, lifeisrealygood said:

The Equinox is our favorite ship.

Equinox would probably be our favorite Celebrity ship also, IF it had the Lawn Club Grill and Porch.  🙂 

1 hour ago, Texed said:

Equinox would probably be our favorite Celebrity ship also, IF it had the Lawn Club Grill and Porch.  🙂 

I agree it needs a Lawn Club Grill, not sure why they didn’t add it when they did the refurbishment.

6 hours ago, Texed said:

Different strokes for different folks as the saying goes.  We really don't like the Lawn Club Grill and Porch at all and are very glad they are not on Equinox.  

12 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We really enjoyed our last cruise on the Equinox.  My only negative comments are we miss the Lawn Club grill and porch,which is available on the Silhouette and Reflection.  Yes, it did have a mini renovation, but the suite deck was a real disappointment, no water feature or bar set up.  No shade- much too  hot.  Nothing like the Edge or Apex.  Service was excellent, and  overall we enjoyed the ship.  

Agreed - we definitely missed those two top deck restaurants when we sailed on the Equinox

On 1/9/2021 at 9:36 PM, peanut head said:

We are booked in the PH for Oct. 2022--1st time.  How was the balcony? Any tips you can offer to us to enhance our stay?

We have cruised in the PH on Eclipse which is the same layout as Equinox. 

The balcony is quite long and thin but will take a couple of sunbeds as well as having a jacuzzi (bathtub) and a table and chairs big enough to dine at. 

The best way way to get the most from your PH experience is to communicate well with your butler. Pre cruise when you receive an email from the shoreside concierge list the spirits, sodas etc you want in your room, state your pillow preference and then add in any extras. For example,  a full fruit bowl or a kettle and tea tray...

Once on board your butler will see you during the afternoon. He will chat with you about your daily routines. He will also give you a card with his number on. Some guests will request things every day (coffee at 9am, afternoon tea at 4pm...). Other guests will not request anything regularly but will just phone the butler as and when. If your butler is not on duty when you phone another will take the call. We used to request an evening snack to be left in the fridge (shrimp platter, cheese plate....). 

If you have any laundry your butler will sort it, dining requests...

Many suite guests are very undemanding and don’t want the butler to knock on every day so unless you ask for something you may not see him. If you have any issues or requests use the phone and he will provide anything you need/want. We have seen reviews where guests have complained they had a ‘poor butler’ as they rarely saw him. It is clear how perceptions like this can come about.

If we ever want something requiring a bit more time from the butler (arranging a sail away party for friends, a special in suite dining experience) we always let the butler know at least a day in advance. He then has time to delegate/organise other tasks. Butlers can find last minute ‘special requests’ harder to organise. 

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

10 hours ago, chemmo said:

The balcony is quite long and thin but will take a couple of sunbeds as well as having a jacuzzi (bathtub) and a table and chairs big enough to dine at. 

The best way way to get the most from your PH experience is to communicate well with your butler. Pre cruise when you receive an email from the shoreside concierge list the spirits, sodas etc you want in your room, state your pillow preference and then add in any extras. For example,  a full fruit bowl or a kettle and tea tray...

Once on board your butler will see you during the afternoon. He will chat with you about your daily routines. He will also give you a card with his number on. Some guests will request things every day (coffee at 9am, afternoon tea at 4pm...). Other guests will not request anything regularly but will just phone the butler as and when. If your butler is not on duty when you phone another will take the call. We used to request an evening snack to be left in the fridge (shrimp platter, cheese plate....). 

Many suite guests are very undemanding and don’t want the butler to knock on every day so unless you ask for something you may not see him. If you have any issues or requests use the phone and he will provide anything you need/want. We have seen reviews where guests have complained they had a ‘poor butler’ as they rarely saw him. It is clear how perceptions like this can come about.

If we ever want something requiring a bit more time from the butler (arranging a sail away party for friends, a special in suite dining experience) we always let the butler know at least a day in advance. He then has time to delegate/organise other tasks. Butlers can find last minute ‘special requests’ harder to organise. 

Thank you, Chemmo!  Your response was on point and very helpful.  It's nice to think of cruising in today's climate--puts a smile on your face!  Stay safe.

59 minutes ago, peanut head said:

Thank you, Chemmo!  Your response was on point and very helpful.  It's nice to think of cruising in today's climate--puts a smile on your face!  Stay safe.

You too...

We are booked in the Silhouette PH in September...at the moment it seems a distant dream.

I did focus on the room and the butler in my reply. Just a couple more comments.

Firstly the concierge....If there are any behind the scene tours you want to do just ask. Best to chat with the concierge at the start of the cruise so he/she can register your interest and has time to organise. There is often a bridge tour for PH and RS guests last sea day followed by lunch with staff in Blu. Tours like the kitchen and stage are usually done in groups of about 20. If you request something a bit different like the laundry or recycling it will most likely be individual.

To us the speciality dining experience is even more special when you have unlimited access. You become a ‘regular’, staff will know your preferences and will sometimes offer to make you off menu items. Steak Diane in Murano’s was fantastic!

31 minutes ago, chemmo said:

You too...

We are booked in the Silhouette PH in September...at the moment it seems a distant dream.

I did focus on the room and the butler in my reply. Just a couple more comments.

Firstly the concierge....If there are any behind the scene tours you want to do just ask. Best to chat with the concierge at the start of the cruise so he/she can register your interest and has time to organise. There is often a bridge tour for PH and RS guests last sea day followed by lunch with staff in Blu. Tours like the kitchen and stage are usually done in groups of about 20. If you request something a bit different like the laundry or recycling it will most likely be individual.

To us the speciality dining experience is even more special when you have unlimited access. You become a ‘regular’, staff will know your preferences and will sometimes offer to make you off menu items. Steak Diane in Murano’s was fantastic!

I wish that you could be the concierge for us;).  We have stayed in RS but never a PH.  No time like the present to start dreaming big!

13 hours ago, peanut head said:

I wish that you could be the concierge for us;).  We have stayed in RS but never a PH.  No time like the present to start dreaming big!

I would happily be your concierge (anything to get back on board!). Come to think of it I wouldn’t mind even being your room attendant!

On 1/26/2021 at 5:15 AM, chemmo said:

On our last Equinox cruise, we were in a Royal Suite.  We aren't at all demanding.  I did however use the laundry service.  I sorted and counted the items myself- did your butler do it for you?  Ours didn't really do much-but we didn't ask for much.

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

On our last Equinox cruise, we were in a Royal Suite.  We aren't at all demanding.  I did however use the laundry service.  I sorted and counted the items myself- did your butler do it for you?  Ours didn't really do much-but we didn't ask for much.

No...we wouldn’t want our butler or expect our butler to do that! What he did do was collect, return and hang up items