Greenland: North Atlantic Odyssey itinerary

ridethetide

My husband and I are considering the Greenland: North Atlantic Odyssey in September 2022. I was looking for some feedback from someone who has done this. It sounds fascinating, but is quite pricey.  I would love to hear from someone who has done this cruise.

We did a cruise that went through the sound and stopped at two villages in Greenland. The villages were very small. The island is much more rugged than Iceland. There were icebergs floating past the dock. 

We had an unusual experience in one town. We decided to circumnavigate the town on foot - probably no more than 1 1/2 miles total. It turned out it was trash day. As we passed each parallel street, we saw the homeowners come out with their bins, they were loaded onto to truck and immediately returned to the homes. That's when we realized the town may have had a polar bear problem! We took the next turn and headed straight back to the ship.

The sound is beautiful, and the island is remote. I'm glad we went, but don't need to see it twice.

• 4 weeks later...

We almost signed up for this for fall 2021 and then remembered the horrible weather we had in the same general area at the same time in 2019. It was, um, barfing in the terlit multiple times, and several missed ports. We took a pass and are now planning Athens to Lisbon via the Canary Islands and Morocco instead. 

1 hour ago, milepig said:

We almost signed up for this for fall 2021 and then remembered the horrible weather we had in the same general area at the same time in 2019. It was, um, barfing in the terlit multiple times, and several missed ports. We took a pass and are now planning Athens to Lisbon via the Canary Islands and Morocco instead. 

That sounds like a great trip.  Please report back on it.