BA Amex ? for ExcitedofHarpenden or anyone else

Werangels

There was a thread last year about the above on here and excitedofharpenden was very helpful about the BA card.  So helpful, I signed up for a premium card and have just earned my first companion voucher!  

I am looking at flights for the end of the year and just checked the terms and conditions and wondered if someone can explain what this means please?  

1. Companion Vouchers can be used for travel on any route in any cabin class as long as the Member has sufficient Avios to complete the booking for their desired journey.

Does this mean I must be able to cover one flight completely with Avios points?  

below are the full terms and conditions.

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/axptandc/execclub/_gf/en_gb

Thanks for your help.

I am sure Phil will be along soon, but yes you must have enough Avios to fully cover the cost  of one flight. Taxes have to be paid in cash. Patience is a virtue....., back in the day when I first got  my card , I took nearly 3 years to collect enough to fly first class with a companion voucher to Los Angeles. Unless you  are mega Avios rich, the best value is to fly as far as you can in the highest cabin class. I have let companion vouchers go over the years , its not a crime! Just wait until you get the best deal available and more importantly at the moment  are able to fly!

• Like 1

As Combine says the flight you take must be purely using Avios. Here's a good guide for their use and hope you can take good advantage. BTW, ThePointsGuy is an excellent resource for anything "airline reward". 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/thepointsguy.co.uk/guide/the-ultimate-guide-to-the-british-airways-companion-voucher/amp/

Phil 

IIRC  BA is waiving this for awhile allowing use of Avios and Cash plus companion.  I don’t remember for how long so would check with them directly.  It was one of the things they were doing because of the pandemic.    It just has to be used on their metal only.