VACCINE AVAILABILITY

mcrcruiser

Lots of appts. available in my part of GA.  I pulled up the health dept website for my county, and it led me to the Coastal Health District, and every site I pulled up for vaccines had lots of appts for March 1,2.  I don't believe it's widely advertised, though.  You don't have to go to the county you live in.  I got my appts through the medical group I use, and they scheduled us for the next county over.  EM

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sandiego1 said:

My inlaws live in Massachusetts. My FIL called last Monday and was able to book an appt for the next day at Gillette Stadium. They had no problems at all.

That is where I am trying to book as well, Gillette is pretty close to us, but I would travel even a couple of hours if I could get an appointment.  Today the website said the wait time to schedule was, "more than a day".  That is to just attempt to book an appointment anywhere!  Yesterday, after waiting in the virtual line for 5 hours the website updated and said all appointments are now full, please tray again later.

41 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

That is where I am trying to book as well, Gillette is pretty close to us, but I would travel even a couple of hours if I could get an appointment.  Today the website said the wait time to schedule was, "more than a day".  That is to just attempt to book an appointment anywhere!  Yesterday, after waiting in the virtual line for 5 hours the website updated and said all appointments are now full, please tray again later.

Don't you just hate that when after your are on hold for a long time (probably being told that your call is important), and then they tell you sorry try again.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Don't you just hate that when after your are on hold for a long time (probably being told that your call is important), and then they tell you sorry try again.

Where I left just went to a lottery system.  Random selection of anyone registered with no consideration of when you registered.  Register today, same chance as someone that registered a month ago. What a joke.

Our state-run registration system here in Virginia has been a failure.  Still not working.

But today some appts opened up at CVS, and Mr Chew & I are scheduled for shot #1 on Monday.  Shot #2 already scheduled four weeks out.   I had started checking the pharmacy (CVS, Walgreens, etc) a few days ago, once or twice a day.  Got lucky today!

46 minutes ago, Lady Chew said:

Our state-run registration system here in Virginia has been a failure.  Still not working.

But today some appts opened up at CVS, and Mr Chew & I are scheduled for shot #1 on Monday.  Shot #2 already scheduled four weeks out.   I had started checking the pharmacy (CVS, Walgreens, etc) a few days ago, once or twice a day.  Got lucky today!

My wife used CVS here. Worked wonderfully.

I will do the same once I am eligible, in about 2 weeks.

• Like 1

In Oklahoma I just became eligible this week, and I was able to find two locations with appointments available within minutes on my first attempt. The catch was that I had to drive seventy-five miles, which I did gladly. The clinic was incredibly busy, but run pretty effectively in a vacant former anchor department store in a mall. Took me two hours to get in and out. there were a lot of people around, and even though people were trying to distance, my suggestion is wearing a KN-95 mask if you have one, or double masking if you don’t.

If you’re willing to drive, be sure to extend the range where you are searching for an appointment if you have that option.

10 hours ago, Lady Chew said:

I’m doing that as well, but here in MA, they all go through the state site, but maybe I’ll get lucky with one of the pharmacy stores.  Could be because it is Saturday.  I will keep trying tomorrow and Monday, etc,etc,etc!

Edited by crusinbanjo

DH and I just received our second shot today.  We are very happy.

Before going I wrote a thank you card out for the nurse who would gives us the vaccine shot.  I gave it to her when done.  She was very happy to receive it.  I did say to extend the thank you to all who work there too.

Edited by geocruiser
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

DH and I just received our second shot today.  We are very happy.

Before going I wrote a thank you card out for the nurse who would gives us the vaccine shot.  I gave it to her when done.  She was very happy to receive it.  I did say to extend the thank you to all who work there too.

What a nice thing to do!!!👍

A thank you card story. Our son was awarded a small scholarship donated by a local philanthropic couple. (This would have been back in 1996.) And I had him write a thank you card including where he was going to school and what he intended to study.

Sometime later my father saw the man from that couple, and told him his grandson had won their scholarship. The man broke into tears and said they had given that scholarship for years, and that was the first thank you note they had ever received.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

What a nice thing to do!!!👍

A thank you card story. Our son was awarded a small scholarship donated by a local philanthropic couple. (This would have been back in 1996.) And I had him write a thank you card including where he was going to school and what he intended to study.

Sometime later my father saw the man from that couple, and told him his grandson had won their scholarship. The man broke into tears and said they had given that scholarship for years, and that was the first thank you note they had ever received.

Nice story - but sad to think how manners and appreciation have slipped in our society.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Nice story - but sad to think how manners and appreciation have slipped in our society.

Mrs Banjo and I have given similar scholarships over the years, normally we ask to remain anonymous. Occasionally we are found out and rarely we receive a TY note. 

1 hour ago, crusinbanjo said:

Mrs Banjo and I have given similar scholarships over the years, normally we ask to remain anonymous. Occasionally we are found out and rarely we receive a TY note. 

But that is understandable.  You wanted to remain anonymous, so perhaps people wanted to honor that.

• Like 1

Reading these pages makes us wonder about  truths in the deliveries of the  vaccines   Some states & some localities are nit having  many problems for people to get vaccinated while there are others where there are many problems . 

Here in the area of San diego county ,we see a area where we could sign up that is 5to 6   miles away with the Pfizer shots  .However ,appointments are quite allusive . 

We are still hoping that sufficient quantities  become more readily available but evem checking CVS web site for the corona Virus .go to CVS.com/coronavirus ,we keep finding  NO availability ,at all at any CVS in the state of California

Now I ask my self how concerned should we be about getting a booster shot this fall to cover the variants that are already in California  ?

I received my first shot yesterday at my Dr's office, they were well organized (its a small practice of about 8 Dr's with over 2500 seniors), I was in and out in about 20 minutes including my 15 minute waiting time. I think they were doing non patients also It looked like they were using 8 exam rooms to  give the shots.

• Like 3

Several weeks ago I scheduled Appointments at MUSC for us (about 1 1/2 hr drive) but couldn't get  them until early April.  Nothing was available closer to home.   I then signed up through Walgreens for "Alerts" when the Vaccine Appointments would be available in our area.  Last Wednesday I received an alert and lucked out and scheduled us at the Walgreens we use close to home.   We had our first Dose on Thursday.  2nd Dose scheduled for March 25th.  Easy-peasy and in and out in about 20 minutes.  

• Like 1

Interesting reading from up in Canada. Americans are frustrated trying to book appointments for the vaccine. We should be so lucky. It will be months yet for us. Canada hopes to have everyone who wants it, to be vaccinated by Oct./Nov.

Finally thinking about booking for the spring of 2022 but still not so sure HA will be sailing by then.

• Like 2

Connecticut uses the federal "VAMS" system from the CDC.....   DAMN if it's not easy and efficient!   Both my wife and I went onto it the day we became eligible (CT is strictly by age) and had out first shots within a day.  (AND, when we got home each time there was already an e-mail from VAMS asking us to schedule shot # 2)   Unfortunately there are WAY too many states playing politics with this whole thing and screwing up the system...  Being literally next door to NY and NJ, we see the results of politicians all trying to get their fingers into the pie.

• Like 1

In my city, I did not have to sign up with our hospital.. As long as your Dr. was affiliated with them, they would call you.  They did call us.  Our first shot was on 2/6 and second one was yesterday 2/27.  You had to be home for the phone call.  They do not call back, if you miss the call, you name goes back in the pool. And at some point you will be call again.

They called us at 7:30 Pm on 2/5.

• Like 1

I received my first Pfizer shot a month ago and am scheduled for my #2 shot at noon on Monday.  My wife was scheduled in a different health care system for 3/19, but she found a pop up clinic last Friday morning and got her first Pfizer shot then and received an appointment for shot #2 in late March.   Here in WA state, it's been a very mixed bag in the ease of getting appointments for shots.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bajakiter said:

Interesting reading from up in Canada. Americans are frustrated trying to book appointments for the vaccine. We should be so lucky. It will be months yet for us. Canada hopes to have everyone who wants it, to be vaccinated by Oct./Nov.

Finally thinking about booking for the spring of 2022 but still not so sure HA will be sailing by then.

My BIL and his wife in Montreal got their first shot last week. BC will announce more details of their roll out tomorrow. Since they are working their way by age groups last they announced, I’m cautiously holding out hope for August, if availability improves. 

8 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Reading these pages makes us wonder about  truths in the deliveries of the  vaccines   Some states & some localities are nit having  many problems for people to get vaccinated while there are others where there are many problems . 

Here in the area of San diego county ,we see a area where we could sign up that is 5to 6   miles away with the Pfizer shots  .However ,appointments are quite allusive . 

We are still hoping that sufficient quantities  become more readily available but evem checking CVS web site for the corona Virus .go to CVS.com/coronavirus ,we keep finding  NO availability ,at all at any CVS in the state of California

Now I ask my self how concerned should we be about getting a booster shot this fall to cover the variants that are already in California  ?

There are HUNDREDS of appointments available at the Del Mar Fairgrounds on 3/1, 3/2, 3/3, and 3/4. You can sign up now. Here's a screen shot of the availability on 3/4 (every 5 minutes).

I work there once or twice/week. I was there last Wed and a friend worked on Tues. They did 1500 vaccines on Tues. On Wed they did about 800. There were long waits on Tues but none on Wed.

image.thumb.png.dc38985aaab2479207771cec7aca07f4.png