Sir Albert Amsterdam

gbits

Does anyone have feedback on this hotel? Is it a good location for touring? We only have 2 days pre-cruise in September (hopefully) so looking to be someplace centrally located with easy access to public transportation. We are Marriott members looking to use points and this hotel is a Design hotel that’s part of the chain. Thanks.

I'm sure others who actually know the hotel will chime in eventually and probably someone from Amsterdam will as well.  The public transportation options will be key hear, I think.

I can say that looking at the hotel location on Google maps, it's a little further out from the tourist points in the city center than most people would probably stay in.  However, it's not in the suburbs by any means.  I am a walker when I visit cities, and I walked from my hotel in the city center tourist area out to the Rijksmuseum and Museumplein comples/park, which is a few blocks away from your hotel.  I suspect many people would have taken a taxi or public transportation for that same walk, but I chose to walk it.  

I'd be willing to bet that if you're willing to use public transport, then this hotel is acceptable if you're getting a good deal and want to use points.  Otherwise, I'd probably try to be closer to the city center.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

I haven’t stayed there, but it’s a pretty good location. You’re about a 10 minute walk to the Rijksmuseum, and closer to the Museumplein. The tram runs near the Rijksmuseum to Centraal. About a half hour. If you’re into museums, you’re in the middle of them. You can catch a canal cruise in the area, and it’s about a half hour walk to the Anne Frank House. 

I’ve stayed at the Marriott nearby, which was a great hotel and location. If points were equal, I’d probably stay there. If not, and if the hotel looks good, I’d be fine there.