Last night on Azamara in Glasgow

ECCruise

Lovely to see the “Crew Big Bingo” tradition continue.  The prizes are mainly funded through their Welfare Fund that guests can contribute to rather than tipping extra to one or two individuals.  It means a lot to the crew seen and unseen and is an example of how that fund really makes a difference. 
There is always a Big Bingo in the New Year.  I remember the excitement on the day of one a couple of years ago.  All the crew were talking about it.  They have a trusted system where those who can’t attend can still get cards and third parties play for them.  There are lots of prizes so good chances of winning. When we were onboard that time as I recall the top prize was $1000. Next day we kept hearing how happy everyone was because the guy who won it worked in the laundry and how he’d now be able to repair his family home after a recent storm. 
Made us realise how much we had to be grateful for.  
By the way passenger bingo on Azamara has always been cash with spot prizes from revenue partners or trinkets.  I have never come across anyone upset by the prizes.  But be aware, it’s not a popular activity on many cruises so is often cancelled due to insufficient numbers. It doesn’t fit so well with Azamaras demographic or destination immersion schedule.  

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, macmax said:

Azamara has passenger Bingo......who knew???.😲

Anyone who has cruised with Azamara and read the daily news sheet "The Insider" (formerly "Pursuits") which lists among other news, all activities planned for each day.

I'm very familiar with The Insider but we've done 2,  quite port intensive cruises and do not recall Bingo being held. My wife would not have missed a session if at all possible.😉

They may have it on our 15nt Caribbean cruise this Xmas.

10 hours ago, macmax said:

I'm very familiar with The Insider but we've done 2,  quite port intensive cruises and do not recall Bingo being held. My wife would not have missed a session if at all possible.😉

They may have it on our 15nt Caribbean cruise this Xmas.

They do them more on cruises with sea days. If you are on a port intensive cruise then they probably didn't do it. 

Phil