The Daily for Monday Jan 11, 2021

richwmn

40 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

ss Nieuw Amsterdam from 1937, the "Darling of the Dutch" - Time to see the movie

Found a clip in which you can clearly see/read "Nieuw Amsterdam" on the double stacker in the beginning. Unable to read the name of the single stacker but it is Rijndam or Maasdam

Thanks John, the clip I had access to was too fuzzy to read the ships name!

I might have to watch the movie again too since I only vaguely remember it.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for sharing your adventures, makes me think back on mine and long to plan for more!

I also enjoy your sharing of everyday activities and dinner plans, lets me know I am not the only one who wonders what to make for dinner...........on those nights in the past we used to go out!

I didn't jump in any puddles today, it was suppose to rain, but did not, gave me a chance to pick up after Holly puppy.  We are sure enjoying having a new pup.  My Grandsons have a littermate puppy that spends the school day here with us.  Two wrestling puppies make for a lot of laughs for us, they are good therapists!

Take care and stay well.

Denise

• Like 5

10 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Today I would like to share a number of pictures of a fantastic tour we had with the Chief Engineer of one of the ships ( think I should not divulge that ) down under in the heart of the ship the place that it makes it all tick .  We were with six of us 5 Electrical and Mechanical engineers and one Civil. 

Everything was incredibly clean but it was quite noisy . An amazing experience .

Wow!  You were able to actually see the big diesels!!!  I'm a retired engineer (aero) and would give anything to be able to see them.  I've been on the regular "Behind the Scenes" tour but we were only in the control room.  That, of course, was FASCINATING itself but there were other engineers on the tour and we really wished that we could see the engines.

• Like 5