The Daily for Tuesday Jan 12, 2021

richwmn

@USN59-79, in which county do you reside?  I'm in Snohomish, as is @Cruising-alongand her DH.  They are estimating that seniors MAY get their first vaccination here later this month or early Feb (well, at least that was the projected timeline a few days ago).  Just curious as to the estimate where you live.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Av8rix said:

@USN59-79, in which county do you reside?  I'm in Snohomish, as is @Cruising-alongand her DH.  They are estimating that seniors MAY get their first vaccination here later this month or early Feb (well, at least that was the projected timeline a few days ago).  Just curious as to the estimate where you live.

I just looked at the Snohomish County vaccination website and now it's saying 1-3 months. 😞  Hoping it's closer to 1 month! 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I just looked at the Snohomish County vaccination website and now it's saying 1-3 months. 😞  Hoping it's closer to 1 month! 

Oh, no!  They say it's about one month between jabs depending upon manufacturer, then possible side effects, then protection doesn't fully develop 'til about one month after second shot.  I'm booked on the ms Rotterdam inaugural on Aug1...travel to port beginning on July 30....so I really hope that there's no further pushback on the dates.  Like early summer or something.  OTOH, I suppose that there's no guarantee at this time if the ship will even sail with pax on that date 😢.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

I am in Kitsap County.  I should be fairly high on the list as I am 81 with a somewhat compromised immune system and a 100% disabled veteran with leukemia (caused by exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam).  LOL, I sound like I should be on the care list.  I have heard nothing from the county, but I did get an email from the VA saying they would be starting soon, but don't call us, we will call you.  I suspect when the Navy Hospital here in Bremerton gets their doses that I may get mine there.

Ray

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

Oh, no!  They say it's about one month between jabs depending upon manufacturer, then possible side effects, then protection doesn't fully develop 'til about one month after second shot.  I'm booked on the ms Rotterdam inaugural on Aug1...travel to port beginning on July 30....so I really hope that there's no further pushback on the dates.  Like early summer or something.  OTOH, I suppose that there's no guarantee at this time if the ship will even sail with pax on that date 😢.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you for both getting the vaccine sooner than later, and that your cruise sails.  We don't have a cruise until late September, so I have a bit more time.

2 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

I am in Kitsap County.  I should be fairly high on the list as I am 81 with a somewhat compromised immune system and a 100% disabled veteran with leukemia (caused by exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam).  LOL, I sound like I should be on the care list.  I have heard nothing from the county, but I did get an email from the VA saying they would be starting soon, but don't call us, we will call you.  I suspect when the Navy Hospital here in Bremerton gets their doses that I may get mine there.

Ray

Good idea to go to the Navy Hospital Ray.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Ray

OK, thanks for your reply and ❤️THANK YOU❤️ for your service!  And I apologize for hijacking this thread to everyone here who doesn't live in Washington state.

• Like 3

I will hijack this once more for Washington state people.  We are in Clark county.  We have filled out a questionnaire that we received from the state asking our age, county, would we take the vaccine (we put YES), email and phone number.  When we googled Washington State Vaccine Schedule, we found we would be in Phase 1B  tier #1 as we are over 70 years of age.  Timeline....not sure maybe February.

Thanks to the rest of you for letting me post this .   Here's hoping we all get our vaccines sooner than later.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good evening, everyone.

I had a great conversation with my pharmacist.  I absolutely adore my in person pharmacists at the pharmacy.  They have saved me so much over the years.   Anyways, he says they will be doing vaccines and just had their freezer upgraded in order to store the vaccine.  He said they aren't keeping a reservation list until they know they are getting some of the vaccine and how much, but told me to check back every couple of days.  I'm feeling optimistic.   

We had a cold, but pleasant hike today in one of the nearby MetroParks.   We couldn't believe we were out hiking on the 12th of January, but there we were.  We don't mind the cold as we can bundle up, as long as it isn't really windy and blowing snow or sleet.  

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

We’ve had 5 people with the UK variant and the first in Canada with the mutation in South Africa.  Not something we are pleased about, but they say our protocols should keep it from spreading! 

As soon as they said it was in the US I assumed it was in Ohio.  I think that is the safest way to operate and I am being more vigilant now until I get the vaccine.  With the light at the end of the tunnel getting brighter, I don't want to blow it now.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I have bad news from my oldest sister who turned 80 last week.  She and two of her sons tested positive over the weekend.  One of the son's girlfriend got it first and exposed them all before any symptoms.  All are doing okay so far but they lost their senses of taste and smell.  In addition to that we are waiting for test results for my MIL in the nursing facility.  Obviously an employee gave it to her since she doesn't get visitors.  Well except for hospice workers and I sure hope they aren't in there visiting the hospice patients and giving them Covid.  If you recall, she is 94 years old.  MIL had a rapid test which showed positive, then a PCR test which I don't have results on yet.  But there's a good chance she has it too.

We went this morning for our Covid vaccine.  Even though we had an appointment it took well over an hour of idling in the car as we inched along.  We go back Feb. 9 for the second shot. We are expecting our arms to be sore tomorrow but are doing fine, no adverse reactions at this point.

So sorry to hear about your family -- I hope they will get through it. I worry a lot about my parents at 94 and 88 years, but so far they have been careful and have avoided infection. 

Good that you were able to get your first dose of vaccine -- I'm still waiting for them to get to my age/risk group.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, richwmn said:

The Tommy’s Margarita (famed house version from the eponymous restaurant on Geary Street in San Francisco), substituting agave nectar for orange liqueur, accomplishes a rare feat: The variation actually moves the drink to a more foundational archetype. It doubles down on the power of agave and has captured the affection of a generation of bartenders who now mix this exciting potion as their go-to recipe every time a guest orders this standard.

Oh Wow!  What a flash from the past.  The last time I went to to Tommy's Joynt in San Francisco was about 1985!  It's a Hofbrau style casual restaurant on the corner of Geary and Van Ness.  I had beer when I went there.

~Nancy

• Like 3