Azamara cancels through April 2021

Mrs Miggins

Just checked my Azamara account to see if it shows that I have successfully "lifted and shifted" my planned April cruises to April 2022.  It shows that I have, and I am extremely pleased about that.  Banner at the top of the page says all cruises cancelled to the end of April.  Not sure when that was announced.

Just now, Mrs Miggins said:

Just checked my Azamara account to see if it shows that I have successfully "lifted and shifted" my planned April cruises to April 2022.  It shows that I have, and I am extremely pleased about that.  Banner at the top of the page says all cruises cancelled to the end of April.  Not sure when that was announced.

I just saw the announcement from Royal Caribbean on FB. My cruise was successfully lifted and shifted to April 2022 as of yesterday. We, too, are thrilled to have beat any rush to lift and shift. 

Very disappointed that our cruise has been cancelled but not really surprised, we’ve received an email this afternoon.
We had a 9 day cruise booked on 1 April 2021 that has now been cancelled, but there are no 9 day cruises in April 2022, and don’t want a Med. cruise in March, and so difficult to Lift and Shift under Azamaras conditions.

Waiting on a call from our travel agent to discuss options.

I am surprised they did not push this out further.   All three RC cruiselines were pushed to April 30(Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Azamara).   In the case of Carnival Corp., they are saying that Carnival cruises are going to be the first in their family that launches.

In this case, it seems like all three cruiselines will launch on May 1.  

2 hours ago, Notts1964 said:

Very disappointed that our cruise has been cancelled but not really surprised, we’ve received an email this afternoon.
We had a 9 day cruise booked on 1 April 2021 that has now been cancelled, but there are no 9 day cruises in April 2022, and don’t want a Med. cruise in March, and so difficult to Lift and Shift under Azamaras conditions.

Waiting on a call from our travel agent to discuss options.

Azamara allows Lift and Shift to a similar itinerary and also 1 day shorter or 1 day longer. I moved my 11 night late April Med cruise to a 12 night early May Med cruise in 2022 without any problems. There were some itinerary differences as well. I checked April 2022 and there is a very similar 8 night cruise you should be able to Lift and Shift to. Not sure about the economics being that it is 1 night shorter, but probably worth looking at. 

[quote] I am surprised they did not push this out further.   All three RC cruiselines were pushed to April 30(Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Azamara). [/quote]
Some ships look as though they might becoming to Europe.

The following would not copy, so it is a screen shot of a post on the Celebrity site.

9BEF9F09-76B2-47AA-9BB5-4DFEEA5ED385.png

Edited by upwarduk

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I wonder if it will affect any of the later cruises. Anyone really think they will resume on 5/1?

We're booked on 01 May Journey Cruise (balance due 31 Jan) and I think it very unlikely it will actually happen.  Am more optimistic at this stage for our Dec 2021 booking...  but then this time last year, none of us could have anticipated what 2020 had in store

• Like 2

We were so disappointed to have our first Azamara cruise cancelled. We were going do the Croatia intensive out of Venice, and so looking forward to it. 

We have now lost four cruises to Covid 19. I’m not holding out too much hope for our remaining one to Greece and Turkey in October, but you never know.

• Like 2

Hi Wilma! We're on the Greece cruise departing October 13. Is that your cruise? I was optimistic but now that things are getting worse around the world, I'm starting to lose hope. Considering trips in U.S. but not sure my travel buddy will be willing to travel anywhere this year. Still optimistic about our February Rio Carnival cruise. Really praying that one goes as the itinerary is way better than the itinerary for 2022.

On 1/12/2021 at 11:53 AM, uktog said:

Disappointing for those affected but not at all surprising.  I think May start is still optimistic given how difficult re-crewing will be

May is probably optimistic, but no one really knows.  The cruise lines have not received guidance on the requirements to restart. They are hoping for better guidance from the new administration. 

10 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

May is probably optimistic, but no one really knows.  The cruise lines have not received guidance on the requirements to restart. They are hoping for better guidance from the new administration. 

Getting crew back will be subject to Public Health Scotland jurisdiction which is not affected by the situation in the USA.  Scotland is going to be in lockdown for at least another month or so minimum 

Azamara within hours of my online request did a lift and shift of my cancelled Azamara Journey cruise of 24th April 2021 to the Quest cruise on 23rd April 2022 which is an 8 days cruise instead of the original 7 days cruise. Price ( less flight/transfer charges) , cabin grade and OBC remain the same as originally. The only downside is that Azamara take off the flight and transfer charges so that I am now booked cruise only and will have to book flights and transfers when flights are released by the airlines in June this year. 

I can remember the days when we booked a cruise to escape from every day stress and hassle!

We have 1 river (March ‘22) and 1 ocean (Sept ‘21) cruise booked but only as a result of “push backs” from Covid cancelled cruises in 2020.  We will soon need to have a “strategy meeting” for the already pushed back Sept ‘21 cruise.  In the current climate we would not make a new booking.

Fingers crossed that everything soon falls into place for all cruisers who have loose ends to tie up.

Thankfully, we’re fit and healthy for which we are grateful.

Regards

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Azamara within hours of my online request did a lift and shift of my cancelled Azamara Journey cruise of 24th April 2021 to the Quest cruise on 23rd April 2022 which is an 8 days cruise instead of the original 7 days cruise. Price ( less flight/transfer charges) , cabin grade and OBC remain the same as originally. The only downside is that Azamara take off the flight and transfer charges so that I am now booked cruise only and will have to book flights and transfers when flights are released by the airlines in June this year. 

This is the second of our re booked cruises.  Look forward to meeting you.

On 1/12/2021 at 7:57 PM, JL87 said:

Azamara allows Lift and Shift to a similar itinerary and also 1 day shorter or 1 day longer. I moved my 11 night late April Med cruise to a 12 night early May Med cruise in 2022 without any problems. There were some itinerary differences as well. I checked April 2022 and there is a very similar 8 night cruise you should be able to Lift and Shift to. Not sure about the economics being that it is 1 night shorter, but probably worth looking at. 

Thank you, Azamara were flexible enough to allow us to move our cruise to a 10 night cruise commencing 1 May 2022 (they suggested the 8 night cruise you suggested, but we really wanted the overnight in Venice). The  date is outside the 28 days window so we are very pleased with this result.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2021 at 5:22 AM, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

We lifted and shifted (the day prior to the cancellation) from the 7 day cruise departing on the 17th to the same 8 day cruise you have booked. Since our 2021 cruise was booked with our 125% FCC from our canceled 2020 cruise, we were able to book a suite. Lift and shift has served us well! Hoping the 3rd time is the charm! We’re looking forward to our first cruise on Azamara. We’ve now had bookings on each of the 3 ships😁 looking forward to meeting you and Mrs. Miggins

Robin

Edited by acwmom

4 hours ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Hopefully 😀. I assume at the moment you are booked just cruise only ? 

Yes we generally book our flights ourselves.  A little cheaper usually, then we do private transfers.  Sometimes Azamara offer only a fairly late flight time on departure day but we are keen to get home.  We live only half an hour from Heathrow so generally lots of choice, or of course EasyJet from Gatwick. 

We have a B2B on the Quest May 22 to Jun 5. If it will happen, I am worried that we will not be able to leave the ship and explore on our own. Can't find any information on this on Azamara website. I think I will give it another couple of weeks, and then call them and ask. Any of u talked to Azamara about this?