Azamara cancels through April 2021

Mrs Miggins

4 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Yes we generally book our flights ourselves.  A little cheaper usually, then we do private transfers.  Sometimes Azamara offer only a fairly late flight time on departure day but we are keen to get home.  We live only half an hour from Heathrow so generally lots of choice, or of course EasyJet from Gatwick. 

In recent years I have played safe by packaging the flights with the cruise company especially as I can quite often not do it cheaper independently. I have shifted an RCI cruise from August 2020 to August 2021 and RCI have honoured the original flight promotion of £1 per person return !

We live in Yorkshire so we have less choice of flights from Manchester. Azamara use BA whereas RCI use Jet2 from Manchester. I’m just hoping that when Azamara release flights for April 2022 they are sensibly priced. 

We were due to cruise on April 24th out of Nice. Now we are trying to work out our best options, juggling pre existing Cruise Credits - and their expiry dates - with the various options under the Cruise with Confidence program. My question is: does anyone know if there is a time restriction on the FCC that is issued by Az when it is they that have cancelled, not me? I know it was 100% to be used by April ‘22 if I had chosen to cancel myself, but understand that it is now 125% (I had only paid the deposit but was hours away from sending the balance when we heard of the cancellation!) - I’m just not sure if the same time frame applies. Does anyone know (paperwork with my TA and I’m reluctant to ask her yet another question when she’s having such a hard time and not earning any commission 🙃).

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Ebeth63 said:

We were due to cruise on April 24th out of Nice. Now we are trying to work out our best options, juggling pre existing Cruise Credits - and their expiry dates - with the various options under the Cruise with Confidence program. My question is: does anyone know if there is a time restriction on the FCC that is issued by Az when it is they that have cancelled, not me? I know it was 100% to be used by April ‘22 if I had chosen to cancel myself, but understand that it is now 125% (I had only paid the deposit but was hours away from sending the balance when we heard of the cancellation!) - I’m just not sure if the same time frame applies. Does anyone know (paperwork with my TA and I’m reluctant to ask her yet another question when she’s having such a hard time and not earning any commission 🙃).

Thanks.

“Global Suspension Future Cruise Credits issued for 2021 sailings must be applied to a reservation no later than December 31, 2021. However, the credit can be applied towards any reservation that is booked on a sailing departing now through April 30, 2023. To speak with an Azamara representative you can call 833-292-2292 for US and Canadian guests. If you are a UK guest you can dial  0344-493-4016.”

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I was really thinking about the fact that passengers may think having everyone, including crew, vaccinated would mean that no-one onboard could catch it. As far as we know at present, that’s not necessarily the case, 

That’s correct. Even vaccinated, passengers would have to follow safety protocols 

• Like 1